User Reviews (GOG and Steam)

+
It depend, there are games which players are annoyed by them, but players care enough about these games to let a "bad" rating :)
Examples : AC Valhalla 3.3/5, Fallout 76 2.6/5, Anthem 2.9/5,...
But a "bad rating" doesn't always mean that I wouldn't like a game (bad/good it's subjective...), just an idea, at best.
Hehe its kinda what i dont like with the rating systems on sites. 2.5 should be average but most games are around 3+. Its becomes kinda scewed.

just an idea, at best.

yeah "at best" - its also about personal preferences yet I know every Ubisoft game will be broken and stupid at release but I still played the WatchDogs and Division Series because I simple like the Worlds/Themes. The difference is I know even before a new IP title drops it will be messy no matter what - that's just Ubisoft. I won't expect anything from them and take what I get. Would also never change my opinion about them tho.

Yet for CDPR they are still on edge for me W3 is great (now, haven't been in the beginning as well) and Cyberpunk was just worse than any Ubisoft title I played. Tho I love the IPs setting/world/lore but I hate everything else the promo, the launch, the communication, the bugs they can't fix, whole additute around it - they simply failed hard, after being so hyped by themselves. - but there is a reason why my clock is ticking 2k hrs onwards. on the other hand im realistic enough that they have a serious problem with the game and how they handle it since launch. - there is no need to praise everything they do now - and im a bit sad that you do. because everything what happened until now was the bare minimum people expect - if at all.

apart of the setting CP77 is absolute nothing special in any way - not in mechanics, not in storytelling, not in innovation - everything their promo stood for. If you take a look at Remember me a game with an equal setting than CP77 it becomes competition pretty fast - difference is RM was released 10 years ago...

CP2 and W4 will either save or break them completely - fingers crossed for the better.

Nope, on the Xbox store which I look directly on my Serie X (which I believe doesn't make difference between XB1 and Series). I see mine posted in December 2020 on XB1x... :)
Players can let a rating (0 to 5 stars) and/or a review. Mostly, players just rate games and don't let a review (Rating only available for those who bought the game, not just an account).
So even on one of the worst platform to play Cyberpunk, players (who rated the game) mostly appreciate it.

4.2/5 like I say, mostly the same rating as other games (an way higher than plenty of other ones^^)
I've checked the Xbox rating and from what I see the score is displayed per user country, e.g. 4/5 based on 978 reviews in France, while 3.7/5 based on 11,900 reviews in US. So yeah, it can be higher in some regions, but that doesn't really represent the overall user score for the platform.

Hehe its kinda what i dont like with the rating systems on sites. 2.5 should be average but most games are around 3+. Its becomes kinda scewed.

The average on a 1 to 5 scale is 3.0 and not 2.5, because you can't hand out 0/5 points/stars/whatever.

The average on a 1 to 5 scale is 3.0 and not 2.5, because you can't hand out 0/5 points/stars/whatever.
You might be right there, they should add half stars tho imo. But it seems on the 10 scale average is 7 so it seems allways scewed towards the top end for some odd reason.

I'm stalking Cyberpunk 2077 on SteamDB and I have noticed the overall score rising over the last couple of weeks up to 74.46%, while it also remains fairly consistent on GOG with 3.7/5 (74%). However, it could also be argued that it is on the rise on GOG as well, given that only recent ratings considered it sits at 3.9/5 (78%).

What I've also noticed on GOG is that positive reviews seem to get downvoted much more than positive ones, so it appears there are still various folks out there watching the reviews and almost "hating" the game.

Hence, I'm wondering if Cyberpunk 2077 is not held down much more by people who hate the game and if more people who enjoyed the game did not even bother to rate it. Especially considering there are many 0/5 reviews on GOG which seems a just wrong for me. Granted, the game had its issue but it is neither a 0/5 game from an objective standpoint. Subjectively ones experience might be different but personally I never bothered spending much time with a game I did not enjoy and this includes writing 0/5 reviews.

In any case, I found this interesting and I thought I might share it here. Maybe I can also motivate someone to rate Cyberpunk 2077 on their preferred platform.
i play on a fairly high end computer and i havnet had many issues. Goofy bugs every now and then but when people were saying it was "unplaybe" i think was a bit bratty. GTA and Skryim were buggy as crap when they came out too

i play on a fairly high end computer and i havnet had many issues. Goofy bugs every now and then but when people were saying it was "unplaybe" i think was a bit bratty. GTA and Skryim were buggy as crap when they came out too
Pc edition was probably the most stable. I also remember them having too fix AMD cpu SMT (that they did something weird too after). For me it was fairly stable, i ran into more quest bugs and odd behaviour after patches then at release/day one patch.

