What game are you currently playing

+
So just finished Shadow of the Tom Raider :)
Then I jump to this nice game :

And to try my brand new "fiber connection"... finally... I recorded/uploaded a clip for fun while waiting for the end of the download of the game above :D
2 minutes, that the max that my Series X allow me to record in 4K... (don't watch my poor driving skill).
Congrats on the fiber :D Be prepared too start dling stuff you dont need and games you wont play :D

Xbox has a recording function? But why is it just 2 mins -.-

Xbox has a recording function? But why is it just 2 mins -.-
I suppose it's for "file size" reasons (if you transfert it on Xbox Live, it will directly ajust the resolution to 1080... But not on One Drive). Half a GB for 2 min of recording in this case, so I think that you could easily fill up your internal SSD while recording :D

I suppose with an external drive, you should be able to record more than 2 min :)

2 minutes, that the max that my Series X allow me to record in 4K... (don't watch my poor driving skill).

didnt know that you are into Ken Block or Drifting.... the Hoonicorn is still one of a kind <3 - but aren't there any races with more drift potential? I mean that's what its built for, no? :p

didnt know that you are into Ken Block or Drifting.... the Hoonicorn is still one of a kind <3 - but aren't there any races with more drift potential? I mean that's what its built for, no? :p
Nurburgring is my favorite circuit anyway, but I think that Mapple Valley could be nice or maybe Dubaï too :)
But it's just while waiting, I can't play this game for too long, I get bored quite quickly...

Geo Guessr — a very neat little ap for those who enjoy geography/travel. You are randomly placed somewhere in the world. Using tools like Google street view, you wander around and examine your surroundings to identify as precisely as possible where you were originally placed.

Elden Ring broke my heart.
The first half to two-thirds of the game is brilliant. It's sooooooooo good. It's borderline perfect!

Then, you fight a boss known as Radahn. It's here that I was utterly shocked. From this point forward, the game shifts into something that is almost the opposite of what SoulsBorne is all about. Enemies actually begin to rely on input-reading, frame-cancelling, wildly long invincibility frame spreads, ongoing chain attacks that cannot be interrupted, overlapping powers and AoE effects, abilities to instantly fly waaay out of the player's range (including for spells and missile weapons), extreme levels of resistance to almost everything, and grossly inflated health pools. What this essentially does is force players to either:

1.) Break their playstyle altogether and respec into a totally different character specifically catered to that boss.

or

2.) Sit and wait for bosses finish all their bullshit and nonsense, get a few quick attacks in, before the boss almost immediately becomes magically invincible or hops to the opposite end of the arena, becoming equally impossible to hit.

Even worse...the fights become really, really easy. Once you figure out the patterns, there's little to no risk. All you do is tap the same sequence of dodges or maneuver in the same pattern over and over and over and over again...waiting for your opportunity to fight back with 1-3 attacks. Endlessly. Or, you can go reconfigure your build to something you never intended to play and kill most bosses in 4-5 hits.

It's not only unrewarding and frustrating... it's boring.

It's also miles away from what From specifically set out to do with the original Demon Souls / Dark Souls games. It's leagues off from Bloodborne or Sekiru. Rather than unique and versatile encounters that let you play your character to its limits, resulting in vicious combat that is won or lost in about 90 seconds, Elden Ring devolves into a simple grind to whittle down a health bar.

I was enraptured by this game, but after fighting through most of the bosses in the Altus Plateu, Leyndell, and Mt. Gelmir...I just feel endlessly disappointed.

I think what happened was that they made the initial parts of the game so wonderfully expansive, filled with so much crazy stuff, that it became impossible for the devs to maintain the level of challenge for later parts. Player characters were just too strong by then. So rather than pulling out all the stops and creating really unique bosses...they copy-paste bosses and movesets from the early game and simply jack up the damage, stats, and health. The trouble is, it feels totally trifling. Instead of becoming more challenging...it actually becomes easier...but simply makes everything take much, much longer. It's not about learning to exploit your character's strengths: it's just endless repetition until you cheese enemies to death. Attempting anything else is almost instantly punished.

My love of the game was cracked in half.

Hence, I've been tackling the new content for Mechwarrior 5. (Melee weapons the size of minivans are fun!)
I picked up Mechwarrior 5 this weekend on the Steam sale. It's a lot of fun. The story is average at best, and the missions get repetitive quickly. But who cares? It's just fun to stomp around in a 100 ton mech. I haven't tried the new melee weapons yet.

As for Elden Ring, I found that modding the game to create a ridiculously overpowered cheat character that can one-shot dragons reduces a lot of the frustration later in the game.

Geo Guessr — a very neat little ap for those who enjoy geography/travel. You are randomly placed somewhere in the world. Using tools like Google street view, you wander around and examine your surroundings to identify as precisely as possible where you were originally placed.
It became too pay-to-play several months ago, but I used to play it an absolute ton. A lot of fun, and also educational. I enjoyed the detective work required to find out the country, US state, or exact location I was in.

Stumbeled over a video of KOTOR 2 so i just hade too replay it... 8 hours just vanished as i tryed too remember things and played my ass off ^^
Happens to me as well: everytime I'm reminded of that game I need to play it again, and everytime is different. I recently learned you can get the bonus dialogue with negative Influence, and I play like that ever since :coolstory:. Will KOTOR 2 ever stop spawning wonders?

Happens to me as well: everytime I'm reminded of that game I need to play it again, and everytime is different. I recently learned you can get the bonus dialogue with negative Influence, and I play like that ever since :coolstory:. Will KOTOR 2 ever stop spawning wonders?
Hehe im gonna have too do another replay of KOTOR too i feel. Forgotten pretty much everything about the game

I'm back into ESO in a big way again at the moment while I wait for Saints Row and Plague Tale Requiem, and after that likely Starfield and Hogwarts. Honestly, CDPR will have to do something impressive with CP77 to grab my attention again any time soon - fixing everything before an expansion, for example.

Except forza horizon 5 its battlefront (i mean version released about 2016?). Believe or not, there are still people who play it online. It looks the game is finally cheaters free.

Looks like I'm gonna spend my summer with Sims 4 :D (Bit of V-Rising and Ghostwire Tokyo too)

It all started with Valheim when I found out that there is a creative mode where you can easily build stuff without needing to actually gather the materials for it. Few harbors, market places and towns later I saw this video and sort of lost my control with the game...
After building so many mushroom lights that my fps dropped down to 27, someone suggested me Sims 4 "since you enjoy building".

And here we are now :D I don't even want to know anymore how many expansions and kits I have gotten for it. I seem to need all the decorations and furniture. I MUST have it all! I actually even played a bit and managed to build one household without helpful codes, but 99% of my time goes with building and decorations. Absolutely loving these creative approaches in games like these. It has been made so easy and yet again you can also smoothly jump into gameplay if you actually want to play.

Anyhoo... The other day I also got Ghostwire Tokyo for myself and managed to clear the tutorials in it. Game seems to be really insteresting with nice amount of horror spices in it. Expecting great fun with it. Gotta play a bit more today now that I have time again.

And then there is V-Rising. Even if I have always loved vampires, I doubt I would play this alone, but it has been really fun to play with friends.

Also finished Horizon Forbidden West a while back and loved every minute of it <3

Games games games! Now all I need is more time to play.

It all started with Valheim when I found out that there is a creative mode where you can easily build stuff without needing to actually gather the materials for it. Few harbors, market places and towns later I saw this video and sort of lost my control with the game...
After building so many mushroom lights that my fps dropped down to 27, someone suggested me Sims 4 "since you enjoy building".
Honestly, I can't say how many videos of this kind I watched to take inspirations, on quite a few games. Generally, it's when you finished a build that you find another video with even better ideas... And restart a new build :D

My playing time is currently shared between 3 games.
Metro Exodus
Graphics are gorgeous, but the story didn't really "catch me" (for now at least, I'll see later) and I don't really like the "cold", so maybe my less favorite one, just because of that... But remain a really great game.
01-07-2022_20-59-19-44j04gzg.jpeg

SW - Fallen Order
Maybe below the others in graphics, but I'm a fan so even if I have the impression to play a reskinned Tomb Raider, still a great and fun game (Just a funny "thing", there is a problem in cinematics, maybe due to the performance mode which "boost" FPS, but dialogues aren't well synchronized... More long are the cinematics, more the bug is obvious^^)
02-07-2022_13-12-34-sipafj4o.jpeg

02-07-2022_18-23-12-rluvenfj.jpeg
Guardians Of The Galaxy
This is the one that I wasn't sure that I would appreciate it. But surprisingly, it's the one which I have the more fun to play. Grahics are gorgeous (indeed), combats are "pleasant", nothing "special" here... But the amount of dialogues are outstanding and maybe most important, how "good" they are (indeed everything is translated in french). I'm just amazed...
I stayed almost 10 minutes before get out of the ship, simply to listening them, and the crew never stop talking once during all of this time. They didn't repeat themself, and only talk about the current "mission"... Even during quests, they keep talking about what you're doing, where you're going, what they're doing themself... It's impressive.
02-07-2022_02-12-52-egrms0zv.jpeg
02-07-2022_03-10-05-3eux3klq.jpeg

Top Bottom