Insane blinding level of eye adaptation/bloom in first person driving

+
hmm never seen it stay like that. For me it happends for a short time whenever i exit some tunnel or something witch i kinda guess is intentional(even that is annoying thb, i think they should tone it down some more). Is it like this all the time?

hmm never seen it stay like that. For me it happends for a short time whenever i exit some tunnel or something witch i kinda guess is intentional(even that is annoying thb, i think they should tone it down some more). Is it like this all the time?
Usually not that bad no, that was just the point where it made me take a screenshot and post this issue as it was a worse case scenario for this bug: Rayfield+around noon+outside the city. These are screenshots of what it normally looks like inside the car vs how it looks outside the car. Everything is super bright and washed out in first person.

First person: washed out, super bright
1-min.PNG

Post automatically merged:

Third person: normal colors and not overly bright
1a-min.PNG

Your on pc? Yea this really looks weird. I get it like i said at times for short periods but it returns too normal after a couple of seconds. Theres a mod on nexus for it if you are on pc that fixes it everywhere but in badlands i think (something about it beeing unfixeble by the modder there)

Yep, very strange :(
Few screenshots during day in the black caliburn. And like @Notserious80 said, sometimes it's very bright for a couple of secondes when you get out a dark area (to simulate the "blindy" moment when your eyes have to adapt to the light), but that's all.
20-07-2022_05-16-18-quhccgaw.jpeg20-07-2022_05-16-18-cdiggn0u.jpeg20-07-2022_05-16-17-d4kp0rmb.jpeg
I should recommand to contact the support ("Contact Us" button) and provide all of your specs and settings (and also a dxdiag).

Your on pc? Yea this really looks weird. I get it like i said at times for short periods but it returns too normal after a couple of seconds. Theres a mod on nexus for it if you are on pc that fixes it everywhere but in badlands i think (something about it beeing unfixeble by the modder there)
Yes I'm on PC, Ryzen 1700, 32gb DDR4, Radeon 6700xt forgot to mention that. And yeah the eye adaption when you get out of tunnels and stuff for a few seconds but this is constant and never goes away unless its dark outside. Late morning to early evening its always in this blinding state as long as your driving first person. First person on foot doesn't have any issue, only when driving it's weird. I tried that mod too and it helped a bit but issue is still defiantly noticeable. I think I'll do what @LeKill3rFou said and will post the issue to them with a dxdiag. Because that nexus mod has 77k downloads so others must be having this issue too

Yep, very strange :(
Few screenshots during day in the black caliburn. And like @Notserious80 said, sometimes it's very bright for a couple of secondes when you get out a dark area (to simulate the "blindy" moment when your eyes have to adapt to the light), but that's all.
View attachment 11311804View attachment 11311801View attachment 11311798
I should recommand to contact the support ("Contact Us" button) and provide all of your specs and settings (and also a dxdiag).
Thanks I'll submit it hopefully, something comes out of it cause i'd like to drive normally like you are in those pictures and finally be able cruise night city first person in the daytime too

Since you're on a PC, there's a mod on Nexus that used to help with this quite a lot: Eye Adaptation Auto Exposure Fix. I say used to, because I didn't reinstall it after I updated my computer a few months ago. But the last time I did use it, it worked great.

Edit: this is the mod that @Notserious80 was describing.

Since you're on a PC, there's a mod on Nexus that used to help with this quite a lot: Eye Adaptation Auto Exposure Fix. I say used to, because I didn't reinstall it after I updated my computer a few months ago. But the last time I did use it, it worked great.

Edit: this is the mod that @Notserious80 was describing.
Yeah I tried that mod I remember it working ok and it did help out a bit but the issue is still defiantly noticeable even with it installed

"INSANE BLINDING LEVEL OF EYE ADAPTATION/BLOOM IN FIRST PERSON DRIVING"

Strange. This issue was already fixed a couple of patches ago. You're playing on 1.52, right? Eitherway,
use this mod to move the driver's seat forward a little for the Aerondight to mitigate the blinding.

Fun fact: Wow... After using this for over a year, only now discovered this actually has a "Peek" backwards. Something I've always wanted and even posted a suggestion for.

Last edited:

Strange. This issue was already fixed a couple of patches ago. You're playing on 1.52, right? Eitherway,
use this mod to move the driver's seat forward a little for the Aerondight to mitigate the blinding.

Fun fact: Wow... After using this for over a year, only now discovered this actually has a "Peek" backwards. Something I've always wanted and even posted a suggestion for.
That's a great mod.

