Low FPS with Low GPU utilization

+
Does anyone know a potential fix for the issue I'm having? When I got on patch 1.52 my performance tanked hard. I only get around 10-20 fps with RTX off, DLSS on, and playing at 2k resolution. I use the geforce experience recommended settings for the game. This framerate does not change no matter what graphics preset I use (low, medium, or high) or what resolution I play at. I'm running with an Intel i7-11700k, RTX 3060 12 GB VRAM, 32 GB of RAM, and running from an nvme SSD. My GPU utilization is low, when I ran afterburner it reports a usage range of about 20%-45%. I have ran this game perfectly fine on a gaming laptop with i7 9th gen, an RTX 2060 6GB, and 16GB of RAM, on high settings albeit being on patch 1.3. Some things I have already tried is a clean install of GPU drivers with DDU twice, lowering crowd density, changing Nvidia panel settings, ensuring xmp was on in my BIOS, reinstalling the game, changing game setting presets, changing to a lower resolution, setting the game to high priority, changing my power plan to high performance, disabled all overlays, and reinstalled the game twice. If anyone has any advice or things for me to try I would appreciate it. If it helps any, my CPU usage is 70%-85% with temps around 35 degrees Celsius. Thank you for your time.

While waiting advices/tips from more experienced members :
- Disable any kind of overlay (like Xbox Bar, enabled by default on Windows)
- Send a ticket to the support, with DxDiag, Benchmark and as much details as possible ("Contact Us" button)

Does anyone know a potential fix for the issue I'm having? When I got on patch 1.52 my performance tanked hard. I only get around 10-20 fps with RTX off, DLSS on, and playing at 2k resolution. I use the geforce experience recommended settings for the game. This framerate does not change no matter what graphics preset I use (low, medium, or high) or what resolution I play at. I'm running with an Intel i7-11700k, RTX 3060 12 GB VRAM, 32 GB of RAM, and running from an nvme SSD. My GPU utilization is low, when I ran afterburner it reports a usage range of about 20%-45%. I have ran this game perfectly fine on a gaming laptop with i7 9th gen, an RTX 2060 6GB, and 16GB of RAM, on high settings albeit being on patch 1.3. Some things I have already tried is a clean install of GPU drivers with DDU twice, lowering crowd density, changing Nvidia panel settings, ensuring xmp was on in my BIOS, reinstalling the game, changing game setting presets, changing to a lower resolution, setting the game to high priority, changing my power plan to high performance, disabled all overlays, and reinstalled the game twice. If anyone has any advice or things for me to try I would appreciate it. If it helps any, my CPU usage is 70%-85% with temps around 35 degrees Celsius. Thank you for your time.
Try cleaning out your system. See if that improves FPS ratings somewhat. Can also consider to switch off Ray-Tracing, since that came with 1.5 and is extremely taxing.

When you say you changed Nvidia pannel setting, what do you mean exactly?

Any chance you've tried forcing your PC to use your dedicated GPU manually instead of letting it decide? From everything you've tried, it does sound like your PC might be prioritizing your integrated GPU instead of your 3060.

You can change that in your Nvidia control panel under "Manage 3D setting". Either change the global settings to force using your GPU, if you do that you also have to make sure CP2077 is set to use the global settings, or you can change CP2077's specifically.

Also force it under windows -> right click your desktop -> display settings -> scroll down and go to graphics settings -> click browse and locate CP2077's executable (your install path ->bin ->x64 -> Cyberpunk2077.exe) then add it. By default it should be set to "let windows decide". Click on it -> options and change it to high performance which should be your 3060.

Try cleaning out your system. See if that improves FPS ratings somewhat. Can also consider to switch off Ray-Tracing, since that came with 1.5 and is extremely taxing.
I never had ray tracing on for this game.

When you say you changed Nvidia pannel setting, what do you mean exactly?

Any chance you've tried forcing your PC to use your dedicated GPU manually instead of letting it decide? From everything you've tried, it does sound like your PC might be prioritizing your integrated GPU instead of your 3060.

You can change that in your Nvidia control panel under "Manage 3D setting". Either change the global settings to force using your GPU, if you do that you also have to make sure CP2077 is set to use the global settings, or you can change CP2077's specifically.

Also force it under windows -> right click your desktop -> display settings -> scroll down and go to graphics settings -> click browse and locate CP2077's executable (your install path ->bin ->x64 -> Cyberpunk2077.exe) then add it. By default it should be set to "let windows decide". Click on it -> options and change it to high performance which should be your 3060.
Already did all of that. Afterburner also lists it as my Nvidia RTX 3060.

I have went back to patch 1.3 with not much difference in performance. The strange thing is is that it runs smoother, no insane frame drops, but it will not go past 30 fps. I do not have vsync on or the frame limiter in the settings on. I have also disabled vsync in my nvidia control panel. The GPU utilization is still low. This is the only game it happens to. RDR2 and Witcher 3 run fine.
Post automatically merged:

I fixed the problem by reinstalling Windows 11. Thank you for your suggestions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom