Can we get an option to restrict the game to one apartment and max 3 cars at a time?

+
I know this is extremely *A* retentive of me. But it ruins logic, immersion and RP for me that V can basically pay for like 6 apartments. Rent. At the same time. Even with... story reasons (spoilers)... it doesn't make sense. Also having an entire fleet of cars to fuel, maintain, repair and have papers on is... just crazy. I have Asperger Syndrome not sure if being literally autistic is causing me these major grieveances over something which should be minor or a non-existing issue for most. However...

It just feels like such an unnecessary and over the top thing to own so many cars and apartments. If we were a corporate billionaire sure. But even with V's ... condition. It's still so illogical. Can we at least get an option to limit apartments to 1 at a time? Selling old ones for half the price when changing?

Also the Body perk "Hard Motherf*" tool tip still says 1 second when it lasts 10 seconds. Can you fix this too? Minor details like this is obsessive to me and keeps me up at night xD Ok maybe not that bad but still. New players probably think this perk is useless because the tooltip hasn't been updated from 1 to 10 yet.

Just for the love of god give us an option to sell cars and apartments or put a limit on them! I'm having IRL distress over my V as a character having to do paperwork on TWENTY CARS AND SIX APARTMENTS!

For cars and apartments, I don't think so. But you can do like me, don't buy any at all :)
(for apartment and cars, just hide the icons on the map and ignore them during the whole game).
Also the Body perk "Hard Motherf*" tool tip still says 1 second when it lasts 10 seconds. Can you fix this too? Minor details like this is obsessive to me and keeps me up at night xD Ok maybe not that bad but still. New players probably think this perk is useless because the tooltip hasn't been updated from 1 to 10 yet.
And about the perk, the best, it's to send a ticket directly to the support > "Contact Us" button ;)

I can boot the game up and have my character stay in his apartment all day and eat burritos. I don't because that would be very boring and in my mind not make any sense.

A soft-cap restriction: no.
An option to sell... I have made some suggestions about how this could work (fairly easy).

Mainly on cars, but what you could do is contact a fixer that IS NOT the original seller of that vehicle and 'ask' them if they can find a new buyer for the vehicle.
Then the fixer will call you back (or text or whatever)
And they suggest a price. For instance 50% of the initial price.
You can say that you accept that. And then the car is both removed from the list (your ownership) and from the map (maybe forever)
OR... You say you like to get a better offer for it.
Then there's a chance to sell for 75%, but this chance may be random, or depending on which fixer you contact, and take longer to arrange.
Fixer then calls you back again with either a new offer, or the old one. You can then still choose to sell or not sell.

Rough idea though, but I think befitting the game/narrative rather then just having a me hanical button.
Consider it a semi RP method of selling together with a sort of "random drop" with regards to the price.

I very rarely buy everything anyway, I like to restrict my playthrough as much as possible with rp rules.. so for my tyger claw,.. SMG's for weapons/smart weapons are fine. I chose the Turbo-R 740 that wakako sells and worked from the japantown apartment and there's plenty of gear to look the part.

I'm interested to what's coming in 1.6 and the expansion, I hope they expand the personalization

How are three cars less immersive than one?

Unless maybe you want a second, really fast one to zoom around as fast as possible to each of the main missions, in a frantic attempt to beat your two week deadline? Ignore every single side mission, because you only have two weeks left to live, and you have more than two weeks worth of non-stop work to do just in the main mission before then. Spend a few hours taking in the fantastic sights of the city? Congrats - you just cut your probability of surviving by about 50%.

My point is that almost nothing in the game is immersive in the context of the main story.

One of the bigger problems here is I think that you can own 7 cars halfway through the game while not having purchased so much as a soda.
I would say that the ability to sell a car sooner or later would only make sense.
I mean, in real life you exchange cars, buy or sell them at some point, so why can't V when she own 13 cars of which half were given by some rando stranger who is probably currently lying dead in the wasteland somewhere?
if I recall correctly, 3 or 4 cars are literally obtained with no owner of them... what force on earth can possibly stop V from making a big buck from selling those forgotten vehicles.

Only because I like black, would be reason to have black Caliburn, but why would I ever have two? --> why would I buy the other one?

Also having an entire fleet of cars to fuel, maintain, repair and have papers on is... just crazy. I

Speak for yourself. I'm currently designing a garage with 10 bays.

