MaxTac and Trauma Team

+
Basically ........ Where are they?
Why is V dealing with cyberpsychos when that's the job of MaxTac? MaxTac exists for a reason. Cyberpsychos are SERIOUS threats that only specially equipped TEAMS of people can deal with. Most of MaxTac personnel are on the verge of cyberpsychosis themselves due to being nearly full cyborg. Some rando-schmuck like V really shouldn't be involved at all, let alone dealing with them solo. Maybe helping out MaxTac now and then tho. MaxTac is THE badasses of all badasses in Night City. Except perhaps for ...
Trauma Team. NO ONE messes with them. We know Trauma Team exists because they're there in the early game. But then never again? Huh? No one else in Night City has a Trauma Team contract? V can't buy a Trauma Team contract?
I love this game, but these two are pretty essential components to the goings on in Night City.
Also, V should be able to go cyberpsycho. Too much cyberwear? Bye bye character, try again. Unless V can defeat the MaxTac team sent to subdue her/him. It's a big part of the RPG. Managing your humanity as you get more implants. Removing implants can recover some humanity, but not all of it. Called "Empathy" in CP 2020. Perhaps that's the mysterious glitched out looking stat at the bottom on the player attributes screen?

The game is more focused on it's narrative and story than gameplay mechanics surrounding it, like story:gameplay ratio is 70:30

Within the game's narrative, there are probably a lot of Cyberpsychos that ARE being dealt with by MaxTac. (They do appear in one or two missions, IIRC).

However, the Cyberpsychos that V is dealing with are those identified very quickly by Regina, and so V has a head's start over MaxTac. (And Regina has a reason for not wanting MaxTac involved).

I do see Trauma Team around the place in random events, but I have a feeling most of the people that V is dealing with aren't TT card holders!

V not gaining Cyberpsychosis is definitely something to aid gameplay, because actually falling into Cyberpsychosis causes a lot of story problems. (I can say that character I'm playing a Cyberpunk RED RPG campaign at the moment has been in a LOT of therapy of late due to an incredibly low humanity!)

Cheers,
Merric

Interesting. I have never seen Trauma Team anywhere in my 120ish hrs of gameplay (aside from that early mission). And plenty of people V deals with could afford a TT contract. And would, due to the danger of their business. People like Rogue for instance. HECK! Solos and netrunners and such are kinda the bread and butter of Trauma Team really. CONSTANTLY needing serious medical attention LOL .... And they have cheap plans for those on a budget ;)
V being able to go cyberpsycho would make a player consider carefully what cyber implants to get. Gotta balance that humanity with the usefulness of the tech. ............. Not that the game actually allows V to go full-cyborg, to be fair. So probably not far enough into cyborg territory to actually go psycho from it.
As it is, there's no consequences for replacing the meat with tech. And there should be. It's a very important part of the lore. Cyberwear is all bonus, no negatives. In "metagame" terms, it's unbalanced.

One thing in regards to cyberware in this universe, is there's not much to actually penalize for it's use. Compare to Shadowrun where the more cyberware you have, the lower your essence, and thus, you lose the ability to use magic. There's no magic or anything for the loss of "humanity" to count against.

Well, in CP 2020 as your empathy gets lower (i.e.-what I'm terming "humanity") people are more off-put by you. Less likely to deal with you. People are more afraid of you. (I've never played any CP beyond 2020, so I don't know what happens there in regards to this topic)
Perhaps dialog choices could change to reflect lower humanity. Little to no compassion. Uncaring about "human details." Perhaps the Maelstroms would take more kindly to you as you get more and more cybered up. Romance options completely dry up. Fixers withdraw gigs. Cops keep a very watchful eye on you when they see you. Stuff like that.

Well, in CP 2020 as your empathy gets lower (i.e.-what I'm terming "humanity") people are more off-put by you. Less likely to deal with you. People are more afraid of you. (I've never played any CP beyond 2020, so I don't know what happens there in regards to this topic)
Perhaps dialog choices could change to reflect lower humanity. Little to no compassion. Uncaring about "human details." Perhaps the Maelstroms would take more kindly to you as you get more and more cybered up. Romance options completely dry up. Fixers withdraw gigs. Cops keep a very watchful eye on you when they see you. Stuff like that.
They have tried to do that with Street cred when we have to find a cop in a market place and people will give you info based on your street cred. Instances like those are rare( like 4 to 5 in total) but surely present. They needed to double down on it, it would have made a great system. Street cred is just sits idle after maxing out and it gets maxed pretty fast.

"MAXTAC AND TRAUMA TEAM"

"Basically ........ Where are they?
Why is V dealing with cyberpsychos when that's the job of MaxTac? MaxTac exists for a reason."

