Why is V so pissed at Jackie when stealing the relic?

+
Why do all the dialogue options while in the relic heist mission have to be so negative?
Kind of bugs me that V is such a downer in the prologue mission for seemingly no apparent reason. Soon at you jump in the Delamain its all doom and gloom as if you suddenly just hate Jackie's existence. Don't know how you all feel about it but for me it comes off as very forced and unnatural.

I put it down to nerves. The options that have the timer I just let the timer run out.
Yea, I mean i get that it would be stressful but it comes off more as some ham fisted guilt trip to Jackie's demise. One can be stressed without being a total ahole.. especially to a friend. Not to mention the dialogue options before and after that seem to express enthusiam at becoming a legend and in the big leagues but in the heist it's as if you never wanted to do it and don't even care about being a legend.

Last edited:
Why do all the dialogue options while in the relic heist mission have to be so negative?
Kind of bugs me that V is such a downer in the prologue mission for seemingly no apparent reason. Soon at you jump in the Delamain its all doom and gloom as if you suddenly just hate Jackie's existence. Don't know how you all feel about it but for me it comes off as very forced and unnatural.
I get your point. I usually don't choose anything at that moment, and just let Jackie have his joy moment.

I imagine it's never happened to you to start something with buddies thinking it's a good/great idea. And that once there, you have the strange presentiment that it's going to go wrong but to continue anyway... And when it actually goes wrong, to say to yourself, damn, I knew it !!!

I imagine it's never happened to you to start something with buddies thinking it's a good/great idea. And that once there, you have the strange presentiment that it's going to go wrong but to continue anyway... And when it actually goes wrong, to say to yourself, damn, I knew it !!!
I just don't really think it fits the character, the build up to the heist or is a rational way to act. It wouldn't really bother me so much if there were alternatives other than remaining silent and even when you do that the character takes the death of Tbug out on Jackie as if he somehow is to blame. "Major Leagues... Happy now Jackie?!" It just seems so set up to treat Jackie very poorly right before he dies for somthing you voluntarily entered into and were all enthusiastic about moments ago. As someone who really likes the acting and dialogue for the most part this particular segment just seems so out of place and badly written.

I just don't really think it fits the character, the build up to the heist or is a rational way to act. It wouldn't really bother me so much if there were alternatives other than remaining silent and even when you do that the character takes the death of Tbug out on Jackie as if he somehow is to blame. "Major Leagues... Happy now Jackie?!" It just seems so set up to treat Jackie very poorly right before he dies for somthing you voluntarily entered into and were all enthusiastic about moments ago. As someone who really likes the acting and dialogue for the most part this particular segment just seems so out of place and badly written.
100%. V is a real asshole to Jackie from the time they get into the Delemain at Afterlife straight up until right before he dies..

I wonder if you choose to said the "timed" dialogue lines offered, but during the Delamain ride, my V still quiet (I don't choose any because my V won't said that). And after, my V always insiste on the fact that Jackie is injured, nothing other (like in the elevator to reach the hall, my V stay quiet...Or at best, just tell Jackie to save his strength)
So except the line : "Major Leagues... Happy now Jackie?!" (which it's mostly because Jackie seem to go to an attraction park before that...), my "V" doesn't seem to be pissed at Jackie.

All these lines are optional and only "there" if it seem apropriate for players (in the same way, with Oda, except with a corpo V, my V always stay quiet...)

Adrenaline...
V's affraid, on the nerves with his/her buddy diying, Arasaka is traking thme down to kill them... i think those are good reason to be a little bit triggered ! X'D
That too.
For me, V's dialogue there didn't bother me, because Jackie kinda pushed them into something they are not ready for. And thus the "Major Leagues... Happy now Jackie?!". But as @LeKill3rFou mentioned you are also given the option to either say nothing or 'save your strength'.But to be fair it is also unfair of V as she didn't exactly go 'no' about the plan:)

...oh well fanfics to the rescue...normally, but CP77 doesn't seem to attract a lot:(

While we are talking about some debatable narrative choices perhaps y'all like to weigh in on some of the options given after the saka ninja car sequence when you first interact with Takemura. A seemingly hostile guy who will slap you in the face if you ask for help while literally dying in a garbage heap moments earlier. Some of the options (which for clarification i have not explored because they seemed so outlandish i couldn't bring myself to click on them). The first being what seems to be a compliment on his driving skills while dying on the side of the road and the second being an option to save himself because your life is not worth his time.
Post automatically merged:

I wonder if you choose to said the "timed" dialogue lines offered, but during the Delamain ride, my V still quiet (I don't choose any because my V won't said that). And after, my V always insiste on the fact that Jackie is injured, nothing other (like in the elevator to reach the hall, my V stay quiet...Or at best, just tell Jackie to save his strength)
So except the line : "Major Leagues... Happy now Jackie?!" (which it's mostly because Jackie seem to go to an attraction park before that...), my "V" doesn't seem to be pissed at Jackie.

