Need help with the Stunning Blows perk!

+

yabab

Forum regular
Hey guys, I'm finally playing a hard stealth build with patch 1.52 on PC. I got the Stunning Blows perk ASAP since it seemed to really mitigate the chance of being detected from CQB if I'm quick enough to execute the melee attack. However, I can't seem to make it work... Is the perk still bugged on PC or is there some trick to using it? Just slamming people in the face with my gun's buttstock doesn't seem to work!

Thanks!

Honeslty, I never try it since release.
So if I understand you hit the dude with a handgun/smg/rifle and then, you have a little time to grab it to kill/knock out him.
No very useful I think, but I could be wrong. In my opinion, it's way better(and safer) to use reboot optics and grab it "normally", because you have "plenty of time" to do it :)

Anyway, I'll try, but it seem quite "risky" in stealth.

yabab

Forum regular
Honeslty, I never try it since release.
So if I understand you hit the dude with a handgun/smg/rifle and then, you have a little time to grab it to kill/knock out him.
No very useful I think, but I could be wrong. In my opinion, it's way better(and safer) to use reboot optics and grab it "normally", because you have "plenty of time" to do it :)

Anyway, I'll try, but it seem quite "risky" in stealth.
I think the perk is supposed to give you the Reboot Optics strategy even if you don't slot Reboot Optics or play using a different Operating System. It would be useful when stealthing without marking enemies. You round the corner and start being detected, but before the enemy can start screaming you stun and grapple them, defusing the situation.

This should make aggressive stealth much more viable and fun.

I think the perk is supposed to give you the Reboot Optics strategy even if you don't slot Reboot Optics or play using a different Operating System. It would be useful when stealthing without marking enemies. You round the corner and start being detected, but before the enemy can start screaming you stun and grapple them, defusing the situation.

This should make aggressive stealth much more viable and fun.
Yep, but I suppose that Synaptic Accelerator is required (or at least, it could be very useful to get even more time to react) :)
Generally, when it happen to me, either I have a knife or my silenced overture, so it's even faster to resolve the situation^^

yabab

Forum regular
Yep, but I suppose that Synaptic Accelerator is required (or at least, it could be very useful to get even more time to react) :)
Generally, when it happen to me, either I have a knife or my silenced overture, so it's even faster to resolve the situation^^
Hadn't thought about Synaptic Accelerator: gave up on it back when I saw it wasn't working properly alongside Kerenzikov or Sandevistan. I'll try Stunning Blows with it to see if anything changes!

Hadn't thought about Synaptic Accelerator: gave up on it back when I saw it wasn't working properly alongside Kerenzikov or Sandevistan. I'll try Stunning Blows with it to see if anything changes!
I think it's Sandevistan which is affected by Synaptic Accelerator (I believe than you can no longer launch Sandevistan sometimes).
But the effect in stealth is very useful :)

Having the same issue right now as well on the series x, I do enjoy using this perk. It's fun even if there are more practical ways to take someone out. You used to be able to stun them with stunning blows then jump in the air and do an aerial takedown. It was pretty fun tbh

yabab

Forum regular
So 1.6 came and went and my stealth character designed around Stunning Blows is still not working. Am I seriously gonna have to mod this myself back into the game? C'mon now...

Top Bottom