Are you MODDER? Tell us it should be on the new Redkit for Cyberpunk 2077

+
You can already modify car physics, top speed, tyre grip and a whole bunch of other stuff. Cyber Vehicle Overhaul by Erok has a very comprehensive tutorial and template .lua files where you can customize vehicle handling any way you want.
I've obtained this mod.

It's quite a boost. I pushed Cali to the game's limit. The game prescribes the top speed of ca. '458'. See, when the Cali goes over that it just fuses out and its speed drops to 0. Let's start over again. So, I keep the max speed at that limit. I also removed air and torque friction so once the accel stops, the car just holds the current speed. Awesomeness power awesomeness that one!

I was looking forward to hitting the 500 and 1000 marks. No way so far.

Anyhow, I've used the mod to modify the accel to get to that top sweetspot of '457' in about six seconds. I think I saw 459 once, but I was mid-air, won't count it. Brakes? It can slow down quicker than it sped up as long as it has ground contact. Sometimes with flipping over, cause of some mass center thing, gotta figure that one.

A car that dreams are made of.

Though, the speedometer is still broken, displaying a higher speed by some 37% of what the speed would be in km/h. To give some feel of it, for the speed of 300 km/h, one needs to see '411' on the speedometer.

Stuff happens at high speeds.

photomode_25012022_215559.jpg

Post automatically merged:

P.S.

So far, I discovered that flying over long distances with a car, one can also fly over those turn-around-nothing-for-you zones, and enter pieces of the map they usually couldn't.

Last edited:
I've obtained this mod.

It's quite a boost. I pushed Cali to the game's limit. The game prescribes the top speed of ca. '458'. See, when the Cali goes over that it just fuses out and its speed drops to 0. Let's start over again. So, I keep the max speed at that limit. I also removed air and torque friction so once the accel stops, the car just holds the current speed. Awesomeness power awesomeness that one!

[...]
I can totally see a mod or content patch that revamps the car quests making all those vehicles way cheaper to buy but in a poor condition like broken down, with missing or rusty parts and requiring you to fix them at shop like Claire's. Potentially allowing you to tweak them like that mod does or even replace parts for aesthetics.

Gotta try that, I love taking "shortcuts" at high speed in this game. Reminds me of some car chase sequences of the late 80's to 90's movies : )

Here's how it looks like with my modding. I've hit "360"+ speed in this race, which is over 260 km/h.
The car can hit a speed of '457', which is about 333 km/h.

Last edited:

"ARE YOU MODDER? TELL US IT SHOULD BE ON THE NEW REDKIT FOR CYBERPUNK 2077"

Have been wondering for a while now about something.

Throughout my many playthroughs, I am fairly convinced that the state of the game slowly but surely deteriorates during gameplay, up to a point where it spontaneously Crashes To Desktop. When you reload a game save before that happens, the game starts smooth again. Reloading a game save seems to have a counteracting affect on the deterioration process.

What I was wondering about is, as the game seemingly cannot so much recuperate in any, is it not a good idea to let the game reload the last autosave, when it "feels" that it's imminent to CTD?

Can it not be opted in the Options screen to reload the game instead of crashing to desktop?

Throughout my many playthroughs, I am fairly convinced that the state of the game slowly but surely deteriorates during gameplay, up to a point where it spontaneously Crashes To Desktop. When you reload a game save before that happens, the game starts smooth again. Reloading a game save seems to have a counteracting affect on the deterioration process.

What I was wondering about is, as the game seemingly cannot so much recuperate in any, is it not a good idea to let the game reload the last autosave, when it "feels" that it's imminent to CTD?

Can it not be opted in the Options screen to reload the game instead of crashing to desktop?
What do you think contributes to that deterioration? I'm playing on Ps4 pro, SSD and I feel that a lot.
It is my impression that from act 1 to 2 it deteriorates a lot as the city opens up but then I feel it progressively as you said.
Amount of Items in inventory I think it influences, but it is the progression of the save files themselves right? I try to delete all the autosaves and quicksaves often (but I also forget this a lot) and always manually save on an empty slot. Also skip time 24 hours in "safe" environments like Vs apartment...
Do you know other factors that might influence this degradation?
On Ps4 it translates to fps drops and other bugs happening more, not just game crashes.

What you're both describing is typically associated with a memory leak.

If you don't feel like reading the wiki page I provided, in short, memory allocated to tasks isn't being released the way it should. As you keep playing, the effects of this leak compounds and start creating more obvious problems until it all eventually crashes. The less memory your system has, the faster these issues start showing. Reloading can release the memory but in some games restarting the game is the only way to fix the issue

It's generally a very complicated issue to fix and one modders wouldn't be able to fix. An automatic reload when the game "feels" it's about to crash like @Bartinga2077 suggested would be excessively difficult to implement and would most likely be extremely annoying for weaker systems like your PS4 @GogRelvas.

Your best bet is to notice the signs of degradation and reload/restart the game to release the memory.

Can't say I've experienced it myself though, maybe I don't play for long enough.

