CDPR vindicated those who doubted their promise

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
An example of this in terms of fidelity - Fromsoft games, most of which I adore, appear as a previous gen title at release in terms of visuals. No exception. This isn't simply 'da engine is bad', the programmers simply lack the time or skill to make wowy graffix work efficiently.
This. I still remember launching DS 1 and being horrified by graphics. Everything, from textures, to draw distance was either mediocre or terrible. The game came out the same year as Witcher 2, Skyrim and Crysis motherducking 2 - and yet, at some places, it looked worse than Gothic 3 from 2006.

Last edited:
I'm even more disappointed with how they handled this post release. I'm 100% sure how CDPR handles Cyberpunk will determine course of the company.
My own prediction:
- We'll get two major patches between now and expansion release. Not as big as 1.5 and with no real substantial changes, except adding transmog and some small AI improvements. Small cosmetic improvements without any major overhauls that the game really needed.
- Cyberpunk will receive it's first and only expansion near the end of 2023. It will be decent and in much more polished state, but it will not really impress players or redeem CDPR's name in public.
- Witcher IV will, like every CDPR project, have massive development issues, plagued by losing key developers and management rebooting the project several times
- It will also be a major disappointment, caused by nostalgia effect, Hollywood syndrome ( bland, directionless and unnecessary sequel done exclusively for sake of making more money), loss of talent that made their previous games ( especially Tomaskiewicz brothers), and simply intolerably bad and outdated rpg and gameplay systems ( compared to other studios).
- Financially it will also be a failure, with drastically lower preorders and day 1 sales next to Cyberpunk
- After this, CDPR will slowly die out, shut down everything except their main studio, and eventually will sold their IPs and company ( likely to Microsoft)

Saw a Vid today which shows a new Jingugi (dunno if spelled right too lazy to look it up xD) store which maybe will be released soon as kind of a DLC. It’s already ingame but locked for the moment - maybe they really work on new gear sets... would be nice to get some new stuff which looks cool (like some npc stuff from the parade) without modding... hope dies last tho ^^

Saw a Vid today which shows a new Jingugi (dunno if spelled right too lazy to look it up xD) store which maybe will be released soon as kind of a DLC. It’s already ingame but locked for the moment - maybe they really work on new gear sets... would be nice to get some new stuff which looks cool (like some npc stuff from the parade) without modding... hope dies last tho ^^
You mean Jinguji? New clothes?

You mean Jinguji? New clothes?
Yeah ^^ - the store like I said is locked but you can enter via a mod menu. What makes it interesting that now after 1.5 there seem npcs in there which haven’t been around before... so most likely they are setting up the store to be released „soonish“.

I think we'll see a spacebound Crystal Palace type expansion after the next one and that will be it which will take us into cp2077 part deux. (along with dribs and drabs of free dlc on the way)
Oh I bloody hope so! My Vs need to steal the stuff, then come back down to Earth and spend time with their Rockerboi before demanding the help that that weirdo with the Blue Eyes said he would give them!

One expansion set in a place like Pacifica with a lot of empty space

No Johnny silverhand due to not wanting to pay Keanu more money

Between 5-10 new mission with a new added LI

Hope i am wrong but its how i see it going

If we get a new LI i hope she is bi sexual so both male and female V can romance her

One expansion set in a place like Pacifica with a lot of empty space

No Johnny silverhand due to not wanting to pay Keanu more money

Between 5-10 new mission with a new added LI

Hope i am wrong but its how i see it going

If we get a new LI i hope she is bi sexual so both male and female V can romance her
Why do you assume that Songbird gonna be a LI?

Why do you assume that Songbird gonna be a LI?
Could be the other person that involved (if you know you know ^^)

Anyways been playing quite a bit this weekend and today. Up too level 32 on my Arasaka ninja typish character. hade too get a gun ofc since knifes/swords are a pain at lower levels but starting too become imortal now. Found some changes that were less then fun but i guess for balance. Sandvistan cant be permanent anymore(cooldown triggers after effect) Did not get techie basball cap (doesnt matter really was just a bit suprised.) The gigs grind is pretty awfull but its getting fast fast now so. Soon time for pain editor (just hit 15 reflex for quaint sandvistian) Oh got scorpions knife too so gonna try it out later ^^ need the poison talents tho -.-

Also so glad i got mods <3 faster cars and better looking V is a godsend when driving :D also its really nice too drift with the mod i got.

Sandevista is still pretty op with just 3 secs of cooldown - feels even more godlike than a 20 int 20 cool netrunner to me. All the Beat the brat battles f.e are a piece of cake, clearable without getting a single hit :0

Sandevista is still pretty op with just 3 secs of cooldown - feels even more godlike than a 20 int 20 cool netrunner to me. All the Beat the brat battles f.e are a piece of cake, clearable without getting a single hit :0
Yea i noticed. x4 -cooldown is good enough. Been awhile since i played without hacks tho so kinda annoying without the basics i guess. Theres mods for that tho.... HMMM ^^

Well, I don't know about that one, judging by steam stats around 25% of people finished the game, almost 30% if you take gog and PS. On the surface, it's not that many, however, I found similar pattern among games as well. DMC V, for example, has around 26% completion on steam and 18% on ps, if I read statistics correctly - and in case of RE 2, only about 30% have reached true ending. And these are much shorter, linear games, which, in theory, should be beaten by more players.
I believe it. And it does make me wonder about somethings.
What makes it why people dont complete abgame they purchased. And then I'm not talking about the I continued a year or so later and then completed it (eventually) I'm talking about those that never do. Is the attention span this low? Or are there different things?
Its like watching the Marvel Avengers movie and then walking out when the Chitauri are about to invade. And never bother to pick it up from there ever again.
The only exception I can think off is that the game is not appealing to you, but you usually know this within the first few hours.

