Uncommon components

+
I'm coming back after a while and what surprises me most is the scarcity of uncommon, and to a lesser degree, common components. It used to be that these were abundant, and if you didn't have enough you could buy them anywhere. However, now, I don't know if as a result of the last update or a previous one, uncommon and common are harder to get than rare and epic. They are required for everything and run out real fast. The worse change is that normal vendors no longer sell them, the only ones that do (and don't sell that many) are junk vendors. These are scarce in the city, and worse, half of them are sex toy sellers that offer no components. So far in the game (I'm doing the Takemura, Judy and Panam quests) I've only found two vendors, both in Jig Jig.
It used to be that it was better to sell most weapons and armor, and use the money to buy the components. But now, since they are no longer sold by most vendors, I find myself in the need of scrapping practically every weapon and armor that I put my hands on, even those with a relatively good price that I would have liked to sell. Just to get the infamous uncommon components, and every item produces very few (usually 4).
The game has many improvements, but in this matter I cannot agree, it was a bad move by the devs.

Honestly, just dismantling weapons and clothes (just the common ones, keep the higher to sell) give you uncommon components too. So generally, I never buy common/uncommon, unlike the higher rarity. And I finish the game with more than 10K uncommons :)

there is one junk vendor very early even in act 1 closed Watson - V calls his store "Trash Kingdom" , it's located east of Watson on an upper level near a ripper doc. he sells all kind of components even legendary early on and u simply can farm his stuff by skipping time just infront of him.

Last edited:
Badlands was a good place to find components from the weapon sellers. At least for me it was. This was when I as doing the mission with Palame or whatever her name was.

I'll look for that Trash Kingdom, seems I need every scrap.
Same. I played some last night and hadn't ever noticed it before (despite 140+ hours in game), probably because it's right by a cyberdoc and, on the map, the cyberdoc is on top.

Anyway, I dropped like $10k eddies and cleaned the guy out, and I still don't have enough components to upgrade all my gear to hit level cap. Ironically, what I'm mostly missing is common components, so I guess the solution is to go murder-hobo a bunch of low-level gangers for the value of their scrap.

Same. I played some last night and hadn't ever noticed it before (despite 140+ hours in game), probably because it's right by a cyberdoc and, on the map, the cyberdoc is on top.

Anyway, I dropped like $10k eddies and cleaned the guy out, and I still don't have enough components to upgrade all my gear to hit level cap. Ironically, what I'm mostly missing is common components, so I guess the solution is to go murder-hobo a bunch of low-level gangers for the value of their scrap.
Simply skip 24h and the vendor is fully packed again like every vendor ingame does.

if money is a problem there is also a way to get infinite eddies early on in act 1 (rare crafts must be available) - head to the ripper doc northwest of Watson (the one you can get a discount at by clearing a side gig) buy the rare Kiroshi mod crafting spec. Selling these give you around 700E each. Their materials are kinda cheap and way below the sellamount. After getting the spec head back to „Trash Kingdom“ sell as much Mods as you can - skip 24h of ingame time just infront of the vendor and repeat. There you go infinite Eddies and components to make.

Progress speed will highly increase later if you sell epic or legendary crafts such as Ashura f.e.

Last edited:
Simply skip 24h and the vendor is fully packed again like every vendor ingame does.

if money is a problem there is also a way to get infinite eddies early on in act 1 (rare crafts must be available) - head to the ripper doc northwest of Watson (the one you can get a discount at by clearing a side gig) buy the rare Kiroshi mod crafting spec. Selling these give you around 700E each. Their materials are kinda cheap and way below the sellamount. After getting the spec head back to „Trash Kingdom“ sell as much Mods as you can - skip 24h of ingame time just infront of the vendor and repeat. There you go infinite Eddies and components to make.

Progress speed will highly increase later if you sell epic or legendary crafts such as Ashura f.e.
Hehe hadent checked up on exploits in awhile. Kinda makes you wonder why they keep patching them if people just wanna speed trough the grind in a single player game? i prefer too just skip in by console commands instead. Wasting hours on selling stuff/buying components isent really my thing and i got the achivements the proper way so now i dont really care ^^

Edit: just remembered the console players. yea for them this is good advice.

console indeed : /

also curious why they fix stuff like item dupes / money exploites while they just hit the console fraction with these changes... and pc user can mod and spawn whatever they want whenever they want ^^

Last edited:
Scrap all the low value weapons and clothes and you should have no problems getting a bunch of common and uncommon materials.
Also grabbing the perk that gives you a chance to receive a higher level component from scrapping is a good one since you get more uncommons by just scrapping junk.
I always have tons of common and uncommon components around midgame and even more at end game. For me the rare (blue) components are the ones that are always running out and I have to keep buying them.