On the older non pro consoles it looks like it was pretty hard tho.

I am a software developer and believe me, if such a simple feature is desired by many since day one (and I have seen a lot of questions about it after every patch releae) you do not sit on this change for that long. This is exactly why we won't see an increase in user ratings for CP77, especially on PC - too little, too late and clearly ignoring such simple request from fans.
This depends on the company and prioritisation. As you might have guessed I am (or better was) a software developer as well and I have seen easy fixes being dragged along for quite a while. Also, your view on this feature being highly requested might also be very subjective and I have heard complaints about the minimap much more than a walking feature. Undoubtedly, CDPR have their own sources as well and they probably addressed issues as they saw fit.

What you call an improvement is merely a fix. Just because they botched the minimap on release doesn't mean that by fixing it they made it better than what it could be - they just made it what it should be since the beggining.
I understand what you mean but this can be said about anything, for example the police system.

It's a known custom on Steam that the red thumbs are a lot more interesting to read than blues. Am guilty of doing that myself when looking for info about a certain game. That's probably because people would want a second opinion from more moderate minded players before deciding to buy that game.
The reviews and a facade set by media, youtubers, etc...are just to generate clicks and profit from a false hype.
Sadly this is pretty much allways the case. I do some steam reviews when i find a great game and want my friends too see my review. Others are welcome too use my review too ofc but its mainly aimed at friends. Bad reviews i kinda do to otoo warn people. Middle games i really dont care enough too do any.
friends are a good source too - you know them, they know you - often the likings of each other are also known. way better than taking any random scores/reviews or whatever as a serious manner.
Personally, I do prefer proper reviews by game journalists and youtubers over user reviews because I sort of know what I'm getting into since I know the person who is reviewing it. Naturally, I take everything with a grain of salt and adjust to my preferences. Also, I do not read reviews for games of companies I trust like CDPR (and formerly BioWare) to avoid any kind of spoilers. The reasoning behind this is that even if everyone would rate a CDPR at 0, I would still have to see it for myself.

Yet for CDPR they are still on edge for me W3 is great (now, haven't been in the beginning as well) and Cyberpunk was just worse than any Ubisoft title I played. Tho I love the IPs setting/world/lore but I hate everything else the promo, the launch, the communication, the bugs they can't fix, whole additute around it - they simply failed hard, after being so hyped by themselves. - but there is a reason why my clock is ticking 2k hrs onwards. on the other hand im realistic enough that they have a serious problem with the game and how they handle it since launch. - there is no need to praise everything they do now - and im a bit sad that you do. because everything what happened until now was the bare minimum people expect - if at all.
I think you should try to separate the game itself from the launch and CDPR's communication and in my opinion at least, comparing any Ubisoft game to Cyberpunk does not do the game justice. Naturally, this might be subjective but I get easily bored with every Ubisoft game. For example, WatchDogs: Legion was boring me to death after 5h and thus far I managed to play 10h AC:V. Every one in a while I might get interested in picking the game up and then I play it for 2h and might really enjoy it for 1.5h. So, in the end I might accumulate 10h for Legion and 30h for AC:V (not sure though). For Cyberpunk 2077, I'm 380h in and have enjoyed every sine minute of it. I do know it has problems, thats for sure and I also know that many of these problems will never be fixed but I don't care much about any of those. (In my opinion, they are also present in Witcher 3.)

I think what is really pulling me into the game is the world and the love you see that has been put into it as well as the atmosphere, the characters and the story. While Ubisoft games have a detail rich world, they usually totally lack in the last points listed.
apart of the setting CP77 is absolute nothing special in any way - not in mechanics, not in storytelling, not in innovation - everything their promo stood for. If you take a look at Remember me a game with an equal setting than CP77 it becomes competition pretty fast - difference is RM was released 10 years ago...
As you might have guessed when reading the paragraph above I completely disagree. The game is special regarding characters, atmosphere and story, but it is not innovative. However, as far as I can tell they never claimed to be. While I did enjoy RM I would say Cyberpunk 2077 is vastly superior but I would also not go as far as directly comparing those two games because they are too different.

You might be right there, they should add half stars tho imo. But it seems on the 10 scale average is 7 so it seems allways scewed towards the top end for some odd reason.
I think the reason for not adding half stars or not having 50% available is to force people to make up their minds whether or not it is good or bad.

I remember one issue regarding savegames (which was also present in Witcher 3 to a certain degree) that they fixed which stopped my from playing the game just to be on the safe side. Then I also waited for 1.2 just to have various small issues fixed that would ruin the atmosphere and from then on I just enjoyed the game.

Honestly though, I have seen much buggier games with a better user reception than Cyberpunk 2077. One problem might be that it was buggier on consoles while games are usually buggy on PC. If it was the other way around, the general perception would be more favourable I assume given that PC players complain about anything.

