Your useless talent

+
I can play cyberpunk 2077

I can make my thumbs touch my wrists

I can read those stupid messages like this

I can also mix up a bunch of fonts and colors
When I was a kid I really struggled with spelling until I stated thinking of words as pictures rather than trying to read phonetically, this concept completely makes sense to me too! (Does this entitle me to a Cambridge scholarship?)

Actually I can read that quite easily ..... I attribute it to overcoming Dyslexia back when hardly anyone knew what it was (I'm 62) and after 30 years on the Internet I'm quite fluent in reading "typo" ....... My mind works so weirdly that if I try to type fast I'll spell entire words backwards .... However the ability to think "outside the box" makes me a top notch engineer and troubleshooter as I can see patterns in seemingly random events most people cannot even after I point them out

FWIW there's an article by an actual Cambridge researcher on that jumbled letter phenomenon, and how what the meme claims isn't actually true. The passage in that specific screenshot is constructed to be easily readable to the vast majority of fluent readers of English, but the specific ways in which letters are jumbled within words can make a huge difference as to how readable they are, even if the first and last letters stay the same (see section 2 of the linked article).

Apparently one of my other useless talents is remembering debunkings of chain emails that circulated the internet in the early 2000s

I'm good at making people trust me and open up to me but I can't trust them myself... rendering the whole "trust relationship" one sided and meaningless to me.

I can draw. And, modesty aside, i think i can really draw but i have a job which is not related to painting or drawing so.. yeah, useless talent.

I have a detachable head! My head can float away and wander through the clouds while the rest of my body stumbles around blindly, vainly searching for its misplaced head.
Not a useful skill, but it's a cool party trick.

Top Bottom