Night City bug: doesn't stay night enough.

+
Yep, I'm a little surprised about that too. Even though I don't agree that cyberpunk is (only) night style.

1652939914300.png

I feel this too, I got out at 2:30 am and it's too bright. Crowds are properly done as traffic is reduced but it almost feels like morning more than dead of night.

I wonder what metric(s) they used to determine hours of day/night and why. I suspect when you can answer that their timing decisions will make more sense but it could be done with what most users were happiest with in tests or something.

Just my opinion, but it's not really a sunset/sunrise problem which seem quite accurate for late spring/early summer in this latitude. It's all matter of "when" luminosity start to increase before the sunrise. It start to increase around 2:30 AM and is way too high, way too soon. Luminosity should increase around half an hour before the sunrise at max (so around 5:00AM).
I'm pretty confident it should be fixed in a futur update, because the problem became really obvious in 1.5.

Just my opinion, but it's not really a sunset/sunrise problem which seem quite accurate for late spring/early summer in this latitude. It's all matter of "when" luminosity start to increase before the sunrise. It start to increase around 2:30 AM and is way too high, way too soon. Luminosity should increase around half an hour before the sunrise at max (so around 5:00AM).
I'm pretty confident it should be fixed in a futur update, because the problem became really obvious in 1.5.
That and maybe a little luck of oh, I dunno, 1 or 6 gigs or a rainbow V and Judy could see together in Beautiful evening.

The sun starts coming up at 02:30 AM and the sky starts getting lighter.

This must be a bug.

Cyberpunk is mainly a night time style. The fact that nights are so short in NC is weird.
Noticed too the first time I played. But because the game seemed to illustrate full summer, assumed the story took place around the longest day. And since I preferred to play during daytime, payed no heed. Don't think it's a bug though, but could be wrong.

Of all bug fixes how is this not fixed yet
?

21 hour day and a 3 hour night on a Cyberpunk genre game lol. They fix things like a door not jamming or a gun drop etc. but not this?

Talk about misguided development priorities.

For people who care, this mod gives a solution:

Real time 24h mod on Nexus​

It allows the time to pass one minute by actual minute and you can set the time to whenever you want. So in your few hours play it can be actual night time if you prefer.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Of all bug fixes how is this not fixed yet
?
I (re)read the thread and as always, for those who find that (really) annoying, there is a good way to keep CDPR aware of this issue which is way more efficient than posting on the forum... ;)
"Contact Us" button.

Don't quote me on that, as I am not an outgoing/outdoors person, but I believe it should slowly start to light up at around 4 am.... has anything happened in CP77 to make that 1:30 hours early?

Could it be the sunlight is reflecting off of radioactive particles in the high atmosphere?

Could it be the sunlight is reflecting off of radioactive particles in the high atmosphere?
This was my initial thought, but a little bit of research turned up a simple reality of nuclear fallout: it's invisible. It doesn't emit light. So that's not it.

Plus, it's the same in The Witcher Series, though that I excused as being northern enough in latitude that the days might simply be longer...except that this should then happen during summer, not autumn. (Unless the "Northern Realms" are in the southern hemisphere of the planet.)

Thus, I must think this is either an engine goof, or a quirky design decision.

I now excuse it in both games as follows:

Geralt has witcher senses, which increase his eyes' sensitivity to light. Thus, that's how his cat-eyes see the sky at 2:30 am. Whereas V has augmented eyes. It's like he's a bloody witcher or something.

And then my brain can relax and the suspension of disbelief can settle like a warm blankey as I proceed to read a newspaper from across the room at 2:30 am with the lights off. ;)

I totally agree. The timing is all jacked up. It shouldn't start getting light until at least 5am. I find it really breaks the immersion. It's pretty weird to be flying down the road at 3AM and the sun is already rising. IMO I think they just just delay the sun rise / sky brightening by about 3 hours and they'd be on target.

Top Bottom