Mod Slots Missing Entirely On Some Clothes (Where They Used To Be Before)

+
Mod slots seem to be missing entirely on some clothing items they were previously available on. This incudes all Cargo Pants variations (Phanton Tough-Lined Cargo Pants, Army Star Anti-Chafing Cargo Pants, Tacticloth Cargo Pants, 6th Street Cargo Pants, Nomad Eazy-Breathe Cargo Pants etc.), Militech and Maelstrom Neotac Pants, all Tactical Vests (Militech Heavy Tactical Vest, Camo Tactical Vest, BITCH V.13 Dual-reinforced Tactical Vest, even the legendary Trauma Team Armor-Weave Tactical Vest). Motorcycle helmets, have this issue, too, although I'm not sure if mod slots were available on them pre-patch 1.5.

The issue does not depend on the item rarity and is present loading both pre- and post-patch 1.5 saves.

The verification of the game files integrity and a clean reinstall of the game do not solve the issue.

Last edited:
noticed that as well - some clothes seem to lost their slots completly, replaced by random effects. also noticed there are some clothes which only drop with one slot and a random effect no matter how often you reload or savescam - Placids netrunner coat f.e. wasnt able to get one with more than one slot on 2 differentt chars after 1.5 (SK & Corpo) - so not sure ift its an intended adjustment with 1.5 or just another bug....

info about it would be nice indeed : /

Mod slots seem to be missing entirely on some clothing items they were previously available on. This incudes all Cargo Pants variations (Phanton Tough-Lined Cargo Pants, Army Star Anti-Chafing Cargo Pants, Tacticloth Cargo Pants, 6th Street Cargo Pants, Nomad Eazy-Breathe Cargo Pants etc.), Militech and Maelstrom Neotac Pants, all Tactical Vests (Militech Heavy Tactical Vest, Camo Tactical Vest, BITCH V.13 Dual-reinforced Tactical Vest, even the legendary Trauma Team Armor-Weave Tactical Vest). Motorcycle helmets, have this issue, too, although I'm not sure if mod slots were available on them pre-patch 1.5.

The issue does not depend on the item rarity and is present loading both pre- and post-patch 1.5 saves.

The verification of the game files integrity and a clean reinstall of the game do not solve the issue.
You can verify but all these clothes have (always) an "ability" which take the place of one mod slot.
So whatever the rarity, they always have the same ability in place of a mod slot, only the "bonus" values change.

From memories :
Motorcycle helmets > Mitigation Strength.
Bustiers/Bullet proof vests > Mitigation Chances.
Netrunner Suit > QH Upload time.
Cargo pants > Carrying capacity.
So it's not a "bug", it simply because these abilities were newly added (and mandatory) on these clothes ;)

Last edited:
mandatory?... tbh who gives a f*** on 5% quick hack reduce or any resistance boni... if perks do the job 10 times better like full immunity f.e. ?... its odd to wear clothes without any slots at all... just because they got some stupid meaningless attributes no-one cares about... : /

mandatory?... tbh who gives a f*** on 5% quick hack reduce or any resistance boni... if perks do the job 10 times better like full immunity f.e. ?... its odd to wear clothes without any slots at all... just because they got some stupid meaningless attributes no-one cares about... : /
I didn't said that is useful or anything.
It's just a fact and not a bug... These clothes always have their "ability" which replace a mod slot.
Some are quite useful (for me at least).
My current character, all clothes with damages bonuses against average/high threat enemies.
24-05-2022_15-11-33-e0zcpaaw.jpeg24-05-2022_15-11-57-ybvtblsg.jpeg
For a "netrunner build", QHs damages/upload time/reload time could be useful too :rolleyes:

So for the OP, verifying game files, reinstalling the game or trying to find a way to fix won't change anything :)

LeKill3rFou is correct.

This is due to their change to slot count in 1.5. While I overall agree with their decision (prior system easily abused) I diagree with 'innate' abilities taking up a slot, rendering an article of clothing unable to be customized at all (if it normally has only one slot) or seriously diminished if it had two slots.

I think it would be best if they did not count innate abilities against the slot count/modification count. This may make some items more desirable because they have a little extra 'oomph' but it also means that whole classes of cosmetics aren't available to players who won't wear/use them because it diminishes their build.

Alternatively, give all equipment some inherent/innate ability and then restore the new slot count, so that a helmet with an innate ability still has a slot to customize.

