Looking at the Endings... Spoilers

+
As you can see the chip does not do anything with DNA, it is all Bio chemistry only. In making this post I came across some work to cure Parkinson's and I can promise you there is no DNA rewriting.
When writing your post, have you managed to came across something about :
- Creating/copying and storing an human mind/consciousness on a chip ?
- Someone able to "evading" himself on the net and let his "dead" body behind, like Alt ?
- To be able to "replace" 97% of his body by implants ?
I don't think so... :)

When writing your post, have you managed to came across something about :
- Creating/copying and storing an human mind/consciousness on a chip ?
- Someone able to "evading" himself on the net and let his "dead" body behind, like Alt ?
- To be able to "replace" 97% of his body by implants ?
I don't think so... :)
<Sigh>.. this is not even an argument, clearly I was to using examples in real life to explain Cyberpunk world, no the other way around.

The DNA being rewriten is clearly a story crutch. it doesn't really have any point but to say now V has a horrible brain cancer.
While i clearly have no idea how you would put a new personality in to an existing human brain, I highly doubt DNA will have anything to do with it, since it doesn't goven or store anything to do with the personality or memory.
It doesn't even goven brain formation very closely, it just doesn't have the capacity to do so (40k genes vs. aproximatly 85 billion neurons, never mind acillary cells)

The DNA being rewriten is clearly a story crutch. it doesn't really have any point but to say now V has a horrible brain cancer.
While i clearly have no idea how you would put a new personality in to an existing human brain, I highly doubt DNA will have anything to do with it, since it doesn't goven or store anything to do with the personality or memory.
It doesn't even goven brain formation very closely, it just doesn't have the capacity to do so (40k genes vs. aproximatly 85 billion neurons, never mind acillary cells)
True but we kinda know that neuro pathways and so on kinda determen who you are(there are alot of factors tho). They are changeble and you are rarely the same person you were @ 15 as in your 30is. That could possibly be changed with nanomachines. Its really kinda interesting too think about what makes you, you when you come down too it.

True but we kinda know that neuro pathways and so on kinda determen who you are(there are alot of factors tho). They are changeble and you are rarely the same person you were @ 15 as in your 30is. That could possibly be changed with nanomachines. Its really kinda interesting too think about what makes you, you when you come down too it.
It is, but i think it will also always be very slow, massive sudden changes usually get classed as brain damage. which is apt for what is happening to V.

It is, but i think it will also always be very slow, massive sudden changes usually get classed as brain damage. which is apt for what is happening to V.
Yes, but brain damage CAN change who you are too. It has been known too happend. Sadly we kinda know very little about these kinda subjects. Its all a bit abstract for me, im more of a hard science person i guess ^^

Rewiring Synaptic Pathways
(best example, The Peralez)
Anyway the idea is that unlike in Altered Carbon (serie), in Cyberpunk, the body is not just a receptacle and must correspond at some point to the consciousness/soul which is "placed" inside. So at some point, V's body is no longer V's one but Johnny's one. If V soul/consciouness stay in this body, the body will slowly die.

Last edited:
Rewiring Synaptic Pathways
(best example, The Peralez)
Anyway the idea is that unlike in Altered Carbon (serie), in Cyberpunk, the body is not just a receptacle and must correspond at some point to the consciousness/soul which is "placed" inside. So at some point, V's body is no longer V's one but Johnny's one. If V soul/consciouness stay in this body, the body will slowly die.
Sure, I understand the idea, it's just gibberish. once you have the quasi magical nano tech the story invokes anything is possible it is just clumsy and over explained.

Arasaka creates nanites that can overwtmrite dna yet cannot retore V with nanites that overwrite dna

Thats logic right there

Arasaka creates nanites that can overwtmrite dna yet cannot retore V with nanites that overwrite dna

Thats logic right there
As far as I remember, it never worked for Arasaka and they never supposed/imagined/considered that the body have to "match" with consciousness (since the whole Relic project was intended for Saburo and Saburo only).

V must find cure !!!
I'm not so sure that V has to find a cure really, depending on which ending you go with. If Alt separates V and Johnny and downloads V's engram to the chip (replacing Johnny's), wouldn't that cause the nanites to effectively repair most of the damage they've caused? They are after all using the engram on the chip as the 'blueprint' for the 'remodeling' they're doing. That's been my head canon atleast, that's made it possible for me to not find the ending to be the kind of downer that makes me not want to ever play the game again.

I'm not so sure that V has to find a cure really, depending on which ending you go with. If Alt separates V and Johnny and downloads V's engram to the chip (replacing Johnny's), wouldn't that cause the nanites to effectively repair most of the damage they've caused? They are after all using the engram on the chip as the 'blueprint' for the 'remodeling' they're doing. That's been my head canon atleast, that's made it possible for me to not find the ending to be the kind of downer that makes me not want to ever play the game again.
The sun/star endings, Alt states that the damage is irreparable, and that's why V has six months to live. However, Panam claims she knows a guy who might be able to help V, or you have Mr Blue Eyes who is claiming to have a cure/treatment for V. So both of these indicate that though the engram nanites cannot repair the damage done, that there is a possibility that someone knows how to repair the damage. I'm really really hoping that these endings are touched upon either in the expansion coming, or another one...or a sequel. I don't like being given hope, and then having it just hanging there, unattainable. It's torturous!

