Cyberpunk 2077 World Events

+
Yo what's going on new here and really wanted to share my input on something that really stuck out to me in my playthroughs. I am talking about the events happening throughout the world as you play, those little random events that make the world that much more immersive. I didn't feel that while playing this game as much as I would have liked a few events maybe but generally the world just felt robotic and formulaic. For comparison I know two different genres but still same concept when playing RDR2 I really felt immersed in the world. Those little interactions you have with NPC' s throughout the game while exploring made it that much more engaging. Anyway, I was curious as to if anyone else felt like this that the game was great, but the world felt robotic the events just didn't feel natural in anyway. I am strictly talking about while out exploring the world/map not any kind of mission.

Yeah I agree.
Especially noticeable by the end (after you complete most of the NCPD events), as the city starts feeling even more deserted (no gunshots, people running away from an area,...)
But even when those events are present, npcs are presented as scenery more than interactable. One example is that when you "talk" to an NPC sometimes he'll say a line directed at V, other times they are commenting about something in the world, not directed at V. In this example I believe it's clear what they were going for is not interactivity, but world building through what they say. But it's weird for me. And not one thing or the other.
Love immersion in RDR2 also. The NPC interactions are on a different level. The complexity of the relationships with ALL the people from the camp is out of his world. CP didn't need to go that far but just the "normal NPC interaction" in RDR2 (friendly / antagonize - answer) is one that works very well. In CP it's not really here or there. They didn't "bring it home", as the sports saying goes.

Main difference between those 2 titles is a number of NPCs. You just cannot do that they way it is in small RDR2 world. With thousands NPCs, it is obvious that it has to be repetitive asset. I do think that game needs more of that open world conversations - at least just a couple of street NPCs doing custom activities which you talk to with for a while. They seemed to add something like that in 1.5 where theres a woman who lost a key in a pier - its pretty basic but I think they should continue that route.

Clearly a lof of weight in CP2077 went into main story and missions, leaving open world content with relatively small budget. I also do think that open world team should reduce number of gigs by 30% and expand them more into custom assets, extra dialogues and interactivity - as much as they nailed it with large number of paths to complete a gig, a lot of times they feel very simple. Knowing that most people will never complete most of them, it would be probably better to limit them but gives better expierence.

Yes I'm not trying to compare as in they should approach things the same. More like comparing how each approach was successful for what they set up to do. The friendly/antagonize was actually possible, there was repitition in RDR2 also here but the main point is its rules were clear. Arthur said something positive or negative to someone and they answered accordingly. In CP it's actually not clear what is happening.

PS. If a similar approach to friendly/antagonize was the choice in CP I actually think it would be easier NOT to be repetitive. Because it's strange for many people to be saying "wanna hear a joke?", and nothing happens rather than a short answer like "how you doing?" (yes I think V should talk if he's talking) "fuck off" - npc, especially because they want to portray a city where nobody cares about nobody else. So short answers to voiced V comments would be a lot more natural to me

Last edited:
I agree with both of you I also appreciate the actual responses that have some good points. I would take less NCPD missions if they increased the quality of the missions. I was a little disappointed there was no like NCPD route would have liked to play as a cop running around night city. I originally thought it would be in there and joining one of the gangs instead of just a few missions here and there. I thought you could join them I could have sworn that was in one of the interviews I watched. Fixing those would really up the quality of the side missions. It may be just me, but I also think side missions are too few would like to see them expanded. Can't wait for a DLC or another update.

Those random events distracted players from what they really want

A dead and barren game after you accomplish getting everything done. Now you can walk around and sight see with out the bother of having activities to do.

Because on console for sure, it's that type of thing that keeps games alive

Guest 3847602

Because on console for sure, it's that type of thing that keeps games alive
What does the platform have to do with it?
I'm playing on PC and I don't have the tiniest interest in eating/drinking/sitting animations, clubbing, dating, bowling, GTA-like rampages, car chases, radiant quests and whatever...
I beat the game, then play something else until I get the itch to start a new playthrough with new character.
It's not a live-service game, it's not subscription-based MMO. It's a 100% singleplayer, story-first RPG.. The exact type of game that can never be "dead".
I originally thought it would be in there and joining one of the gangs instead of just a few missions here and there. I thought you could join them I could have sworn that was in one of the interviews I watched.
That was never a thing:

Yo what's going on new here and really wanted to share my input on something that really stuck out to me in my playthroughs. I am talking about the events happening throughout the world as you play, those little random events that make the world that much more immersive.
Maybe as a small clarification: you mean those indicated by a blue star and red pusing circle then right?
I didn't feel that while playing this game as much as I would have liked a few events maybe but generally the world just felt robotic and formulaic. For comparison I know two different genres but still same concept when playing RDR2 I really felt immersed in the world. Those little interactions you have with NPC' s throughout the game while exploring made it that much more engaging. Anyway, I was curious as to if anyone else felt like this that the game was great, but the world felt robotic the events just didn't feel natural in anyway. I am strictly talking about while out exploring the world/map not any kind of mission.
Following up: not exactly sure what else you would have wanted to see considering what they represent. You get close to the marker and you basicaly find two parties locked in a gunfight. Sometimes 2 gangs facing off mostly though a gang versus police pretty much. And then during the "aftermath" either everyone is dead or the police are clearing up on the scene. And I dont know why they would have to be interacticle with "some random stranger".
I most some instances where you arrive and strat thrashing the party they even make you their enemy, which I find rather logical for the exact same reason: You barge in and start killing everything, why would either party (gang or police) not defend themselves from their new assailant.

My only gripe is that they always seem to be in the same locations and pretty much always the same setup. and thát is where you can see the formulaic nature become visible. I would've liked it if they were truly more random in "content" rather than just "when"
Same thing btw applies to "Assault in Progress" I wish they were splashed in over time rather than all being known exactly from the start.
Or- alternatively, make them all known from the start and then create some rotation where they are "active" or temporarily "subdued". Then the Assault in progress evets and the "red" events could function as two differently behaving random world events.
An additional thing one could do for Assault in Progress events is use the NCPD dispatcher in a sort of role that police is gonna stage an intervention and seeks 'help' from mercs, that way there's some narrative logic as to why those location are then 'known' up front. And if you don't react in time, the event temporarily disappears until a new flare-up. Another interesting thing here would be if multiple mercs show up, and it becomes a thug of war between mercs.

So, for me, the right idea is there, but it doesn't work properly anymore after the first time you come across them due to the repetitive setup.

Wonder if anyone would still play it in 2077, they way very few even today play +25 old games. Maybe it won't work on 'future hardwares'

The topic of the thread is NOT whether the game is an RPG.

Off-topic posts deleted. Please stay on topic, or do not post.

Also, please keep in mind that personal attacks are not welcome.

Top Bottom