Cyberpunk: Edgerunners — coming to Netflix this September!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

Here’s your first look at Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, a 10-episode anime story set in the world of Cyberpunk 2077, created by CD PROJEKT RED in cooperation with Studio Trigger. It premieres on Netflix in September 2022.

The series tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in Night City — a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he stays alive by becoming an edgerunner — a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.

During Netflix’s Geeked Week we showed an Inside Look into the series — a short documentary where our staff commented on the show’s development, showcased stills and concept art, as well as an exclusive clip and scene breakdown from the anime. Future behind-the-scenes videos will cover other aspects of the show, with extra insight from members of Studio Trigger.

For more information about the anime visit its official website or follow Cyberpunk: Edgerunners on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

Looks really cool! Please keep working on the game though, i really wanna see at least one significant expansion and multiplayer.

I will definitely watch the series, it has very good quality and it will allow us to see new stories in Night City. Cyberpunk 2077 is much more than a game for me, I hope they stay strong and soon give us great surprises, RED ENGINE with its limitations and the expertise of the developers has given a great game (despite the difficulties and problems) and it will have and maintain great respect from the gaming community if the next news occurs and I'm sure it will:

-Expansion of the features and possibilities that we have in the game, because they will make us have a better and more immersive gaming experience.
- New stories that make us return to the game.
- The news that the tools are ready for modders to expand Cyberpunk 2077 and keep this game alive for more than 10 years. This will be the big news of the year, when CDPR announces it. The modders do amazing work and can bring a lot of good stuff to Night City.
- Finally publish the missing DLC's.
- A high-quality expansion for 2023 and if the success of sales and the gaming community asks for it, develop a second great expansion for 2024. Both expansions also allow the addition of cut content or missing functions in the current version of Cyberpunk 2077.

It doesn't make sense to develop from scratch with a new engine a new Cyberpunk game that would be out by 2026 when Cyberpunk 2077 has the potential to generate huge revenue today if you keep up the good work.

Abandoning Cyberpunk 2077 as some people recommend would mean CDPR wouldn't have any new games for sale for 4-5 years and a big company can't afford it.

The great Cyberpunk 2077 community is still waiting and will respond with applause and respect if the next works are good, even if there is not so much communication on the forums anymore, because everything has already been said and repeated and we are waiting for Adam Kiciński and Marcin Iwiński in a interview after the storm where they calmly talk to us about their new development work and new projects.

Greetings Chooms!!!

I like the fact that the anime Night City looks super close to the city in the game. I can see how it could attract more players, both new and those who played it already. The Witcher TV series seems to be doing a pretty good job at attracting new people to the books and games.

Few interesting details I've not seen anyone talking about yet:

If you pause around 0:47 in the teaser trailer you can see a brief glimpse of some sort of creature
1655015552739.png

So does this remind you of anyone? Look at those eyes.
1655015619330.png

It could of course be someone else with similar eyes, but seems like at least a strong possibility we saw animated version of Adam Smasher...
which probably leads to think that the events in Cyberpunk Edgerunners happen before Cyberpunk 2077... because... we all know what happens in the ending. (He gets killed)

Also other character we only see a blink in the same flashy ending
1655015678671.png

Not sure who this guy is but based on his outfit he's likely some big guy.
Clearly doesn't look like Mr Blue Eyes but might be related to the same shadowy organization.

Could be just some Arasaka agent given the possibility we saw Smasher earlier. He looks Asian a little bit.
Then again he could be related to the implant development, meaning that he's working in some other high tech company developing them. Maybe it's a prototype that'll give the edge for the protagonist to survive the harsh world and make a name for himself.

I guess since he's dead and gone down "guns blazing", in the Afterlife there's a drink named after him afterall, maybe there's a master switch where this guy is able to turn the thing down when he's around, thus making protagonist weakling and easily to be taken down and prototype extracted from him.

I think first episode will give quite good implication on what path the story takes. If it's just given to him by "accident", then it's something that is just for him to be used as puppet and then gotten rid of, if it's stolen, this agent likely wants it back and has perhaps even more advanced tech or at least is master of using his version 0.9 of same cybernetic.... if this was just random theft and the protagonist isn't identified, or this was random purchase and no other high significance, the protagonist is likely to steal something else highly valuable that'll trigger whole city to turn on him.

I think the story will mimic a little bit of Cyberpunk2077 where instead of every side character getting shot in first episode, our protagonist (David) will befriend Lucy as mostly everyone gets hunted down. Perhaps the hacking scene is part of the mission that'll trigger this escalation.

Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be quite entertaining show.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh... and its anime style... corporate god Johnny Silverhand save us all from this series.

I've always been an anime fan of many stuff going as far back as Initial D and Lupin the Third going all the way forward to newer anime like Boruto and Dr. Stone. Theres good stuff, but with that aside theres a lot of cringe and overused character tropes and don't even get me started on generic protagonists... but I digress... The point is... This looks like a red flag. I seen what anime did to Thor, smh.

But jokes aside. Maybe it's good! I'm not gonna judge this. I probably won't watch this. At the very least, if any of y'all watch this. Hope y'all enjoy it. I probably won't. May give it a chance if the reviews are outstanding. Or just poke fun of the show/fandom. In a friendly manner of course.

I really liked the behind-the-scenes view from the developers and those involved in the art of cyberpunk seeing how it is interpreted in the anime; that is the type of stuff that I love learning about and that really illuminates the design decisions of Cyberpunk. Looks like an awesome project that a lot of people care about getting right, and I look forward to seeing the show!

Promising video but the music really did not go well with the video. So i changed to a one more suitable for my ears, sounds more like cyberpunk now.

Last edited:
Excited to watch this :)
Big shout out to Mike Pondsmith, the creator of this universe and a genius.
I believe his name should always come up as the core mind behind the creation of the IP when there's an adaptation of it into a new media.
Post automatically merged:

Promising video but the music really did not go well with the video. So i changed to a one more suitable for my ears, sounds more like cyberpunk now.
Nice. Yeah the music was the only off thing for me too.

I'll await. Not realy into animations, 'till I saw 'Arcane'. I liked 'Ghost in the Shell' and 'akira', but I couldn't watch it today. Been there, done that sort of issue. Netflix is full of that Anima-stuff, but... nah. Not for me. On the other hand: I did like 'Dorohedoro': Very 'Freakish', and ofcourse: 'Spirited Away'.

Could never get behind anime in general, something about the art style that I just can't stand. Now, Arcane, that's an art style I can get behind, I mean I don't even play LoL or knew anything about the lore, but I couldn't unglue myself from the screen it was so good.

I'll watch it, hopefully its good and bug free ;d

Would be amazing if advertising for the release of the show were in-game around japan town as your walking or cosmetics in a clothing store.

Here’s your first look at Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, a 10-episode anime story set in the world of Cyberpunk 2077, created by CD PROJEKT RED in cooperation with Studio Trigger. It premieres on Netflix in September 2022.

The series tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in Night City — a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he stays alive by becoming an edgerunner — a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.

During Netflix’s Geeked Week we showed an Inside Look into the series — a short documentary where our staff commented on the show’s development, showcased stills and concept art, as well as an exclusive clip and scene breakdown from the anime. Future behind-the-scenes videos will cover other aspects of the show, with extra insight from members of Studio Trigger.

For more information about the anime visit its official website or follow Cyberpunk: Edgerunners on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Cant wait till they show the Mysterious FFO6B5 statue and the whole community blows up.

Top Bottom