Yes i'm on 1.52, I went ahead and gave that mod a shot and if I move the camera way forward it fixes the issue but at that point your basically just` on the dashboard lol. Wish there was a way to just lock eye adaptation to one value

Seat position set to -16.5 Z:
Cyberpunk2077_2022.07.20-22.16.png

Seat position still moved forward quite a bit at -7.5 Z blinding lights:
Cyberpunk2077_2022.07.20-22.18.png

Yes i'm on 1.52, I went ahead and gave that mod a shot and if I move the camera way forward it fixes the issue but at that point your basically just` on the dashboard lol. Wish there was a way to just lock eye adaptation to one value

Seat position set to -16.5 Z:
View attachment 11311864

Seat position still moved forward quite a bit at -7.5 Z blinding lights:
View attachment 11311867

It isn't by far as bright in my game as it is in yours. But use this mod too in addition to the BVFP mod.

It isn't by far as bright in my game as it is in yours. But use this mod too in addition to the BVFP mod.

Yeah thats the mod that we where talking about earlier in the thread with @Notserious80 and @Spockprime who also recommended it, I have had it installed and it helps a bit but definatly doesn't fix the issue entirely. All the screenshots with the Quardra Type 66 car are with that mod installed, and with the most recent version of it from Nexus

Yeah thats the mod that we where talking about earlier in the thread with @Notserious80 and @Spockprime who also recommended it, I have had it installed and it helps a bit but definatly doesn't fix the issue entirely. All the screenshots with the Quardra Type 66 car are with that mod installed, and with the most recent version of it from Nexus
How is the blinding light in the Thorton Colby "Little Mule"? Asking, because that one used to suffer from it the most. If it's still blinding all the time, then I think that it still needs to be addressed for the PC specs you are using. I'm using an RTX 3070 Laptop for which it has wholly been mended.

Practically all the Quadras, the Aerondight and the Emperor which all initially suffered from it, had it all fixed.

How is the blinding light in the Thorton Colby "Little Mule"? Asking, because that one used to suffer from it the most. If it's still blinding all the time, then I think that it still needs to be addressed for the PC specs you are using. I'm using an RTX 3070 Laptop for which it has wholly been mended.

Practically all the Quadras, the Aerondight and the Emperor which all initially suffered from it, had it all fixed.
Never driven that car before but went ahead and gave it a go, actually turns out it seems to be one of the better ones with this issue, it's still noticeably to bright when as seen from the normal looking 3rd person view, but at least compared the other cars its not nearly as bad at least you can see the objects in front of you
Cyberpunk2077_2022.07.23-00.39-min.png

Cyberpunk2077_2022.07.23-00.39_1-min.png

Last edited:
Never driven that car before but went ahead and gave it a go, actually turns out it seems to be one of the better ones with this issue, it's still noticeably to bright when as seen from the normal looking 3rd person view, but at least compared the other cars its not nearly as bad at least you can see the objects in front of you
View attachment 11311976
View attachment 11311979
Then the fixes are working as intended in your game too.

Think the Reds concluded this issue fixed, so if you want to have it fixed for you, better forward a bug-report using the link LeKill3rFou provided, mentioning your system specs, and maybe also your graphics setup, so they can attempt to reproduce.

The thread isn't particularly growing with other people reporting the same issue, effectively meaning any attempts to reproduce may prove difficult. So give as much details as you can.

In the meantime the "Better Vehicle First Person" mod is your best bet, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Then the fixes are working as intended in your game too.

Think the Reds concluded this issue fixed, so if you want to have it fixed for you, better forward a bug-report using the link LeKill3rFou provided, mentioning your system specs, and maybe also your graphics setup, so they can attempt to reproduce.

The thread isn't particularly growing with other people reporting the same issue, effectively meaning any attempts to reproduce may prove difficult. So give as much details as you can.

In the meantime the "Better Vehicle First Person" mod is your best bet, I'm afraid.
Yeah I sent in a report with a dxdaig of my PC, hopefully something will come out of it tho I feel the chances are quite slim but I really like the game and it would be awesome to be able to drive around in first person during the day without being blinded. Maybe I could hire a modder is that a thing lol cause at the end of the day its a minor thing game still playable and great but its just a little annoyance that I have to wait till night to drive around in first person and third person during the days.

Hello,

this is still very much an issue and makes driving in first person impossible a lot of the time! I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet.

First person

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.11.05 - 22.49.56.96.jpg

Third person

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.11.05 - 22.50.04.82.jpg

Top Bottom