1973 Saab Sonnett
1974 Saab Sonnett
1989 Saab 900 Turbo
1998 VW Beetle
2013 VW Beetle
2016 Ford F150
2018 VW Tiguan
Mower
Tractor
Offroad utility vehicle

And I need to buy a beater Jetta to put 120k miles on it over the next 6 years to get the kids to and from school (25 miles each way makes for 100 miles per day)

One of the cars is mine. Two are my wife's. One is shared (will be two with the Jetta). The rest are my father in law's and he's going to live in the apartment above the garage.

So, not unrealistic to have a fleet of cars...

I don't think you buy every single thing that pops on your phone or someone offers you, right ?

Speak for yourself. I'm currently designing a garage with 10 bays.

1973 Saab Sonnett
1974 Saab Sonnett
1989 Saab 900 Turbo
1998 VW Beetle
2013 VW Beetle
2016 Ford F150
2018 VW Tiguan
Mower
Tractor
Offroad utility vehicle

And I need to buy a beater Jetta to put 120k miles on it over the next 6 years to get the kids to and from school (25 miles each way makes for 100 miles per day)

One of the cars is mine. Two are my wife's. One is shared (will be two with the Jetta). The rest are my father in law's and he's going to live in the apartment above the garage.

So, not unrealistic to have a fleet of cars...
A now translate this into V's character and position.
Your reasons for having all those those cars are your, but would they be V's?

For my V, certainely not, She generally only buy the Kusanagi.
But I watched a "a bunch" of playthroughs where players (meaning their Vs) wanted, planned an bought all the vehicules available.
So it depend :)

For my V, certainely not, She generally only buy the Kusanagi.
But I watched a "a bunch" of playthroughs where players (meaning their Vs) wanted, planned an bought all the vehicules available.
So it depend :)
True. But there's one thing you cant roleplay at this time, and thats the: "upgrade your ride as you be ome a better merc" and by upgrade I mean sell your old vehicle (or dispose of it for all I care) and get a newer, better one in its place.
Currently its only adding, rather than replacing.
And at some times when you view the map its funny to see 3 "your vehicle" items sprinkled throughout NC.

And also with the apartme ts you could say something similar, why wouldn't we be able to sell our old apartment to get that new one

or at least give the option to sort your vehicle list... putting your favorites on top. up until now I don't get the order anyway... its not like your newest is on top or bottom put anywhere between your old stuff... hmm

True. But there's one thing you cant roleplay at this time, and thats the: "upgrade your ride as you be ome a better merc" and by upgrade I mean sell your old vehicle (or dispose of it for all I care) and get a newer, better one in its place.
Currently its only adding, rather than replacing.
And at some times when you view the map its funny to see 3 "your vehicle" items sprinkled throughout NC.

And also with the apartme ts you could say something similar, why wouldn't we be able to sell our old apartment to get that new one
Yeah, be able sell your "old" car to buy a new/better one could be cool, But with a "big" warning like :
Do you really want to sell this car ? You won't be able to acquire it again ! > Yes - No
Like for iconic/legendary items when you try to sell or dismantle them). The same for appartement :)

Even if I never sold a single car since I'm able to drive. I'm lucky enough to have a way to "store" cars, so either they go to the car scrapyard (because accident or end of life...), either I kept and drive them time to time because I freaking love them (I have 4 cars and few bikes...).

But about the OP, to add a "restriction" about how many vehicles are available to purchase wouldn't add anything... You don't want buy all the cars, don't buy all the cars :)

A now translate this into V's character and position.
Given the money that V is making in the time frame they are making it, yes. You're talking hundreds of thousands of eddies (if not millions) made in a matter of a month or so.

Given the money that V is making in the time frame they are making it, yes. You're talking hundreds of thousands of eddies (if not millions) made in a matter of a month or so.
on the other hand why should one buy 20 cars and 5 appartments, knowing you are going to die in the next 2 weeks?

This new playthrough I wish to collect all the cars, to this end I have made a naive streetcar racer. she into cars big time and started doing jobs to get some money t buy cars. The heist seems like a great opportunity for some good eddies. (she sided with evelyn 50% sounds better than what dex was offering plus I said she was naive so she doesn't know what a greedy amateur evelyn is)

when she gets the chip in her head damn right she's going to fulfil her wish before she dies. As the cloud woman says, "you've never let a thing like certain death get in the way of your dreams before" at which point she'll set her sights on collecting all the cars she can. The quest to save her life will come second to that although she'll work on both at the same time.

Top Bottom