Cyberpunk Sequel?

+
The idea of placing the heist early in the game also doesn't work because it should have triggered a massive bounty on V's head from Yorinobu and every fixer in town would have turned traitor or at least burned bridges due to V botching this huge job and attracting the ire of Arasaka.
The Relic 2.0 is a secret and highly confidential project of Saburo (and Arasaka) that Yorinobu doesn't want to publicize either (only very, very few poeple are aware of its existence). So at worst, Yorinobu would send you assassins, but as long as you're not a big problem, he have other things to deal with (Don't forget that's V was/is no one).

But again, the story is not about "V who rise to the top" or "V doing GIGs with Jackie to become famous or/and a legend". The story is about "V try to become a legend, fail, die, resurect and do everything to try to cheat the unevitable, the death...

Anyway, I think you can rather post here, it seem more appropriate :)

Even if they aren't actively working on the sequel I would be surprised if it isn't part of the discussions with Unreal. "What can Unreal Engine do for cyberpunk that RedEngine can't". As we've all discussed to death, there were a lot of features on Cdpr's wish list that couldn't be implemented in time for the launch and I'd be shocked if they aren't doing some serious feasibility studies before starting on new projects with a new engine.

On that note, how easy will it be to copy and paste night city into a new engine?

No sequel for Cyberpunk 2077 before several years. We're still waiting for the narrative expansions and the standalone multiplayer.

Even if they aren't actively working on the sequel I would be surprised if it isn't part of the discussions with Unreal. "What can Unreal Engine do for cyberpunk that RedEngine can't". As we've all discussed to death, there were a lot of features on Cdpr's wish list that couldn't be implemented in time for the launch and I'd be shocked if they aren't doing some serious feasibility studies before starting on new projects with a new engine.

On that note, how easy will it be to copy and paste night city into a new engine?
Depends. There are some ways too convert assets and so on too other engines but its quite rare for a standallone and "selfmade" one too be compatible with UE. Even unity and UE can be hard from what ive heard. If there unlucky they pretty much have too start from scratch exept for the art i guess.

Depends. There are some ways too convert assets and so on too other engines but its quite rare for a standallone and "selfmade" one too be compatible with UE. Even unity and UE can be hard from what ive heard. If there unlucky they pretty much have too start from scratch exept for the art i guess.
That's going to suck. Guess it keeps Miles Tost and his team in a job though

I would be interested in sci-fi space opera RPG as their new IP.

Last edited:
In an alternate timeline... Cyberpunk 2077 was a poorly reviewed game, left without updates beyond bug fixes, and the second game in the series has been released already.

I think they are working on the expansions, tbh it would just be stupid off them too not be doing that. Even if they already made back the investment they have nothing else too keep the cash flowing in untill witcher 4. And with Cp2077's sales numbers it would be stupid not too try too get some expansions/dlc out too make even more. Im hoping it doesnt take too long tho, should be faster this time around since they will probably use "wellknown" tech for them now. Hopefully they dont rush it out tho

Starfield's Neon City sounds Cyberpunkish, or then Bladerunner. Sadly I dont think we get Cyberpunk 2 until 2030+. What sucks even more Im 200% sure it 200% betterr, really think CPDR hits Cyberpunk much better with sequel.

... with Cp2077's sales numbers it would be stupid not too try too get some expansions/dlc out too make even more.

That's essentially it.

Regardless of the game's critical response or anyone's personal opinion, it's still at the very least a commercial success. 18+ million copies is nothing to laugh at. Most AAA title don't sell that much.

Any expansion has great revenu potential.

Top Bottom