Wakako's hidden option in Disasterpiece [Spoilers] - UPDATED WITH SOLUTION

+
Does anyone have up-to-date information on what the requirements are for Wakako to give you the drop point location for the Death's Head Moth BD? What's the street cred requirement? Or do you simply need to do a set number of her gigs? Or is it both? Anyone know?

For anyone confused: there's an option where Wakako sends you to a drop point to pick up the BD, allowing you to completely bypass the creepy vendor guy. Can't find any current info on this though.

UPDATE - SOLUTION (patch 1.52):

There are at least* TWO things you need to do first before Wakako will give you the drop point location:

1. You NEED to do all 8 of Wakako's gigs. "GIG: A SHRINE DEFILED" is her final one.
2. You NEED to do "GHOST TOWN". Having done "Automatic Love" and "The Space in Between", this will bring your reputation up to 30% **

Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 25_06_2022 01_03_16.jpg

And then when you ask Wakako about the Death's Head Moth in "Disasterpiece"... BINGO:

DeadDrop3.jpg

DeadDrop1.jpg
Notes:
* I cannot discern if street cred makes a difference (I don't believe it does); however if anyone's curious, my lowest street cred was 43. @halki87 has since verified this works at 16 street cred, so very probably not a factor (thanks for checking!).
I think the percentage might be irrelevant because, as far as I can see, the only other way you'd get 30% is if you avoided Ghost Town and went ahead and did Disasterpiece anyway (which wouldn't make sense for what we're trying to do here).

I did a LOT of testing, isolating and combining variables, but I'm only human - please comment if you think any of the details are off.

Last edited:
From what I know (I could be wrong but I doubt), whatever your antecedents with Wakako or Street cred level (number of GIGs completed, whatever...), she always say that she won't say anything about her clients, mercs or contracts.
To quote her :
"So don't you ever ask me who, with whom, where, when, why and how"
So she simply send you to a "legal" BD vendor who send you after to the XBD vendor.

For the "drop point", I think you mean the web page "Pleasures of Night City", you simply have to follow Judy's idea and hack the account to login :)

But in both case, you can't skip the dude, he's the only one who sell the BD anyway.

Last edited:
For the "drop point", I think you mean the web page "Pleasures of Night City", you simply have to follow Judy's idea and hack the account to login :)
No, he means after a while, Wakako either calls you, are sends you a text message, telling you that you can pick up the package from this Drop Point. Only, something changed with 1.5, and if I were to guess, it depends on what you choose at the conversation with Goro in Wakako's office.

But I could be entirely wrong.

From what I know (I could be wrong but I doubt), whatever your antecedents with Wakako or Street cred level (number of GIGs completed, whatever...), she always say that she won't say anything about her clients, mercs or contracts.
To quote her :
"So don't you ever ask me who, with whom, where, when, why and how"
So she simply send you to a "legal" BD vendor who send you after to the XBD vendor.

But in both case, you can't skip the dude, he's the only one who sell the BD anyway.

No LeKill3rFou, you've misunderstood my post. When I said "drop point" I literally meant exactly that.

Post automatically merged:

No, he means after a while, Wakako either calls you, are sends you a text message, telling you that you can pick up the package from this Drop Point. Only, something changed with 1.5, and if I were to guess, it depends on what you choose at the conversation with Goro in Wakako's office.

But I could be entirely wrong.

So far I've heard a couple theories, one is that you need at least 40 street cred, but that's based on one comment here (I haven't seen anyone else confirm this): https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Disasterpiece

Another theory I've heard is that doing the gig "Dirty Biz" (Regina gig with the 2 XBD tuners), is required beforehand, but again, that's one comment on the Internet that no one else has corroborated.

Seems that none of the wikis are even aware that the dead point is an option.

In any case people usually get it if their character is maxed out, but it's still unclear what the criteria is.

Last edited:
I didn't know that you can't directly have the BD from Wakako. Apparently it's Street Cred only, but I can't confirm :)

Easy to try in my next playthrough, I always reach Street Cred 50 way before completing this quest :D

So far I've heard a couple theories, one is that you need at least 40 street cred, but that's based on one comment here (I haven't seen anyone else confirm this): https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Disasterpiece

Another theory I've heard is that doing the gig "Dirty Biz" (Regina gig with the 2 XBD tuners), is required beforehand, but again, that's one comment on the Internet that no one else has corroborated.

Seems that none of the wikis are even aware that the dead point is an option.

In any case people usually get it if their character is maxed out, but it's still unclear what the criteria is.
Really have no idea. I almost always got it from that Drop Point, but the last 2 playthroughs were of 1.52, and had to get it both times from that shady dealer. Could it be storyline related?

I didn't know that you can't directly have the BD from Wakako. Apparently it's Street Cred only, but I can't confirm :)

Easy to try in my next playthrough, I always reach Street Cred 50 way before completing this quest :D
Think Wakako calls it. Maybe if you do a certain amount of gigs for her? Or maybe when you've reached the 3rd tier gigs?

