Do the dialogues with Johnny "drop" based on V's actions?

+
Hey,
the topic is if dialogues with Johny during critical main story quests continuously drop the tone if V does bad things - like killing VBs, (not) going after Nash, talking to Alt, etc...

I believe I got the same dialogues at different points of time on different playthroughs.

At first, he behaves nice, then can go dark from stuff like corporations to AIs, from AIs to nukes, then mind control and killing everyone, and then possibly saying V is no different from them.

If this is true, I find it interesting - the dialogues are well-recycled and flow nicely with the game.

Though, is there something interesting for V if he keeps a clean shield?
The morality aspect of the game looks broken - you can kill everyone or say many things wrong, but what really influences anything about the main story, especially the endings?
Choosing to call or not to call Hanako?

What do you think about the game's writing in relation to the presented morality and choices and consequences?

Your actions on killing/sparing people have no effect on Johnny's dialogue

The game doesn't care what you do because it doesn't matter within their story

Your actions on killing/sparing people have no effect on Johnny's dialogue
It can have very slight quest related dialogue changes but other than that, yeah, your actions won't affect how Johnny sees you in the larger scheme of things.

As for OP's post, Johnny's dialogue before, during and after main quests are all scripted to happen regardless of what you do and only small variations might occur depending on your choises. The ending will always play out the same regardless and only changes based on which ending you took.
Sometimes when Johnny is talking to you, your own dialogue choises may affect whether the conversations ends quickly or will Johnny open up more. This is especially true after the quests Automatic Love, Transmission and Life During Wartime.

They do change, but only in the Rogue ending, and even there it depends on V's conversations with Johnny, not V's morality:
I think they change in Star ending too, if you don't reach the max % with Johnny ;)
(there is dialogue lines before entering in the well which are not available if you're not at max %)

Gee, I find this version of V pathetic. - I didn't mean for it to be like this, I just wanna live waa waa waa

If those lines were my pick, I'd rather choose to vanish than to go back like that. I wouldn't be able to forget or forgive myself. I guess the lines are prescribed by the story writer based on the previous player's choices. And all the same, I have my lil secret ending of Arasaka Tower raid, where Johnny tags along as audience.

With AI advancements, the games might truly allow one to just speak out their own lines. Someday, someday...

Top Bottom