Given that those high numbers are across the board for majority of 'media', how could we ever blame a studio? Its WE who leave halfway through.

Seeing as how the various companies which produce all these things aren't known for their altruism, can we really be surprised if they treat like we treat what they make?

Not that I'm trying to say what companies like EA, Ubi, CDPR and so on did/do is good, but we surely should take a good collective look inside as well, because we do shape the seed of what we'll reap in the end, even is only remotely.

What makes it why people dont complete abgame they purchased. And then I'm not talking about the I continued a year or so later and then completed it (eventually) I'm talking about those that never do. Is the attention span this low? Or are there different things?
Its like watching the Marvel Avengers movie and then walking out when the Chitauri are about to invade. And never bother to pick it up from there ever again.
The only exception I can think off is that the game is not appealing to you, but you usually know this within the first few hours.

Given that those high numbers are across the board for majority of 'media', how could we ever blame a studio? Its WE who leave halfway through.

Seeing as how the various companies which produce all these things aren't known for their altruism, can we really be surprised if they treat like we treat what they make?

Not that I'm trying to say what companies like EA, Ubi, CDPR and so on did/do is good, but we surely should take a good collective look inside as well, because we do shape the seed of what we'll reap in the end, even is only remotely.
I really like HZD, I have played it through only once and never completed it because....

1. Game play is linear and railroaded
2. I get bored just doing the same thing all the time (select arrow, aim for yellow, shoot arrow)
3. coupled with points one and two, I have other things I would rather play and find more fun

Last edited:

The simple answer in my case is that the gameplay loop is too shallow in basically any game out there to carry it for 50+ hours.
So I'll only finish it if the story is exceptionally well written (like CP2077, RDR2 or TLOU2) to keep me hooked and look over/beyond the repetitive gameplay.

Last edited:
I really like HZD, I have played it through only once and never completed it because....

1. Game play is linear and railroaded
2. I get bored just doing the same thing all the time (select arrow, aim for yellow, shoot arrow)
3. coupled with points one and two, I have other things I would rather play and find more fun
The simply answer in my case is that the gameplay loop is too shallow in basically any game out there to carry it for 50+ hours.
So I'll only finish it if the story is exceptionally well written (like CP2077, RDR2 or TLOU2) to keep me hooked and look over/beyond the repetitive gameplay.
Understandable.
I have to admit I considered that option too little in its explicicity.
Still I find it an interesting notion: the desire to learn how a story ends, is completed; versus the time one spends grinding through, or replaying similar segments that dont add to the narrative.

What makes it why people dont complete a game they purchased. And then I'm not talking about the I continued a year or so later and then completed it (eventually) I'm talking about those that never do. Is the attention span this low? Or are there different things?
Truth is, there is no singular reason. I enjoyed playing Doom 2016, a game that was praised for it's gameplay and design by multiple outlets and multiple people in general. This game takes around 12 hours to beat and has only 34% completion, according to Steam. Because despite all the praise it got, it's still a braindead corridor shooter - some people would love it for it, some people would hate it or be bored by it. Whether or not the game succeeds at being a shooter, whether or not it excels in genre will not have any effect on the boundaries of the concept itself. No matter how hard you try, you won't make a project with a concept like this go beyond it's limits.
You can have the most compelling story in the world, the "deepest gameplay" - for which I've yet to see a convincing definition - or whatever else you may or may not find interesting, there will be people who will not be impressed. Hell, there will be people who will outright hate what you do - sometimes, for the same reasons they liked something else.
It doesn't mean that everyone should just give up and stop trying, quite the contrary. It's just that every action should be taken with a notion, that no matter how hard you try, there will be a lot of people who would simply not bother. If even Beethoven has dislikes on youtube, than it is a pretty clear indication that you can't please everybody.

Last edited:
Theres also time invested and so on too consider, some of my friends(im older so yea) can probably play 2-3 h a week. beating a 100h game for them is a huge undertaking and its hard for the game too keep interest high enough. Sooner or later another game will take over, Just as hype is probably counter productive too this.

I bet alot of people bought Cp2077 or Elden ring for example without really knowing what it was about or what they were getting into. Still the studios make money if you finish the game or not as long as you buy it. Every game is according too marketing "revolutionary" and so on. Pretty miss guided tbh since most AAA games goes the very safe route of copying the same format and never trying anything new.

Theres also time invested and so on too consider, some of my friends(im older so yea) can probably play 2-3 h a week. beating a 100h game for them is a huge undertaking and its hard for the game too keep interest high enough. Sooner or later another game will take over, Just as hype is probably counter productive too this.

I bet alot of people bought Cp2077 or Elden ring for example without really knowing what it was about or what they were getting into. Still the studios make money if you finish the game or not as long as you buy it. Every game is according too marketing "revolutionary" and so on. Pretty miss guided tbh since most AAA games goes the very safe route of copying the same format and never trying anything new.
But that’s sadly how every industry works... trying something new always comes with risks - if you fail blame is on you, investment lost is your problem, like image dmg as well but if you succeed - everybody copys you right away. It’s the easier way to let others take the risks and just jump on if the success is given. So you really should just talk about innovations and next generation if you take the risk but not if you stick to the safe route in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom