Why did they remove a lot of good stuff? Disappointing

+
I'm replaying after a while and have found various instances of stuff that was a given, if you knew where to search, now they no longer exist. They don't want you to have good prizes? It is sad and disappointing. To mention 3:
1 At the rooftop of the Afterlife you could get a blueprint for a nice weapon, but rooftop no longer available. They even "fixed" it so a way that someone had found for reaching that place by jumping was also cut off. And it seems that even if you get there, the prize no longer exists and you only find useless generic stuff.
2 In Rancho Coronado in a box in front of a house you could find a blueprint for a nifty grenade. True, this was used for a sleaze where you could get more components than you invested by scrapping it. That treasure is no longer available. They should have fixed the sleaze, but not remove the blueprint altogether. Now the box contains worthless generic stuff.
3 At the Pacifica cinema where you meet the Net watch agent there was a legendary item (don't really remember what it was but I remember it was nice). No longer there, now you find nothing in that office.

They randomized all the loot and I think it makes for a better game personally. It has stopped me following the same path every playthrough for sure as I used to make a beeline for the armadillo mod

The legendary at the netwatch agent was a deadeye mod but mods have undergone comprehensive changes

They randomized all the loot and I think it makes for a better game personally. It has stopped me following the same path every playthrough for sure as I used to make a beeline for the armadillo mod
I agree, it's a good thing that they randomized the loot (not everywhere, but almost). Now, you also have chance to get something which was unavailable before too :)

I kinda never understood the "fix this exploit" in a single player game. Same with the witcher 3 killing cows and so on tbh. In this agme it feels even more stupid tbh since i can just give myself 10000000000 eurodollars with mods/console if i wanted. The soda/granade exploit i hade too atleast do something for and it feelt a bit like a lifehack :D

In my current game, I found the Legendary plans for the Achilles during the heist in Konpeki Plaza. Go figure...

I kinda never understood the "fix this exploit" in a single player game. Same with the witcher 3 killing cows and so on tbh. In this agme it feels even more stupid tbh since i can just give myself 10000000000 eurodollars with mods/console if i wanted. The soda/granade exploit i hade too atleast do something for and it feelt a bit like a lifehack :D

I do not like the "fix the exploit" in single player games but this was not really fixing an exploit AFAIK, it was randomizing the treasures chests.

Cutting off our fun and clever way to get to the famous apartment left a bad feeling with me however. It still took deliberate effort and some skill to get to the apartment. So almost nobody was going to do it "accidently".

Last edited:

3 At the Pacifica cinema where you meet the Net watch agent there was a legendary item (don't really remember what it was but I remember it was nice). No longer there, now you find nothing in that office.​

They just moved it, I found it on my way out, also Lizzy has been moved to the backroom in Judys basement.

3 At the Pacifica cinema where you meet the Net watch agent there was a legendary item (don't really remember what it was but I remember it was nice).
If I remember, it was "Bully", a clothe mod which was "nerfed" in 1.5 and you can buy it for "cheap" in almost all clothes shops.

Something that seems related, since it was changed from what was before. Happens again and again. You see that golden box on top of a container, a corpse, whatever. Oh boy oh boy something good you say. But when you grab it, the supposedly legendary weapon becomes rare. Not even epic but rare. I have sometimes held the legendary item for a split second, and it turns blue in front of me. WTF? Does V have hands of rust or something that he ruins weapons? Sure many times it is upgradeable, but if you can't do it yet it is frustrating, and if you can upgrade it, it just puts you into the chore of shopping for the needed components. Why dangle a legendary icon in front of your eyes just to give you a dumbed-down version?

Why dangle a legendary icon in front of your eyes just to give you a dumbed-down version?
The only time it happen for me, it's when it's a iconic item... which have "legendary" HUD icon, whatever their version.
But other than iconics, when there is a legendary HUD icon and a legendary item in a container, it's "stay" legendary and never change... :D
Edit : the only way to change rarity of an item, is either to unload the area (so go away far enough and come back), either save and reload.

Yeah come to think of it, it's iconics that do that... It seems they don't want the player to get something good, at least not easily. While I can see a bit of merit in that, it still is a bit annoying when you go to see your iconic and it's only rare. Especially since given how the whole upgrade system works, it might well be that any special or iconic or legendary thing you find has atrocious values and is very hard to upgrade. While you might find a common item of the same kind with better values and easy to upgrade. Many iconic items are destined to sit in display in V's apartment since they aren't good enough.

Yeah come to think of it, it's iconics that do that... It seems they don't want the player to get something good, at least not easily. While I can see a bit of merit in that, it still is a bit annoying when you go to see your iconic and it's only rare. Especially since given how the whole upgrade system works, it might well be that any special or iconic or legendary thing you find has atrocious values and is very hard to upgrade. While you might find a common item of the same kind with better values and easy to upgrade. Many iconic items are destined to sit in display in V's apartment since they aren't good enough.
Probably, if you didn't invest in crafting skill nor tech attribute, but that's a choice ;)
If you invest at least to be able to craft epic items, you should be able to upgrade iconics until to reach level 35-40, then craft them in epic (to reset the upgrade cost) and keep upgrading then to the level 50. Like that, you still get your iconics "better" than everything that you can loot...

Iconics are not really much harder to upgrade than anything else...

Most of the non crafting spec ones are looted with rare rarity what is fine around 25-30. Epic upgrade around 35-40, legendary around 45-50.

Some specs come at epic from the start what is also okay since epic just needs 12 Tech. The only one which sticks out is the legendary spec for the smart rifle... which I personally hate because this one is the only one which forces you to go 18 Tech and above.

Iconics are not harder to upgrade by themselves. Maybe I used the wrong term, not harder but more expensive and I meant not in general but some weapons that due to randomness are poor despite their "legendary" or "iconic" status. A particular legendary or iconic item can spawn with really rotten stats and upgrading them becomes costlier and costlier with diminishing returns until you reach a point where it is no longer practical. And sometimes they never reach the stats of a same-kind item of rare, uncommon or even common quality that you picked off a silly gangoon, which not only is cheaper to upgrade but also improves more points each time you upgrade it.
I once got a pistol, I don't remember what it was exactly but it was supposed to be something good, not just a random thing you find. The gun had horrible stats, something like 50 dps while I had another gun of the same kind and common rarity that did about 250. The rotten weapon upgraded very little each time and cost a lot, it was impractical to try to take it to the level of the other one.
This the problem with the quality and rarity system, they do not correlate, they are two completely different stats. You can have an excellent common weapon and a terrible legendary weapon of the same kind. But then why is it legendary? As I see it, a legendary weapon should be magical. Not even the best common or uncommon should come near it. The progression should be linear, the best common should be a bit lower than the worst uncommon, the best uncommon a little below the worst rare, and so on. It would even be a much simpler system.

Iconics are not harder to upgrade by themselves. Maybe I used the wrong term, not harder but more expensive and I meant not in general but some weapons that due to randomness are poor despite their "legendary" or "iconic" status.
There are leveled at the moment that you pickup or loot them (like almost all the items in the game, except some which are affected by a bug).
So if you pickup Lizzie (for example) at level 7, it will have level 7 stats. But if you pickup it at level 50, it will have level 50 stats (the max). For example, if you pickup the Lizzie at level 7, put it in your stash and "wait" the level 30 to use it, even if it's an iconic, it will have very "bad" stats...

Rarity only change the number of mod slot and the number of stats you will have on a weapons (not the stats themself which are linked to your own level at the moment that you pickup/loot the item).

Last edited:
Imo there really should be in-game possibility to upgrade weapons in stores for a price or job(s) done. Atm is player quite hard pushed to invest 18 lvl points into Technical ability. But ofc this is up to devs decision and would require rework of more things.

Last edited:
i think there is should be found a more original desition - for example: add a new time of weapons or gage mechanic. There is no point to return for such a temporary froee loot for test.

...then craft them in epic (to reset the upgrade cost) .....
Seriously that increased cost based on initial weapon level instead of difference vs player level makes no sense.
It sounds more like a bug than a thought through mechanic.

Considering how item drops/ crafts scale with player level, updating the weapon to player level should be considered a maintenance and should never cost more than crafting a new one.

Still one of my worst experiences in this game ( pre 1.3) was discovering that it is impossible to get early acquired Malorian Arms 3516 up to date ( for example to max level) without exploits/cheats.

Considering how item drops/ crafts scale with player level, updating the weapon to player level should be considered a maintenance and should never cost more than crafting a new one.
I reckon that's bad design.
It's why I subjected myself to a tedious grind to 50 before then running around and picking up all of the iconics.
And I wonder about all of those YouTube videos back at launch ooh'ing and aah'ing over iconic clothing sets and showing people where to get them, but not mentioning that they scale to player level on pickup.
Setting players up for major disappointment.

Top Bottom