All these lines are optional and only "there" if it seem apropriate for players (in the same way, with Oda, except with a corpo V, my V always stay quiet...)
That's kind of my point though. Your V wouldn't say that, which seems to be a popular consensus at least judging from the people contributing to the thread we are all sitting in silence because we don't want to be the ahole.

Last edited:
A seemingly hostile guy who will slap you in the face if you ask for help while literally dying in a garbage heap moments earlier. Some of the options (which for clarification i have not explored because they seemed so outlandish i couldn't bring myself to click on them). The first being what seems to be a compliment on his driving skills while dying on the side of the road and the second being an option to save himself because your life is not worth his time.
Again > optional dialogue options.
You can choose them or not... as you wish ;)
On my side, I never choose them... but maybe other can choose them...

In the same way that I never choose to remember my promise to Panam when she is about to do something stupid... you can do it, but you don't have to :)

Again > optional dialogue options.
You can choose them or not... as you wish ;)
On my side, I never choose them... but maybe other can choose them...
True they are optional but are they not a teeny bit devoid of reasonable human interaction. A bit on the nose?

True they are optional but are they not a teeny bit devoid of reasonable human interaction. A bit on the nose?
That's your opinion, mine too so I don't choose to not say that at this moment. But it doesn't imply that is the case for every one :)
(Like with Dex when he's about to shoot on you, you can say "you're dead", which is highly stupid^^)

While we are talking about some debatable narrative choices perhaps y'all like to weigh in on some of the options given after the saka ninja car sequence when you first interact with Takemura. A seemingly hostile guy who will slap you in the face if you ask for help while literally dying in a garbage heap moments earlier. Some of the options (which for clarification i have not explored because they seemed so outlandish i couldn't bring myself to click on them). The first being what seems to be a compliment on his driving skills while dying on the side of the road and the second being an option to save himself because your life is not worth his time.

I have to see if I have a save there and replay it but I imagine the 'compliment on his driving skills' to be in the vein of 'nice driving asshole, you only managed to wreck half the car!'...or something sardonic like that. No idea what the 2nd option will be as V seems to be too selfish to say something like that. At least to me....
That's kind of my point though. Your V wouldn't say that, which seems to be a popular consensus at least judging from the people contributing to the thread we are all sitting in silence because we don't want to be the ahole.

Speak for yourself. The options where you are an ass are the best:D

That's your opinion, mine too so I don't choose to not say that at this moment. But it doesn't imply that is the case for every one :)
(Like with Dex when he's about to shoot on you, you can say "you're dead", which is highly stupid^^)
Perhaps that's a translation issue. The line on the english version is "I will f'n kill you" which seems to be a reasonable thing to say to someone who is going to murder you even if its not really a option under the circumstances"

Perhaps that's a translation issue. The line on the english version is "I will f'n kill you" which seems to be a reasonable thing to say to someone who is going to murder you even if its not really a option under the circumstances"
That's from my memories then translated^^
But it's "stupid" to say that to someone who is about to murder you :)

Anyway, there are plenty of dialogue lines of this kind.
Other example, ask to Evy who hired her for the heist while she is totally unconscious in the scavs hideout... Stupid to ask, but the option to do it is here :D

That's from my memories then translated^^
But it's "stupid" to say that to someone who is about to murder you :)

Anyway, there are plenty of dialogue lines of this kind.
Other example, ask to Evy who hired her for the heist while she is totally unconscious in the scavs hideout... Stupid to ask, but the option to do it is here :D
Yea i thought so too. Not exactly what i would call an appropriate time to interrogate someone lol.

I have to see if I have a save there and replay it but I imagine the 'compliment on his driving skills' to be in the vein of 'nice driving asshole, you only managed to wreck half the car!'...or something sardonic like that. No idea what the 2nd option will be as V seems to be too selfish to say something like that. At least to me....

Speak for yourself. The options where you are an ass are the best:D
Of course your V is selfish if you are choosing all the ahole lines :p My V is very good natured:giggle:

Last edited:
In fact all these dialogue lines are here to "roleplay" your V.
A "heartless" V could choose to pissed against Jackie, to ask to Evy who hied her in the hideout, to punch directly Fingers, to betray Panam for Saul, to not care about the fate of the Cloud's dolls, to kill Maiko... All is matter of how you see your V :)

Top Bottom