Maxtac always kills their targets where Regina wants to keep them alive for treatment. Hence, she calls you to incap them before Maxtac arrives. CDPR could have made it so that Regina always summons a TT AV to pick up the incapped cyberpsycho, but why waste resources when the gig's already complete?

I see TT handling victims plenty of times throughout the city. Think what's missing are conventional TT land ambulances. Suppose they decided to move about the city by air only due to traffic and crime.

Maxtac always kills their targets where Regina wants to keep them alive for treatment.
That's the ticket, I think. I definitely got the idea that MaxTac would be called in as a last resort. (I can also assume they are hella expensive.) All of Gina's missions seem to be jobs that have gone under the radar.

Although, in the sentiment of the OP, I wouldn't mind seeing more of them in the game. Not every time I turn around, but maybe have them directly play into a few missions. I was always waiting for that mission where I had to run for my life from MaxTac or TT...and it never happened.

Most of the psychos are early jumps from Regina. She wants them alive and MaxTac never lets them live so you're her alternative. They are meant to be challenging obviously. There is a side mission I recall that does involve MaxTac. It happens at the clothing store near downtown. You go in to shop and the place gets assaulted by a psycho. MT rolls in and will take them out if you don't manage it before they arrive. There's some post-incident debrief with the MT officer in charge afterwards as well.
TT you will see around town as little static scenes behind a cordoned off area. They won't normally mess with you unless provoked. Having them show in a mission as a hostile or allied force is problematic. They're supposed to be extremely tough so having them swoop in to save an enemy you're there to kill would be rough and kind of unsatisfying really. And having them come to save you when you're downed could complicate or trivialize the gig or mission you're on as they wipe out the opposition to get to you. Getting yourself strategically flatlined to clear a mission is not supposed to be a thing.
V doesn't go or have the chance to go psycho because it would be a rather unsatisfying ending that could happen outside the main quest chain that leads to the intended ending selections. Also, time. The main quests are supposed to happen over like days or maybe weeks. That isn't really enough time for V to get chromed to the point of psychosis and have the mental breakdown for a full cyberpsychotic break. There's also the complicated question of how it would interact with the Relic.

Both MAX TAC and Trauma Team are criminally under used, yet featured in promotional work, and lore-wise, they are cool as heck.

It wouldn't surprise me if CDPR wanted to do more with them, but due to sloppy management of the project, it might have been dropped.

Either way, they are basically just scenery due to how little they are used.

Could be a simple matter of them not being able to pull them off the way they wanted. Matter for the Expansion DLC, perhaps?

Alternatively, maybe they just wanted to avoid focusing on some of the more iconic "tropes" of the Cyberpunk IP and cover new ground. That may sound backwards, but really iconic tropes can cross the line into cliche very easily.

I didn't even realize the cyberpsycho missions are from Regina LOL
I never leave them alive. So I guess she's pretty peeved with me eh? But I still get paid. heh ;)

The way I see it, cyberpsychosis is sort of a natural thing. It doesn't need the game to force it upon you through mechanics.

Every new piece of cyberware you get, you're usually just itching to try it out. Just started a new playthrough after beating the game the first time using a cyberdeck. This time I got myself a sandy, and the moment I bought it, I was just prowling for some targets to use it on. *THAT* is how cyberpsychosis manifests itself in V. Not through any mechanic the game forces on you, but by your own desire to use your cyberware

Basically ........ Where are they?
Why is V dealing with cyberpsychos when that's the job of MaxTac? MaxTac exists for a reason. Cyberpsychos are SERIOUS threats that only specially equipped TEAMS of people can deal with. Most of MaxTac personnel are on the verge of cyberpsychosis themselves due to being nearly full cyborg. Some rando-schmuck like V really shouldn't be involved at all, let alone dealing with them solo. Maybe helping out MaxTac now and then tho. MaxTac is THE badasses of all badasses in Night City. Except perhaps for ...
Trauma Team. NO ONE messes with them. We know Trauma Team exists because they're there in the early game. But then never again? Huh? No one else in Night City has a Trauma Team contract? V can't buy a Trauma Team contract?
I love this game, but these two are pretty essential components to the goings on in Night City.
Also, V should be able to go cyberpsycho. Too much cyberwear? Bye bye character, try again. Unless V can defeat the MaxTac team sent to subdue her/him. It's a big part of the RPG. Managing your humanity as you get more implants. Removing implants can recover some humanity, but not all of it. Called "Empathy" in CP 2020. Perhaps that's the mysterious glitched out looking stat at the bottom on the player attributes screen?
If you are on PC, there are mods which improve MaxTac gameplay and allow Cyberpsychosis to effect the player.

Top Bottom