Non-lethal bug

+
Usually the problem is killing someone you don't want to when using non-lethal. However now I'm having the reverse problem. I don't have non-lethal cyberware (I did for a while, but later removed it), and my weapons don't have non-lethal mods, but a vast majority of my "kills" are non-lethal. I think somehow the non-lethal cyberware mod effect remained active even after removing it (bug). Has anyone experienced this, and what could be the fix?

Usually the problem is killing someone you don't want to when using non-lethal. However now I'm having the reverse problem. I don't have non-lethal cyberware (I did for a while, but later removed it), and my weapons don't have non-lethal mods, but a vast majority of my "kills" are non-lethal. I think somehow the non-lethal cyberware mod effect remained active even after removing it (bug). Has anyone experienced this, and what could be the fix?
Has been more or less since launch been a Cyberpunk rule that without any non-lethal mods equipped, the last hit most of the time incaps the target, then any hit after that flatlines it. Guessing it depends where on the body the target is hit for them to flatline instantly. Not sure really.

Never use melee, so have no knowledge about those.

Out of common sense, would guess that sharp edged weapons would be more prone to flatline instantly, whereas blunt weapons would be more prone to incap. but a well placed blunt weapon hit on the head can flatline just as easily.

Non-lethal mods convert lethal QHs into non-lethal ones.

For instance, with 'Target Analyses' equipped, using SUICIDE QH on targets, they shoot themselves only to drop incapped, while without 'Target Analysis' they drop flatlined. Super weird that, but that's how it works.

Thanks. Maybe I've been too efficient with the last bullet and leave them wounded. Even those that must die, like maelstrom. Maelstrom always die.

Guessing it depends where on the body the target is hit for them to flatline instantly. Not sure really.
It is mostly due to this. I never use the non-lethal mods and after a battle when I'm using my guns, usually there are some enemies on the ground that are still alive. If your last shot hits them in the arm or a leg or even mid torso, they often live. Also sometimes the weapons elemental damage might be one that knocks them out. E.g. you might damage the enemy with your bullet enough that they only have like 5hp left and then the elemental damage from your gun instantly knocks them out cold but alive.

As for melee, base rule is that blunt weapons are non-lethal and blades are lethal. It is still possible that someone survives a slicing with a katana you hit them in the arm or a leg or if once again your blade's elemental damage finishes them off. It's also possible to accidentaly kill someone with a blunt weapon. Sometimes when you use a blunt weapon and knock the enemy out, they might stumble over while falling down to take just that tiny damage from stumbling that it kills them.
This is why you need to be very careful with cyberpsychos when they're close to dying so you don't actually kill them. I mostly throw the kitchen sink at the psychos and once they're close to beign dead, I switch to a blunt weapon and do these "hit n' run" strikes one hit at a time so they don't die.

As for does the game have a bug where the non-lethal effect remains even after you remove the Target Analysis kiroshi mod, I don't know since I don't use it. If I really need a non-lethal gun, my preferred choise is a smart gun with Pax mod.

Non-lethality is only really necessary for Regina Jones' cyberpsychos, or for roleplaying reasons, if you feel bad killing enemies that are basically "good guys" like some security guards. I've found that the best option is not to use any cyberware or mod but just reduce their hp normally with whatever you have and then switch to a good blunt melee (I am yet to find a better one than the, erm, penis) and go whacking them one-hit-at-a-time. If well timed, this will keep them unbalanced, unable to attack or even make them fall to the ground, and then very-carefully give them the final whonk. Doesn't work too well against melee enemies though, like the Ghost because they can block. There you have to use some other option.

Top Bottom