What do you think contributes to that deterioration? I'm playing on Ps4 pro, SSD and I feel that a lot.
It is my impression that from act 1 to 2 it deteriorates a lot as the city opens up but then I feel it progressively as you said.
Amount of Items in inventory I think it influences, but it is the progression of the save files themselves right? I try to delete all the autosaves and quicksaves often (but I also forget this a lot) and always manually save on an empty slot. Also skip time 24 hours in "safe" environments like Vs apartment...
On Ps4 it translates to fps drops and other bugs happening more, not just game crashes.
If I were to guess, I'd say the graphics card getting (too) hot, as maybe its ideal operating temperature is not maintained. But really don't know. The only thing I know is that Cyberpunk is by no means the only game that experiences this. Have played other games that equally gradually deteriorate to a worsened state until it CTD.

Increasing amount of items in inventory, increasing amount of game assets in general, increases the taxes exerted onto the game, making it slowly perform increasingly more sluggish and heavy.

That's a known fact.

On that accord it's like a truck that visits several customers where at each of them it takes on cargo. The more cargo that truck needs to bare, the slower and heavier it gets. That's the deterioration process.

The recuperation process consists out of that truck delivering the different cargo to the different destinations. Each time it delivers cargo, it gets lighter and faster.

With the deterioration process that I mean, that truck is NOT taking on any cargo at all, and just keeps driving. But while it does so, it slowly but surely is getting slower and slower up to a point where it spontaneously breaks down and the driver can walk. (CTD)

The different spots on the map where stutter is very prominent, gravely expedite the deterioration process. After heaving gone through such a spot, going to a crowded place like at Mistys or Wakakos, insures almost a guaranteed CTD.

Reloading a game save at that moment, somewhat improves overall performance, but not always. Yet, it seems to be the only way of a recuperation, outside a full game restart.

Playing with the "Let There Be Flight" mod, you can very easily come into contact with the game's roof, bottom and walls. Where other games would CTD, this game reloads. Hench this idea came up. Think it could serve to be tested in the Red kit/ Wolvenkit.

By and large this is normally a result of the sheer number of scripts that a player has running simultaneously. Things like hunger, active skills, temporary buffs, long-term / repeating quests, gear degradation or skills, etc. are normally handled via these scripts. Early on in things like RPGs, there will be very few of these running. As the player progresses through the game, acquiring new and more complex weapons and armor, accessing new active and passive abilities (some of which will stack or be augmented by other abilities or gear when active), activate new areas with random encounters that are activated with a timer, etc., etc., etc...

...all of these things are added as data to the save state of the player's game. When you load a game, the further and further along you are, the more and more of these scripts will need to be written into the RAM and remain running for the game to load. This then makes those RAM addresses unavailable for other functions, which can and will create slowdown at times, as some of those things will need to be swapped out of RAM and then back in to make sure everything the game needs is there.

On top of that, all of these processors require CPU cycles, meaning that the load on the CPU can and will increase a bit as players move through a big game. More stuff going on simultaneously = more CPU and RAM being used simultaneously.

A lot of it, if you're seeing a very noticeable decrease in performance, may be due to playstyle. "Active inventory" is a common culprit for this sort of performance degradation (especially responsiveness in menus and such). If you have a very full inventory, dumping your entire inventory into a stash or simply dropping it on the ground and picking it back up can affect this positively (resetting individual item IDs to much smaller values).

At other times, it's simply conflicts in the code. While it can happen as a form of bug, a much more common way of this happening is players that may attempt to use some form of exploit to, say, infinitely craft or create duplicate items. Even though the exploit may work, if it is unintended game functionality, it often leaves resident script strings that just run endlessly from that point forward. (It was never intended for players to do that sort of thing, and the engine doesn't necessarily know how to deal with it.)

And the last possibility is just plain old bugs. A huge majority of these will likely be the result of very unique glitches that occur when a single playthrough (read: save file) is used over the course of multiple game updates. Every time the core functionality changes, and the game is loaded and re-saved, the higher the probability becomes that the save-state creates conflicting data. It's not uncommon for some old script, one no longer being used by the game, to simply get stuck in the save-state and run endlessly -- or even worse -- duplicated every time the game loads. Hence, you may not see the slowdown if you begin a new game and play up to that point again using the latest version. (This is similar to what happens when a game is updated with mods running, and the older mods create a conflict with the newer game version.)

The end result is, it's hard to say and probably even harder to recreate. Last-gen consoles and lower-end PCs are the most likely to suffer from this, as they may lack the hardware specs to simply "brute force" right through the issues. But I've personally had it happen even on wildly high-end hardware. Most often, if it's really bad (like, unplayable levels of bad), is to kiss that playthrough goodbye, uninstall, reinstall, and start a brand new playthrough. (I've had installations of both Skyrim and Fallout 3 that been stutter-fests that nothing could save...and then the next playthrough is buttery smooth from beginning to end after a restart / reinstallation.)