For me, this is the exact “thing” that I love about rpg’s. I used to know the exact price point for sell vs scrap. Meaning if you sell an item for $80, you can buy more scrap than the item would have provided. Guess now that I’m back going strong on a new 1.52 play through, I’ll have to recalculate it.

The worse change is that normal vendors no longer sell them, the only ones that do (and don't sell that many) are junk vendors.

All of the pharamacists sell uncommon and common components. They're all over the map.

Re: scrapping junk; yes this helps but it's surprisingly insufficient if you're trying to upgrade something several times like V's original pants (the compenent cost rapidly goes through the roof, even with all the crafting perks).

Re: scrapping junk; yes this helps but it's surprisingly insufficient if you're trying to upgrade something several times like V's original pants (the compenent cost rapidly goes through the roof, even with all the crafting perks).
yep, in this case, dismantling is clearly not enough.

Thanks, pharmacists and some clothes vendors as well. I think I have that figured out, the problem was when I saw Wilson and other weapon dealers no longer sold common and uncommon. Sometimes they do but not regularly and the 24-hour wait sleaze doesn't work with them.
The problem with scrapping stuff gets "worse" as the game advances, apparently prices are tied to your street credit or something and pretty soon you find that most weapons and armor are no longer worth scrapping, because they are better value than the components they drop. Well that IS a good thing, overall, what it means is that you have more money, but have to shop around for components more.

I'm coming back after a while and what surprises me most is the scarcity of uncommon, and to a lesser degree, common components. It used to be that these were abundant, and if you didn't have enough you could buy them anywhere. However, now, I don't know if as a result of the last update or a previous one, uncommon and common are harder to get than rare and epic. They are required for everything and run out real fast. The worse change is that normal vendors no longer sell them, the only ones that do (and don't sell that many) are junk vendors. These are scarce in the city, and worse, half of them are sex toy sellers that offer no components. So far in the game (I'm doing the Takemura, Judy and Panam quests) I've only found two vendors, both in Jig Jig.
It used to be that it was better to sell most weapons and armor, and use the money to buy the components. But now, since they are no longer sold by most vendors, I find myself in the need of scrapping practically every weapon and armor that I put my hands on, even those with a relatively good price that I would have liked to sell. Just to get the infamous uncommon components, and every item produces very few (usually 4).
The game has many improvements, but in this matter I cannot agree, it was a bad move by the devs.
What you've said about lack of vendors is just not true, there's TONS of vendors that sell components. Even the gun vendor in the badlands sells them.

The part about the Blue components being severely scarce and little overused by the crafting system is absolutely correct, but you can find them. I had no real problems upgrading all my legendaries by the end. Currently level 50 with 6 upgraded weapons and full outfit, legedary armor mods etc. So it can be done.

Honestly when the game came out we were all just making green grenades and breaking them down for blue parts and repeating the process for blue->purple, I think they were probably always scarce.

Conversely, there are now all the legendary parts you could ever want around every corner. On release they were really hard to find.

What you've said about lack of vendors is just not true, there's TONS of vendors that sell components. Even the gun vendor in the badlands sells them.

The part about the Blue components being severely scarce and little overused by the crafting system is absolutely correct, but you can find them. I had no real problems upgrading all my legendaries by the end. Currently level 50 with 6 upgraded weapons and full outfit, legedary armor mods etc. So it can be done.

Honestly when the game came out we were all just making green grenades and breaking them down for blue parts and repeating the process for blue->purple, I think they were probably always scarce.

Conversely, there are now all the legendary parts you could ever want around every corner. On release they were really hard to find.
As long as you disasemble anything your not using and start building into crafting early its fairly easy too keep up with components, blue ones are kinda a outwire tho since it scales so stupidly with upgrade weapons/armor. I just give myself 1000000 eurodollars nowdays and buy it at every vendor i see.

Tbh it was more fun with the dissaseble coke cans and crafting the purple granade too dissasemble again system :) now its just annoying if yo urun out -.-

I literally'd spend an entire session on collecting them. Sometimes I drive, or take the fast-travel option. It's a job on it's own, but... if I wannit... I'm gonna have to do it: And I wannit!!!

Top Bottom