[Survey] - early progression without doing MQs

+

1. Have you left Jackie hanging? 2. Do you prefer this progression for early game?

• Total voters
I'm curious as to how many of you replayers of the game :p have left Jackie on the food stand and evolve V through whatson without going through with that MQ and forward.
To the ones that did both versions did you notice how, without the level up that comes from each main mission, V's abilities progress a lot slower and we have to roll through the mud for a lot longer so our V becomes more effective?

I always go for that progression since at least until level 6 or 7, other times much more. It allows for better knowing our V and there's time to put the pieces into what kind of character this is.
If you haven't tried I would suggest/challenge (sorry, have been playing/computing the game Control) you to and say if you like it better or worse.

P. S. On my second question "2. Do you prefer this progression for early game?" I'm not asking wheather you think it's a good moment, story wise to go doing side stuff and suspend the MQ but rather how does it feel, in combat, this progression. Because then simply removing added bonuses to player when they level up would solve it whether player left Jackie hanging or not.

1. No, I never tried once to let Jackie waiting on food stand. Make no sense for me, I want to see Vik to fix V's system malfunction. There is a malware and my V don't want to let it there for a while :)
2. And no. Not because it have an impact on progression (with the way I play), just because it's all matter of how you want to play.

PS : I hope I understood your questions :)

1. Yes, I tried once to let Jackie in front of AllFoods for a while :)
2. And no. Not because it have an impact on progression (with the way I play), just because it's all matter of how you want to play.

Meaning that, for me, it doesn't change anything except the fact that Dex want two unkonw and unexperimented mercs, so it make senss for me to not let Jackie wait too long by doing other "things".

PS : I hope I understood your questions :)

On the second question I wish you don't comment about is it a good time to leave him hanging. Because let's imagine the game didn't give any player bonus when they level up (not faster, healthier...) then you would feel the same sack of potatoes as when you played without meeting Jackie but on the missions that you choose to do.
So my reflection is more about how this level up bonuses doesn't allow us to progress with V in early game

On the second question I wish you don't comment about is it a good time to leave him hanging. Because let's imagine the game didn't give any player bonus when they level up (not faster, healthier...) then you would feel the same sack of potatoes as when you played without meeting Jackie but on the missions that you choose to do.
So my reflection is more about how this level up bonuses doesn't allow us to progress with V in early game
I edited my post (and votes) in the meanwhile :)
So no, never tried once, maybe "unfortunately"...

Guest 3847602

No, I think I usually go off sidequesting after I'm done with both The Pickup and The Information. So, right before The Heist.
Never felt that I should clear the map just as soon as the game opens up in Act 2, either.

I edited my post (and votes) in the meanwhile :)
So no, never tried once, maybe "unfortunately"...

But you see where I'm getting at right?
In my head I also don't leave Jack hanging, I recorded his phone call in the morning and I pretend it just happened; nice Jackie isn't easily passing the lockdown the next day.

I believe in sharing and giving/receiving feedback not out of negative criticism but to get better, always.
In this case playing the game this way allows for a progression of game play that in my opinion, makes me more connected to how my V moves, is developing at a more progressive pace.
So the invitation is almost more of a troubleshooting invitation, although we're not looking for a bug, but testing both progressions and see what feels more organic. Not related to the story options.

Ive not let Jackie wait at the food stand, i have gone off and explored for a bit on one tho. I have cleared Watson before the heist a couple of times. One thing i dislike early game is the limitations in stats/skilltree so on. Next playtrough im going Nomad fem V that will romance Panam (yea i know its impossible, mods ftw tho ;)) and ill give it a shot for awhile i guess.

But you see where I'm getting at right?
In my head I also don't leave Jack hanging, I recorded his phone call in the morning and I pretend it just happened; nice Jackie isn't easily passing the lockdown the next day.

I believe in sharing and giving/receiving feedback not out of negative criticism but to get better, always.
In this case playing the game this way allows for a progression of game play that in my opinion, makes me more connected to how my V moves, is developing at a more progressive pace.
So the invitation is almost more of a troubleshooting invitation, although we're not looking for a bug, but testing both progressions and see what feels more organic. Not related to the story options.
Yep I see, but if it was not related to Viktor and if there wasn't a system malfunction at this moment, maybe I could :)
At the meantime, our "half gold plated ass" already waited me in his car. I remember that in my very first playthrough, I was too happy to explore Night City, that I go pickup my T-Bug's gift and came across few NCPD scanner hustles and GIGs. Plus the enjoyement and distraction to take a look here and there, he waited for a good while... So if I had to choose a moment, it would be there, while Dex wait me :)

I always go up to seeing Viktor and getting into dex's ride every single time, once he drops me off I go do my own thing and usually finish Watson.

I think seeing Viktor helps you do stuff after that.

On several play throughs I’ve cleared Watson before doing anything with the Jackster. I mean its a never ending noodle container so he should be all set..

On several play throughs I’ve cleared Watson before doing anything with the Jackster. I mean its a never ending noodle container so he should be all set..
Thanks for the reply guys.
Did you feel the progression more in real time, different from when you level up through non-action quests and when back to action V has developed a lot suddenly?
Post automatically merged:

Ive not let Jackie wait at the food stand, i have gone off and explored for a bit on one tho. I have cleared Watson before the heist a couple of times. One thing i dislike early game is the limitations in stats/skilltree so on. Next playtrough im going Nomad fem V that will romance Panam (yea i know its impossible, mods ftw tho ;)) and ill give it a shot for awhile i guess.
Thanks. For me it was quite interesting first time and so, next times.

Top Bottom