If I were to guess, I'd say the graphics card getting (too) hot, as maybe its ideal operating temperature is not maintained. But really don't know. The only thing I know is that Cyberpunk is by no means the only game that experiences this. Have played other games that equally gradually deteriorate to a worsened state until it CTD.
This is also a very good point. Be sure that your PC or console has about 4 inches on all sides to breathe freely. (I had a laptop that would stutter and eventually throttle within about an hour of beginning play on it. I kid you not: the solution was bottle caps. Four plastic bottle caps that I used to prop it up so that it had more breathing room for the underside's intake. With that, I got smooth sailing for as long as I wanted to play.)

As a hobby level designer and environment artist I would really appreciate some kind of level editor to create costum missions/campains/locations with scripting, costum assets, particle effects, weapons, characters and so on. The universe of CP2077 has so much potential for telling interesting stories and creating unique gameplay/emotional experiences. It would be a shame, if the motivation and talent of the modding community was wasted because of a lack of tools.

Could please make a wiki page for RED scripting like Creation Engine?
For exmaple I'm looking at a code from a mod

DismemberBodyPart(npc, hitUserData, hitShapeTypeString, hitEvent, 2);

and I wanna know what the number means for "hitEvent", like 2 in this case.

Guys, as CDR Projekt will switch to Unreal 5 as main engine for future titles. They cannot release the editor because the modding potential that the Cyberpunk univers has is so great, they will need to maintain it for decade like Bethesda did for Skyrim...
And you know how think marketing and CEO's, money now is better that the promise of future uncertain money...
Before I was "I will wait, they will maybe releasing the editor one day" now I'm just sad as it will mostly not happend.

Guys, as CDR Projekt will switch to Unreal 5 as main engine for future titles. They cannot release the editor because the modding potential that the Cyberpunk univers has is so great, they will need to maintain it for decade like Bethesda did for Skyrim...
And you know how think marketing and CEO's, money now is better that the promise of future uncertain money...
Before I was "I will wait, they will maybe releasing the editor one day" now I'm just sad as it will mostly not happend.
Have I missed something? The editor is already available and modders are already working with it. The anime has skyrocketed sales and players on Steam, the ability to modify and add content by modders is another strategy that increases their income until they release their next game in 3 or 4 years. It keeps Cyberpunk 2077 alive and with new content.

What the executive directors think is that they will not have income for another 4 years if they do not give Cyberpunk tools that allow it to extend its life. That is why the official tools for modders are already available and they are already being worked on.

The link to the tools. I also advise you to visit the Cyberpunk modding discord channels

Last edited:
Ehm... na, they didn't release an editor, RedMod is just a lil' helper, and then there's a Blender plugin. The tool modders use isn't anything official like Bethesda's Creation Kit, it's a community "hack" to make their own editor since they have nothing official. Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't try this... what'sitcalled, Wolvenkit myself, but compared to an official editor it looks kind of unintuitive to me. Skyrim/Fallout modding is so popular because modders have the complete Creation Kit to play with, or back in my olde times when I was still young and creative, e.g. the Neverwinter Nights toolsets, which were exactly the same the devs used to create the games.
This isn't meant as "you're wrong", just that I'm not yet fully sold on the great, unlimited modding future of Cyberpunk and a little sceptic, basically because the learning curve is very high and it's not so easy to pick up as with a full official toolset.

Last edited:
Ehm... na, they didn't release an editor, RedMod is just a lil' helper, and then there's a Blender plugin. The tool modders use isn't anything official like Bethesda's Creation Kit, it's a community "hack" to make their own editor since they have nothing official. Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't try this... what'sitcalled, Wolvenkit myself, but compared to an official editor it looks kind of unintuitive to me. Skyrim/Fallout modding is so popular because modders have the complete Creation Kit to play with, or back in my olde times when I was still young and creative, e.g. the Neverwinter Nights toolsets, which were exactly the same the devs used to create the games.
It is supported by CDPR, they have been working for a year and they announced it in patch 1.6. It's not Bethesda's tools, I wish they were, but it's a step forward that allows you to add content and it's official. Making it easier to use would be a great help, totally true.

Most of the mod are small tweaks mods, textures change mods, audio mods, virtual shops, reshade mods, etc... there is a few quests mods or location mods but they are very limited and use cyber engine tweak. There no "real" mods like the ones a real editor can offer.
I would like a trauma carrier mod, I would like to live the V life before the beginning, I would like to open every doors, visit the sewer, cross the city in a real subway system, I would like the real deal, the real editor.

I would like a trauma carrier mod, I would like to live the V life before the beginning, I would like to open every doors, visit the sewer, cross the city in a real subway system, I would like the real deal, the real editor.
Just keep in mind that Red Engine is (and probably never be) as "mod friendly" as Creation Engine (which by the way is aptly named^^). Creation Engine which was, I think, intended, designed and created by Bethesda to let modders modifying "easily" the whole game.
So it's just my opinion, but there is no chance that one day, any games (even less Cyberpunk) will reach the "modding level" of Bethesda games.

Top Bottom