The first expansion coming in 2023 and "further support" througout 2022.

+
You speak of a massive expansion in 2023, CDPR?

I pray that your first expansion gives us plenty of hours (especially main content). In terms of gameplay length, it'd be amazing something close to Assassin's Creed Odyssey. When playing RPGs, we usually project ourselves into a world... so, it's a bummer that a great atmosphere ends too quickly!

To be V in 2023, you'll need a real vast content!!!

A funny fact somebody told me is that Cyberpunk 2077 already gives you tons of hours "by reading all the shards." I want new main quests, side-quests... action itself. I'm not here for the "Prophet Muhammad" book while I play!! I respect those who pause a quest to read shards all the time, but as for me, I prefer a few animations or audio recordings. Interruptive text lore is for when we finish the game or google it. Of course shards will add months to the game, but come on!

Note: Actually, I've never yet played The Witcher 3, that's why I used AC Odyssey as a basis for comparison. But according to what people say about Blood and Wine, Cyberpunk 2077's first expansion has a high probability to be really massive.

Post automatically merged:

True.

Why do people keep saying this game is short? I got 100 + hrs out of it? I mean, sure the ending quest does come up quick, but the side quests are just as detailed if not more then the main quests.

Its still a very long time too wait for content. That just wont change because you have a reason for it. If the new updated pdf is accurate im even more confused. If they could not do any work on it before 1.5 wtf allocate people too work on it? Also how could they make that mistake on a chart in the first place? Im baffled tbh.
Why is it still a very long time? According to who's rules or playbook is it long?
Also, I'l reiterate my example a foundation-less house.
At current I assume 1.5 did major redecorating on the game. Outside of some planning, drafting ideas etc... Exactly how much do you think one could do for a possible expansio . Even with simultaneous engineering (or whatever the software equivalent) there's restrictions of what is usable to continuing to build on.
And how a mistake like that can be made? Well deceptively easy really.. communication in large companies isn't particulairly good. So I wouldn't be surprised in the least about that.
I dont read too into that imho.

I continue to be of the position that people are spoiled and expect things where they maybe shouldn't specially when the basis of that expectation is arbitrary or borrowed from "others did so"... Whi h means exactly nothing to me in such matters.

I imagine not a lot, thus I understand why the expansion can't come faster than a year and a half (the patch 1.5), but....frankly, I was expecting them to work on what they could and have a lot of pieces done and waiting to be inserted into the game when they have fixed the bugs. Now I am assuming how exactly it works, but have the writers come up with the story, the dialogue etc. Have designers/artists ready (or do most of the work - as I said I don't know how much of the assets you have to do in engine) NPC, building and so on. Record or begin to record at least the major dialogue with the voice actors so you will be ready/mostly ready with a nicely done piece that only needs to be inserted when it can. Such things. Ofcourse they can't (and shouldn't if they do) be expected to make an expansion if they started it when the 1.5 came, but I think there were some things they could have done to mitigate. And I am baffled why they (apparently) didn't.
But as I said it is all an assumption on my part and it might be a lot of more difficult than imagine....
I refer to my post above. Like you, I also resort to assumptions, since I dont work for CDPR and this do not know how they operate. But confused/surprised I am not. Also I shall first put questions on how much of the elements they could have built that 'wait until being inserted' if major parts of the basecode is rewritten or something like that, those previously-made elements will yet again require a lot of rework after the newest patch (1.5 in this instance) and you'd be surprised how often these sort of things happen.
I myself have on occasion worked hours on end on projects or parts that were ultimately cancelled or required major overhaul due to..reasons.

One thing I've learned because of all those experiences, is that work effectiveness unto a "release status" is very small when en ountering a few 'hickups'.
And lets face it, they have encountered a fair share.
It has also resulted in me being very tempered with announcements of this sort.

I know V is a merc and probably wouldn't take much if the right pay was involved, etc. Even Alt gives V 6 months to live, even she's not 100% sure V could live longer then 6 months.
Originally the argeement here was that V was totally 'cured'.
V (and Johnny) were shocked twice in short distance between them where the 'cure' from Alt meant killing and reconstructing V in the first place and second time where Alt said it didn't really worked properly.
The 6 months were not "given" they are altually Alts failing.
In equivalent terms, this would mean the fixer withheld half the pay from the merc.
And considering V's life is still on the line here.. I could very much imagine the potential to save her life is all the 'pay' V needs... As was the original deal with Alt.
The problem with a post ending expansion is that a lot of people do not finish the games they buy. So, unless they create a save for you (I think Witcher 3 does this with B&W), then it's going to be Act 2.
If people do not finish games they deserve to miss out. And you can hold a gaming dev/company responsible for that.
I never made it past the first hour of play in TW3 so accordingly I miss out on a good game and good expo's... Such is my burden, or should CDPR also never have made those expansions etc because I didn't complete their game? I hope you relaise how weird that sounds.
However, what's interesting though, is that it does take a couple of hours to reach Act 2. Assuming you don't do any side quests. Unless if it becomes unlocked during Act 1, meaning it's a completely standalone expansion. Though that can't really work, because Watson is on lockdown. So I give up.
All I can say... Where there is a will, there is a way.
Its not like V couldn't slip out of Watson lorewise.
Simple example: I tried various ways to escape Watson like swimming etc.
If the game did matrix-reboot me back I would have been fine climbing up a stairs on Japantown border and no polica would have cared one bit (since they dont patrol the waterways)
But you get what I'm saying

Last edited:
Why do people keep saying this game is short? I got 100 + hrs out of it? I mean, sure the ending quest does come up quick, but the side quests are just as detailed if not more then the main quests.

I think it is because the main quest itself is pretty short in comparison to The Witcher 3. I believe CDPR did this on purpose - they said not enough people played all of the way through The Witcher 3 and they believed the main reason was that the main quest was too long.

I also found this disappointing as I thought the main quest felt rushed and like parts of it were cut out.

But overall the game does have a lot of content and most of it is very high quality that can add up to 100+ hours.

Yeah, its not so short but unfortunately most hours you will spend on gig and NCPD events rather than highest quality storyline. I enjoy them, but even if you do 3 gigs and then move a bit with a main story you will end up pretty much by Hanako door with 20+ unfinished gigs. Would be nice to have it all more blend into each other so you can do both naturally.

Top Bottom