However, Panam claims she knows a guy who might be able to help V, or you have Mr Blue Eyes who is claiming to have a cure/treatment for V.
Honestly, I don't want "break" hopes, but :
With Panam, it seem to me more to reassure each other more than anything else (like when you say everything will be fine when you're sure it won't. Best example : Jackie who said to V just before dying : "Don't worry about me, It's fine. I'll survive"). And Panam know "someone" which probably have a solution about a secret project which only Arasaka was aware about...
And Mr Blue Eyes... The guy who participate/take part to the "rewriting" of the Peralez minds... Does he deserve to be trusted ? Not so sure :)

Honestly, I don't want "break" hopes, but :
With Panam, it seem to me more to reassure each other more than anything else (like when you say everything will be fine when you're sure it won't. Best example : Jackie who said to V just before dying : "Don't worry about me, It's fine. I'll survive"). And Panam know "someone" which probably have a solution about a secret project which only Arasaka was aware about...
And Mr Blue Eyes... The guy who participate/take part to the "rewriting" of the Peralez minds... Does he deserve to be trusted ? Not so sure :)
I agree. I don't think Mr Blue Eyes is what he claims. I'm guessing he has what V needs, BUT he's not going to make it easy to get. He'll do something stupid that will force V to have to go through Hell to get the cure/treatment promised. Maybe the Crystal Palace is a trap where V will have to fight his way out, then find a way back to Earth. Hell, Mr Blue Eyes could be the 'guy' that Panam knows...or thinks she knows. Would be a good way to join the endings together. I don't want V to be cured all easy-peasy. I want them to have to suffer for it a bit. Gimme angst, a bit of hopelessness first!

I have the feeling that in this topic it is assumed a "good ending" would be that V survives and regenerates.
In the story the edgerunners have the whole time the motto "becoming a legend", not survive.

In this context the "best" and glorious ending is inherit Rogue as the "Boss" and finishing Arasaka, even if it is only for a short time,
V will surely remain one of the legends of Night City. Which is mentioned more than one time as the goal a runner has.
The complete story tends to go the way finishing the job Johnny and Rogue failed 50 yrs ago. It makes most sense and
might be the reason so many side missions relate to Jonny, Rogue, Samurai and what happened 50 yrs ago.
Also as "the" Boss V will have the best chance to get access to new discoveries being made which mabe stretch her time.

The Arasaka ending is pretty cowardly and against all the honor and codices edgerunners have,
the nomad ending is pretty senseless as V neither has big chances to be healed and also breaks with her task
becoming a legend, so everything she did (other than helping the nomads) was senseless in the end.

If there will be a DLC i think the protagonist won't be V, V maybe will have a part as "the" Fixxer boss of NC or
"the" best netrunner you could contact for a very hot job.

Last edited:
The Arasaka ending is pretty cowardly and against all the honor and codices edgerunners have,
the nomad ending is pretty senseless as V neither has big chances to be healed and also breaks with her task
becoming a legend, so everything she did (other than helping the nomads) was senseless in the end.
Interesting, because after the Heist, my V realized that "become a Legend" was just a stupid dream and the Heist was, sadly and only a "brutal wake up". And there is absolutely nothing (like dialogue lines,...) which came contradict this. V can even express that she give up this "dream" during some dialogues, like in the Clouds with the doll.
Like Johnny said it in Mikoshi : "Take your 6 months remaining and live your life". And it's what my V will do for sure, i.e living a "real life" with buddies, a family, her sweetheart and not a "dream" which generally (always) end badly and in the graveyard.
So at the moment V realized Night City was very aptly named (City of Dreams), the Star ending make total sense :)

Interesting, because after the Heist, my V realized that "become a Legend" was just a stupid dream and the Heist was, sadly and only a "brutal wake up". And there is absolutely nothing (like dialogue lines,...) which came contradict this. V can even express that she give up this "dream" during some dialogues, like in the Clouds with the doll. Like Johnny said it in Mikoshi : "Take your 6 months remaining and live your life". And it's what my V will do for sure, i.e living a "real life" with buddies, a family, her sweetheart and not a "dream" which generally (always) end badly and in the graveyard.
So at the moment V realized Night City was very aptly named (City of Dreams), the Star ending make total sense :)

You are right. I didn't want to talk down the way your V spends the time remaining (which i did and I apologize). I just think that the "legend" path is the path CDPR had in mind (completing become a legend from 90% to 100%). At the end if you roleplay a char your V's best ending is realizing she hunted a false golden goat and spending the rest of her life with her friends and a new nomad family is much more worth than false dreams of so-called legends. Saying the nomad end is senseless was wrong. "Live your life" the way you want is the message. So, you got the point. My V didn't have the choice as I didn't want to engage the nomads into this mess bringing further heavy losses to their members (and the anger of the mighty corporations). So it could only be a thing between me, Rogue, Johnny and Arasake, something which began 50 yrs ago and which only we have to end. But is a personal interpretation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom