Game freezes in "the heist" when entering delamain car

+
Im on PC, in "the heist" mission and it keeps crashing/freezing at different parts. First it crashed when I talked to jackie infront of the afterlife. Then it constantly crashs when entering delamains car or when jacking in to verify my identity with the weird optical effect and once it even crashed/froze when I entered the parking lot after exiting the afterlife.

I loaded several earlier saves, played through the entire afterlife part several times but it always crashes.
Ive read so many forum posts from the last two years describing this problem but there doesnt seem to be a fix.

I cant progress at all and most of he city isnt available to me or not unlocked like all vendors or missions. I only have access to the one northern region for missions and thats it. What am I supposed to do now?

Last edited:
Im on PC, in "the heist" mission and it keeps crashing/freezing at different parts. First it crashed when I talked to jackie infront of the afterlife. Then it constantly crashs when entering delamains car or when jacking in to verify my identity with the weird optical effect and once it even crashed/froze when I entered the parking lot after exiting the afterlife.

I loaded several earlier saves, played through the entire afterlife part several times but it always crashes.
Ive read so many forum posts from the last two years describing this problem but there doesnt seem to be a fix.

I cant progress at all and most of he city isnt available to me or not unlocked like all vendors or missions. I only have access to the one northern region for missions and thats it. What am I supposed to do now?
Concerning CET,

"Known crash issue. If you speak to jackie in front of the afterlife in act one, the game will freeze during the conversation if you have the minimap flicker option turned on, as well as the disable boundary teleport. Then again when leaving the afterlife in the cab. So disable those options if you don't want your game to freeze."

In essence, turn all CET features temporary off. You can switch them on again when arriving at Konpeki.

Ah, thanks. I overlooked CET when I removed my mods.
Just so you know, if you had these features on when arriving at Jackie's, (temporary) removing CET, the game will still freeze. CET must remain in your game and running with these features deselected. Only then the freezes will cease.

So far it was only at that specific point. No other freezes. Not in the 50h before that point, not since then. Weird.

So far it was only at that specific point. No other freezes. Not in the 50h before that point, not since then. Weird.
It only takes one. A single incorrect digit...a single line of code that's in the wrong bracket...and poof! Perfection utterly marred!

But seriously, this is a quest that has popped up with a fair few issues in the past. If you can recreate the bug reliably, send it on in to CDPR Support.

It only takes one. A single incorrect digit...a single line of code that's in the wrong bracket...and poof! Perfection utterly marred!

But seriously, this is a quest that has popped up with a fair few issues in the past. If you can recreate the bug reliably, send it on in to CDPR Support.
Seems its related too the mod CET more then the base game since its 2 specific settings that does it. Not sure if its the tweeks too the minimap or the teleport fix. These fixes are probably "brute" forced so doubt its a problem in the game code.

Seems its related too the mod CET more then the base game since its 2 specific settings that does it. Not sure if its the tweeks too the minimap or the teleport fix. These fixes are probably "brute" forced so doubt its a problem in the game code.
Can people here confirm if they're using this mod, a similar one, or have ever done so in the past?

Can people here confirm if they're using this mod, a similar one, or have ever done so in the past?
I use it but dont crash since i dont use those 2 settings. Can se if i have a save around that part too see if i can replicate it.

Edit: Can confirm, hardlocked my pc when i got too the end of How mamma wells is doing. Got a gpu error for some reason in the crash report.

Last edited:
Top Bottom