Regarding the Endings (Possible Bug?)

+
So i recently finished Cyberpunk again, my goal was to complete everything in the game, secret ending and so forth.

Anyways once i arrived in Mikoshi, the story just takes a turn.
I had the secret ending unlocked, basically V & Johnny were friends on my save, however in terms of dialogue it was the complete opposite.
V was pissed off at Johnny and was outright saying that Johnny betrayed him during the Rogue Path.
I tried again with the Panam Path, now it was even more confusing. For some reason when i select that i'd rather keep living, V apologizes to Johnny as if he betrayed him and when i selected the opposite V says: "You keep the body, just like we agreed at the Pistis Sophia" ... I NEVER AGREED TO ANYTHING LIKE THAT LOL, all i said is that i would take a bullet for him, the exact same dialogue happens during the Secret Ending too.

Anyway, i found this video where their interaction was completely opposite of mine

When i tried to cross the bridge during Rogues ending, V just attacked Johnny.
I actually had this before, a week after the games release, i had the exact same thing.
Also V's clothes are weirdly bugged during the Ending, the person in that video seemed to have the same thing.
Back then my V wore those exact same clothes for no reason at all and on my current save he wore a Netrunning Suit, even though i was wearing the full set of Johnny Clothes.

Is the "Would you take a bullet for me?" question during the Tapeworm quest bugged?

Not sure what do you mean.
But I always choose to "take a bullet for him" and The Star ending (Panam) and,

When choose to return in his/her body :
V :
"I'm sorry Johnny, I said you that I would let you the body, but I can't..."
... Won't you defend yourself ?"
Johnny :
"You know, I learned something from someone on day, that sometimes I have to let go".
(so in short, it's the way how Johnny say "farewell").

When V decide to cross the bridge :
Johnny try to change V's mind until the end, so he's a little "rude" indeed.

Confused me too..... never recall in any dialogue V would give Johnny her body to him.
I think it is a bit of a conflict in story telling verses player choice to be honest. The ONLY time Johnny gets V's body is by player choice. Story controlled Johnny is very determine for V to take her life back.
Maybe in a future update (just speculating here) some cut content will return to make the endings flow better.

Nope, players can choose the keep the body when playing as Johnny too, in the Sun Ending and in "Don't Fear The Reaper" ;)
But it's a "player choice" indeed.
<sigh> yes this true, but you failed to understand what was said. The focus was V surrendering the body, or Johnny taking the body. Which is only done by the player. Story controlled Johnny does not want the body and is very insistent that V returns to her body

Maybe it has to do with the path you chose, and the secret ending being two different things? The "secret ending" isn't the actual end of the game so much as it is Johnny and V hitting 'saka in a solo "suicide run". If you take either Rogue or Panam, you've veered away from the secret choice.

I hate this part of the game so much because whenever V wants to keep her body, even if she says she wouldn't take a bullet for Johnny, she acts like she has to apologise and oh my god Johnny I'm so sorry please defend yourself and all and Johnny also acts pissed even though he clearly wants you to live and keep your body from beginning to end. I don't know why it was written like this.

Same goes if you play as Johnny and decide to keep V's body if i recall right. The dialogues make no sense.

I also never understood why V would attack Johnny if he wants to go with Alt. Its all so confusing. It would make sense if as Johnny you selected a lot of dialogue options that make Johnny promise he would keep the body, and then betrayed and went on the path to Alt. That would make sense for V to be pissed. But wouldn't it make more sense in the opposite...? Playing as Johnny again, you talk and agree that you should go with Alt, so V can keep the body. But then, you approach the Well. Wouldn't it make more sense for V to attack Johnny there, instead of on the bridge?

I'm ranting because I dislike this part a lot, but it's entirely possible I'm just stupid and there's some things I don't understand, especially the would you take a bullet thing that is a part of this, but even that doesn't seem to even actually matter.

So no, it's not a bug at all, it's just a little confusing, maybe someone can enlighten on what's going on with that scene.

So no, it's not a bug at all, it's just a little confusing, maybe someone can enlighten on what's going on with that scene.
Maybe not all the dialogue, I played once every endings, but since always goes with Panam and V returning in her body :)

I don't know if this part "bullets for hime" or not is important during the dialogue (and in Johnny %). But I'm sure that if you don't reach 70% (required for "Don't fear the Reaper"), Johnny say nothing or almost when V return in her/his body.
Unlike when you have 70%, where Johnny is not really "pissed", it's his way to say goodbye/farewell (a "proud Rockerboy"...)

When V apologize, Johnny say "it's ok, it's like what was planned and we all know how it would end" and his last answers are very good.
"Don't worry, I will always be with you, whether you want it or not"
"I learned something from someone recently, there are moments where you have to let it go"

Johnny < 70% :
(no dialogue when V apologize and near the well)
70% :
(it make a real difference)

Last edited:
Top Bottom