Taking away players ability to choose their cosmetics, as this does to some extent, was a bad design decision.

I am certain it would take little effort to go through the list and add a single innate feature to every article of clothing/equipment. Something with a small bonus that can benefit a build or, at worst, be a small perk on a non-focused build but still allow the player to slot something that they want/need.

Example: My Tech/Stealth/Netrunning focused Corpo Gal who likes Motorcycles doesn't have a motorcycle helmet option unless I want to complete waste a slot.

^ this

several outfit option id like to use became less effective on different chars I have... If I wanna hold the look I have to take attributes/boni the build doesn't need on the cost of mods they miss now...

edit:
@LeKill3rFou - the fixer set is also not a good example... because here you have the choice to take the bonus instead of the slot (able to savescam - my have a slot tho) while some items you don't have the choice because they dont have a slot-version at all anymore. So giving the option to take either the boni or the slot is another thing than being forced to take the boni...

Last edited:
@LeKill3rFou - the fixer set is also not a good example... because here you have the choice to take the bonus instead of the slot (able to savescam - my have a slot tho) while some items you don't have the choice because they dont have a slot-version at all anymore. So giving the option to take either the boni or the slot is another thing than being forced to take the boni...
It's just as example of abilities which remove mod slot.
I know that netrunner glasses, bustiers, bulletproof jacket, cargo pants, netrunner suits, helmets,... have "fixed abilities".
I don't argue that is "good/bad/usefull/useless/...", but it's simply not a bug... ;)
There was another thread about that, with the exact same answers :D

You can verify but all these clothes have (always) an "ability" which take the place of one mod slot.
So whatever the rarity, they always have the same ability in place of a mod slot, only the "bonus" values change.

From memories :
Motorcycle helmets > Mitigation Strength.
Bustiers/Bullet proof vests > Mitigation Chances.
Netrunner Suit > QH Upload time.
Cargo pants > Carrying capacity.
So it's not a "bug", it simply because these abilities were newly added (and mandatory) on these clothes ;)
Thanks for the explanation, seems that I just failed to understand that +15 carrying capacity or -9 reload time (tactical vests) can be a viable trade-off for the potentially +70 armor... Broken concept, the way I see it, because even in the Witcher 3 (where the most of CP2077's inventory and modding system is almost directly copied from) those bonuses were an addition to the moddable armor, so the player could either further enhance the given bonus or add the one(s) of their choice.

Or at the very least they could have given those items a variable chance to spawn either with their unique bonus and no mod slot or without a bonus and with a mod slot so that the player could choose what they need more.

UPDATE: it gets even weirder, seeing how some items have both a mod slot and a unique bonus:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Or at the very least they could have given those items a variable chance to spawn either with their unique bonus and no mod slot or without a bonus and with a mod slot so that the player could choose what they need more.
I agree sometimes it's a shame :(
My V like wearing bustiers. But since 1.5, she don't, because of the "fixed" bonus.
At the same time, 70 armor, it doesn't make a huge difference, in comparaison to the 250+ armor added by a legendary armadillo pre 1.5. I don't remember how it work exactly, but I think that 70 armor value, reduce damages (bullets) by 0.7%, something like that...

...and this tactical vest has somehow spawned with both its unique reload reduction bonus and a free mod slot. Nah, I still think there must be some bugs involved.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 42
UPDATE: it gets even weirder, seeing how some items have both a mod slot and a unique bonus:
Nope again :D
The first screenshot, the "ability" is the one added by the mod which replace the unique mod slot that uncommon clothes have :
"explosion damages reduced by 8%"
The second, it's a legendary clothe which have two mod slots at base, so the ability (+50% electrical resistance) replace one mod slot (so one slot remaining).
...and this tactical vest has somehow spawned with both its unique reload reduction bonus and a free mod slot. Nah, I still think there must be some bugs involved.
This vest also have 2 mod slots in epic, so the ability replace one slot and there is one slot remaining...

So in short :
common, uncommon, rare > one mod slot max.
epic, legendary > one mod slot on shoes, glasses, head and two mod slots for pants and inner/outer torso.

This vest also have 2 mod slots in epic, so the ability replace one slot and there is one slot remaining...

So in short :
common, uncommon, rare > one mod slot max.
epic, legendary > one mod slot on shoes, glasses, head and two mod slots for pants and inner/outer torso.
Ah, OK, makes sense now.

Top Bottom