Likewise, gamers nowadays expect games to run on toasters no matter what it looks like and if their FPS does not hit a certain target in their head the claim the game is not optimised. One example of this is the developers of Dying Light 1 reducing the effect of the draw distance slider because people were annoyed by not having constant 60 FPS when putting it to the right. So, they went ahead and greatly reduced it and now everyone is able to put this slider to the right and is happy. Personally, I prefer setting intended for future hardware but history is a clear warning against such things.

Pc edition was probably the most stable. I also remember them having too fix AMD cpu SMT (that they did something weird too after). For me it was fairly stable, i ran into more quest bugs and odd behaviour after patches then at release/day one patch.
That's on AMD, not CDPR. They worked together and AMD recommended not using SMT, but CDPR opted to use it on low-mid range CPUs after re-consulting with AMD again. I think the performance figures are slightly improved for those CPUs, but I does not affect high-end.

I understand what you mean but this can be said about anything, for example the police system.
Not really. This can be said about things that are straight up broken and/or unfinished (and let's be honest, police system is both of those things). If you'd go to restaurant and be given an undercooked pasta, but the next time it would be done correctly then yeah, it does sort of "improved", but the fact is that the first meal was simply bad and the second was made as it should have been, so calling it an improvement is a stretch. But, if you'd go to restaurant and had a great meal and next time it would be even better (more flavour, better served, maybe bigger portion) - that's an improvement.

That's on AMD, not CDPR. They worked together and AMD recommended not using SMT, but CDPR opted to use it on low-mid range CPUs after re-consulting with AMD again. I think the performance figures are slightly improved for those CPUs, but I does not affect high-end.
Yea it might be on AMD but theres something odd about both the fix and now. CET has the AMD SMT fix in it and without that i get lower cpu usage. No fps drops tho. With the fix my cpu gets more usage and uses more threads, no fps increase tho. Im at 4k so im gpu bound no matter what. Wonder where that extra cpu cycles goes -.- i was thinking it goes too running something in the back, physics or something because it seems a bit more stable and responsive.

Not really. This can be said about things that are straight up broken and/or unfinished (and let's be honest, police system is both of those things). If you'd go to restaurant and be given an undercooked pasta, but the next time it would be done correctly then yeah, it does sort of "improved", but the fact is that the first meal was simply bad and the second was made as it should have been, so calling it an improvement is a stretch. But, if you'd go to restaurant and had a great meal and next time it would be even better (more flavour, better served, maybe bigger portion) - that's an improvement.
Ok, I thought things like an improved police system (not that I would care for that) would be an improvement in your regard.

"The next generation of open world gaming" - hmm yeah... they clearly never claimed it...
While I can't particularly remember that phrase that's clearly marketingspeak every publisher/developer says about their game. In essence, they have not lied because it was their next generation of open world gaming, but that's always the case with marketingspeak. Anyway, I tend to ignore statements such as this and give more credence to more detailed explanations usually given by the developers. Likewise, I would recommend caution in future regarding any similar statements made by any publisher/developer that were clearly written by marketing folks.

While in longer interviews the developers are also not always frank and to the point, the focus of the project as well areas that are of no particular interest can be discerned. For instance, when asked about the police system the answer was usually something like: "Yes, we have a police system. But aside from that <proceeds to talk about characters and story>". Likewise, it was also clearly stated that in contrast to games like Skyrim Cyberpunk 2077's NPC would not have NPCs with a day/night cycle but rather a crowd of people like it was done in Witcher 3.

While I can't particularly remember that phrase that's clearly marketingspeak every publisher/developer says about their game. In essence, they have not lied because it was their next generation of open world gaming, but that's always the case with marketingspeak. Anyway, I tend to ignore statements such as this and give more credence to more detailed explanations usually given by the developers. Likewise, I would recommend caution in future regarding any similar statements made by any publisher/developer that were clearly written by marketing folks.

While in longer interviews the developers are also not always frank and to the point, the focus of the project as well areas that are of no particular interest can be discerned. For instance, when asked about the police system the answer was usually something like: "Yes, we have a police system. But aside from that <proceeds to talk about characters and story>". Likewise, it was also clearly stated that in contrast to games like Skyrim Cyberpunk 2077's NPC would not have NPCs with a day/night cycle but rather a crowd of people like it was done in Witcher 3.
I do remember that part, also the part about npc routines in 2018s video. But i kinda blame myself for falling for it. Lesson learned tho, will not be buying anything without a proper investigation again. No more preorders! Heck i did not even preorder Pathfinder Wotr even if i knew i would love it. Next generation of open world gaming, hehe cant believe i fell for it.