Last edited:
Think Wakako calls it. Maybe if you do a certain amount of gigs for her? Or maybe when you've reached the 3rd tier gigs?
I really don't know, I always have SC 50, but I always go for the dark web and "Pleasures of Night City", then the dude.
But for sure, I'll try in my next playthrough :)

So in my next playthrough, I'll start with only SC 50
- No GIG completed for wakako as always, nor "The GIG" quest (reward for Sandra).
- "Down of The Street" not completed.
And I'll try step by step until the option appear :)

Last edited:
@Bartinga2077 I think originally you had to do 3 of her gigs, but then that changed after 1.31 allegedly. I used to always get the dead drop in my earlier playthroughs too. I do wonder if the Dirty Biz gig has anything to do with it, since Gotfried (*shudders*) mentions the use of dead drops.

@LeKill3rFou Yup, it was always a thing. If you're curious, this is where the drop point is (but you can't open it unless you get that convo with Wakako):

DeadDrop1.jpg

DeadDrop2.jpg

I really don't know, I always have SC 50, but I always go for the dark web and "Pleasures of Night City", then the dude.
But for sure, I'll try in my next playthrough :)

So in my next playthrough, I'll start with only SC 50
- No GIG completed for wakako as always, nor "The GIG" quest (reward for Sandra).
- "Down of The Street" not completed.
And I'll try step by step until the option appear :)

Fab - I'm gonna try to approach with 40 SC, test it out without any of her gigs; if that fails, I'll try again but after 1 wakako gig; 2 wakako gigs; etc. until she gives me the damn BD.

**Or can someone from CDPR please just tell us?** :/

Last edited:
Haha, if you don't want to be spoiled then why are you in this thread?? o_O
With my playing time, it's seem to be difficult to me to be spoiled, but not impossible like with this dialogue option from Wakako. What I find interesting it's not the outcome/option iteself, it's to figure out how it's unlocked :)

Oh Fou, that’s literally the whole point of this thread XD
Yes and if no one know, the best (for me) is to discover it by my own (and not by reading some wiki). It's more interesting. If no one discover and post how it's unlocked, it will make me something new to try in my next playthrough :)
(it's not really a spoiler for me, the outcome still the same, no matter the method to aquire the BD)

I wish I knew the actual trigger for this. I've gotten this option several times, but there was one time where she didn't want to provide the BD. On most of my playthroughs I had finished all of her gigs before doing this quest, whereas the playthrough where she didn't want to provide the BD was when I did this quest early (i.e., lower street cred level and none of her gigs were completed yet). Unfortunately I don't know if it was because of my street cred, the lack of her gigs completed, some combination, or some other factor.

Yes and if no one know, the best (for me) is to discover it by my own (and not by reading some wiki). It's more interesting. If no one discover and post how it's unlocked, it will make me something new to try in my next playthrough :)
(it's not really a spoiler for me, the outcome still the same, no matter the method to aquire the BD)

Oh I understood you the first time. It’s completely understandable why you or anyone else would want to discover something for yourself (and not by reading some wiki or clearly-labelled-spoiler-thread). All I’m saying is “if that’s how you feel, then why are you here?

The spoiler tag is there to respect people like you who wish to play that way. No one is forcing you to read this thread :)

I wish I knew the actual trigger for this. I've gotten this option several times, but there was one time where she didn't want to provide the BD. On most of my playthroughs I had finished all of her gigs before doing this quest, whereas the playthrough where she didn't want to provide the BD was when I did this quest early (i.e., lower street cred level and none of her gigs were completed yet). Unfortunately I don't know if it was because of my street cred, the lack of her gigs completed, some combination, or some other factor.

So far I can confirm that doing all tiers of her gigs (doesn‘t include side quests) won’t unlock this. And having 41 SC also does nothing. Right now I’m building my SC up to see if that does anything.

I’m beginning to wonder if V’s merc percentage (the one on the left) is somehow linked? Because I’m finding that that can be low even if you have high street cred. Will update later…

Last edited:
If someone found it and post it, no problem it don't bother me to read it ;)

Okie dokes!

Update:
-50 SC on its own does nothing.
-Doing all of Wakako’s gigs on its own does nothing.
-My merc percentage (or whatever it’s called) is at 20% (“hard reset”)

I think it might depend on whether or not you complete other main quests first beforehand?

I think it might depend on whether or not you complete other main quests first beforehand?
If I'm right, there is only Goro's quest (Gimme Danger/Play It Safe) and Ghost Town/Lightning breaks available. It would be weird that one of these quest unlock something with Wakako :)

This is really weird. This is beginning to feel like a bug or an oversight now.

Latest update: I did all 8 of Wakako’s gigs at 50SC, and still nothing.

Then I loaded an earlier save and did:
-Search and Destroy (which means you have to do Ghost Town/Life During Wartime/Play it Safe first)
-this put my merc% at 60%
-had 39SC
-zero wako gigs done
Result: Still no dead drop.

Conclusion:
-Maxing street cred (on its own) won’t work.
-Doing all of Wako’s tiered gigs (on its own) won’t work.
-Combining max street cred WITH all of Wako’s tiered gigs won’t work.
-Completing every other possible main quest (on its own) won’t work.

Ugh, maybe it‘s a combo of finishing Search and Destroy and SC and/or Wako gigs…

Finally got at least one possible solution to this. So far the only way I’ve managed to get the dead drop is by having a combination of 2 things:
completing “Search and Destroy” AND doing all 8 of Wako’s gigs.
Doing all of Wako’s gigs is a must; however I’m currently checking to see if this can be combined with fewer main quests. Will update OP later once I know the threshold. This isn’t fun lol.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I'm pretty confident that I've narrowed down the solution. Please see OP for details :giveup:
If anyone has found an alternative, lemme know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom