People that are older than the gaming generation

+
omg with the optimo cigar stores LMAO :LOL: (wait...do we know eachother? lol) And their competitor TEAMO tobacco stores with arcade games in the back LOL
We had them in downtown Portland too. Magazines and newspapers from all over the world. Pinball machines and arcade set up iin one back room, poker in the other. Men would bring their kids in for a day. Load them up on game room tokens and then hit the poker tables.

1. The Strong Museum (Rochester, NY) has an excellent selection of exhibits, including a lot of toys and games from this period
Believe it or not, that's where I was born. I left Rochester in 1995, but I still have to go back once in a while. (I mostly like to leave the 1980s there. :p )

It was a very situational thing. (So many people thought it was some sort of exhibit.)

No, I was born in a hospital, obviously. From a test-grown batch of clones specifically engineered to despise rabbits.
I HATE RABBITS.

Literally, 4th of July, I'm transplanting seedlings. I go to fire up the grill and cook some burgers, and THOSE STUPID RABBITS got like 90% of the transplanted seedlings in the 3 hours we were cooking and eating.

Then I went all Bill Murray on them. Bagged 10 over the year, put them in the freezer and, in the fall, made a big pot of a hasepfeffer-like stew that I found in a WWII-era Joy of Cooking.

Take that, bunnehs.

Top Bottom