The longer stuff is even more fun too look at with hindsight... Its like a lesson in missdirection at times. At the time i though they just was trying too avoid spoilers but.. Hindsight is 20/20 is what they say right?!

Anyways ive whined enough, time too see if i can play some..

Can you find a source for that? Because I seem to clearly remember them always saying that NPCs were never planned to have routines.

4:35

there are some more interesting stuff in there as well - which never happened tho ^^

13:10-13-15

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

4:35

there are some more interesting stuff in there as well - which never happened tho ^^

also here:

Incorrect. Nobody from CDPR said this, just some redditor. Who got most of other things wrong, too:

FALSE:

"While there are some areas in the Witcher 3 where villagers don’t have a daily routine, they are planning to improve this with giving more than a thousand NPCs a handmade routine."

CORRECTION:

Most people have Automated Routines from a pool which can divert into branching options. Its mostly randomized but remains believable.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/corrected-german-podcast-translation.11032286/

Can you find a source for that? Because I seem to clearly remember them always saying that NPCs were never planned to have routines.

In my opinion, preorders are more of a political instrument than anything else and should be treated as such.
Seems @Netrunner2go beat me too it. Seems to be a bad translation tho, dunno i cant speak german so.
they also mention it in the 2018 video but not routines but crowds. looking at those crowds im guessing its not running in game but is rendered.

Preorders political? Now im not quite following you :) 8 million pre orders are a pretty big payday before the game is even released tho..
Kinda dont think it was rushed too release due to finances anymore, they already made the investment back on pre orders alone. Partly was the last delay (not popular at all) and im guessing they really wanted too hit the end of the year shoppers. Delaying again would probably piss people off even more too... even if it was needed. kinda wish they would have just shown it (could be done without spoilers.). Think most people would have understood then ^^ Or meby not :D

Anyways got too play some, feels a little jekyl and hyde for me tbh. Sometimes im just staring at the pretty lighting/textures/models. And sometimes im like wtf is this? ^^ Wanted too go with something ive not played as before so going 20 cool this time with sword/knife as main weapon. Very painful at lower levels on very hard i noticed :D dying constantly cuz my knife cant 1 shot stuff even in stealth. Just gonna have to grind it out ^^ Probably gonna have too spend some in pistols too have something ranged too.

Seems @Netrunner2go beat me too it. Seems to be a bad translation tho, dunno i cant speak german so.
they also mention it in the 2018 video but not routines but crowds. looking at those crowds im guessing its not running in game but is rendered.
Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-02 um 01.48.23.png

just downloaded the podcast - dw I gonna check what they actually really said about npc routines here ^^ since its 1:43 I will do it tomorrow (its 2am over here atm) - but I can already tell by skipping through... the podcast is like the E3 Demo.... they talk a lot in overpromising ways like lifepathes will HEAVILY have impact on your playthrough, you gonna have MANY quests and interactions with your COMPANIENS like jacky and that they want to create a SUPER SMART AI to be most flexible in quest and open world design.... haven't found the NPC part yet tho... looking for it tomorrow ^^

and yeah in the demo itself they talk about the smart crowd and their day & night cycles - I already marked it in my last post but It was "overseen" by ooodrin ; ) - and I still think there was a demo/trailer showing the NCPD Netrunner infront of mysts shop where they clearly talked about npc routines... but haven't found it yet... : / (I clearly remember the scene tho)

Post automatically merged:

Anyways got too play some, feels a little jekyl and hyde for me tbh. Sometimes im just staring at the pretty lighting/textures/models. And sometimes im like wtf is this? ^^ Wanted too go with something ive not played as before so going 20 cool this time with sword/knife as main weapon. Very painful at lower levels on very hard i noticed :D dying constantly cuz my knife cant 1 shot stuff even in stealth. Just gonna have to grind it out ^^ Probably gonna have too spend some in pistols too have something ranged too.

also thinking about a new char... smt out of the box... maybe a poison build with sting, widowmaker and chem-monowire focusing poison perks from high cool attribute as well... tho I haven't played with throwing knifes before dont know if I would like it : /

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

and yeah in the demo itself they talk about the smart crowd and their day & night cycles - I already marked it in my last post but It was "overseen" by ooodrin ; )
Borys made no mention of thousands of NPC routines, only day/night cycle. I didn't comment on it because it's still technically true, as some groups of NPCs are spawning only during the day, others during the night, it's pretty basic, but it's there.
What I can tell you for sure is that super-advanced NPC AI was not something most people had high hopes for after watching 2018 demo. The only thing random NPCs were doing there is walking around and talking over the phone. It was only after seeing articles based on this fake report that people's expectations skyrocketed.

Top Bottom