To the Cyberpunk Community

+
The more I play this game, the more the design choices click and make sense. I burned out on it 2 weeks after launch because I was tired of just jumping from gig to gig and wanted to have more ways to enjoy the city. I still want that, but some of these areas where the action take place really grips and immerses me. Recently having better performance than ever with a fancy new RTX card definitely helps.

The world just needs more fleshing out and polish. I'm hopeful that the expansion can do just that.

Look i understand you all hate the issues this game has and yes at times it can be annoying when you run into things that ruin the game for ya, but give CD PROJEKT RED a chance to finish this game. I truly believe that they will give us an amazing game and the fact that this game was rushed is one reason why its not all the way completed yet but as someone with 1,900 hours on this game even if it takes till 2023 I believe it is worth the wait. You can look into the past of this company and see that they have made some amazing games one being Witcher 3 and though I do not like the 1 time only +newgame they gave that game i still Love the game and believe its proof that CD PROJEKT RED knows what they are doing. I always read this bs online about how Cyberpunk was a complete Failure something most people are unaware of (and if you look online you can find articles about it) is the fact that the dev's got death threats over Cyberpunk which should not have been allowed to happen. Look even if it takes till 2023 or even 2024 the game is not fully broken I've played it over and over again 12 times and have only ran into a few bugs (Some which are funny as hell like cars shooting up into the air lol) so it is playable....give them time to finish it.
Well said LaMar, been "preaching" this ever since 2018/19, that the devs should take all the time they need.
Sadly, here we are, aye? I simply wish for the devs (and my friends there) not to overwork themself.

Nonetheless, many as well as myself expecting the game to change, more or less.
Aka
Expecting the devs to bring it closer to the vision that was shown in 2018 Demo.
This does take time, specially now, so yes i am completely with you here.
Even if it take till next year, if the end result is turning this good game in a exellent one
that can mop the floor with the competition, then i say waiting patiently is absolutely worth it.
And waiting patiently we all should.

Here's an anecdote or my perspective:

When the hype about No Man's Sky became bigger and bigger (probably THE most hyped game besides CP2077), I was also full of anticipation and watched almost everything about it.
Nevertheless, I always stayed grounded, and found everything that came in that direction (concerning the game) good.

When, as with CP2077, the pressure to release the game and the expectations became stronger and stronger, the game came out prematurely.
Everyone hounded and hounded that supposedly nothing that was thought by many was present in the finished game.
I bought the game on release day and loved everything about it.

After all, the original idea was still there.

So even before the Foundation Update (1st content update), I had already played over 200 hours, and was fully satisfied with what was already offered.
In the meantime, the game has been renewed with dozens of updates. So that now suddenly everyone is claiming that the game is now what they expected (even though in most updates there was content that was never announced in the first place).

I myself feel that the original idea of No Man's Sky is unchanged, and I don't see what makes the game more worth playing. In my opinion, all the updates so far have been of a superficial nature rather than improving the basic mechanics (there are still no real enemies or real dangers for what you have to/can explore and collect for resources).

That's basically how I see it with Cyberpunk2077.

I was fascinated by the idea from the beginning, as a cyberpunk-themed fan (Blade Runner), had played The Witcher 3 from its initial release in 2015, completely flashed by the atmosphere, and have therefore been following the game CP2077 since the first trailer.
Since the game came from CDProjektRed, I was sure that the game would have a good atmosphere and was just happy for everything that came.

When the hype for Cyberpunk2077 increased immeasurably, especially because of the public relations for it (similar to NoMansSky), the mismanaged pressure in everything increased to the scheduled release date.

This game also came out too early in every respect as a result.
Nevertheless, the game was there in its original idea and atmosphere, just like No Mans Sky.

So again, I took and still take the game for what it is, and have fun with it. Since I was and am a fan of the idea (as with No Man's Sky), even a very big fan.

Of course, The Witcher 3 offered more storylines and as many say, many more choices. Nevertheless, I was also satisfied with what I got in CP2077. As the basic idea and atmosphere, and for me especially the moving, exploring and fighting in the world of my dreams (cyberpunk theme) was and is there.

In contrast to The Witcher 3 (since I'm not such a big fantasy fan) the running around and fighting there in the endgame didn't have as much replay value for me. So after the story of The Witcher 3, that was more or less the end for me.
Due to my interest in the subject matter and focus, Cyberpunk 2077 has more replay value and is therefore more appealing.

So, like everything in life, it's a question of one's own perspective and taste in games.

Nevertheless, and this is what I wanted to say with the examples mentioned here: - that you should always see the game as such that you get. And not what you would like to have and thought is impossible to fulfil in all or special aspects. Especially if you know the background around such a release.

Because that in no way does justice to what you get (like CP2077 in its coherence and atmosphere).

Nonetheless, I would like to see the monorail system work and to be able to use airborne vehicles. Night City in particular, with all its verticality, is tailor-made for this and is therefore my dream.
(I play on an XBOX Series S)

I've written a letter, of thanks, to CDPR. As soon as I get 10 replies I will post it here (and reddit, and twitter)

I had less bugs, but I noticed more of the things that aren't in the game, and what the player cant actually do.

Its a competent game, but to me, it a dolled up Far Cry style of game with a fairly decent story tagged on to it.

There were/are bugs, but its good to see that CDPR didn't abandon it and have kept patching it. Though its rumoured that the 2 large DLC's may be cut down to 1 instead. 1 larger one as big as the 2 previously announced? Who knows, but here's to hoping.

Just throwing this out there but perhaps the reason they're dropping Red Engine directly correlates to the time they were hacked.
Also, most people including myself have a reasonable understanding of how UE4 or 5 works if they have some form of Game Art background.
A lot easier to hire someone who can hit the ground running rather than worrying about training.

I think the decision to go with UE5 probably predates the hack - and would have been a response to the difficulties the devs were having with Red Engine during the development of CP2077.

Cheers!

I want to love this game, but it's breaking my heart that it's still so broken even 3 years after launch.
Have you tried starting a new playthrough? In another thread you mention using a save from a different console generation literally several years old. It's not ideal, but the game has gone through a lot of patches and your old save may well, unfortunately, be the problem.

Have you tried starting a new playthrough? In another thread you mention using a save from a different console generation literally several years old. It's not ideal, but the game has gone through a lot of patches and your old save may well, unfortunately, be the problem.
Nah 2.1 is most probably the problem… 1.63 was great, 2.0 was okay but seriously 2.1… just brought back 1.0 vibes : /
Post automatically merged:

I want to love this game, but it's breaking my heart that it's still so broken even 3 years after launch.
Its not „still“ but again… it was kinda good on the last few patches/versions up till they released the ultimate edition/patch 2.1

Nah 2.1 is most probably the problem… 1.63 was great, 2.0 was okay but seriously 2.1… just brought back 1.0 vibes : /
I think it's both, old saves have more issues due to the many gameplay changes und new stuff they added.

I have reproducible issues with my save that I started on 2.02, that I don't have with my new safe started on 2.1. And that's just from one patch before.

But I can confirm, 2.1 has (too) many issues on it's own when played with a freshly started playthrough.

but give CD PROJEKT RED a chance to finish this game.
I know this post is a year old, but the game was still out for two years when this comment was made, so I have to say that this comment is wild. They had a chance to finish the game before they released it. I can believe that we are in a world where video game companies release broken messed up unfinished games only to grab a quick profit and expect people to eat it and smile, but I find it hard to grasp that people will defend this bad behaviour and act like people who are complaining about this are being unreasonable. Imagine you go to a restaurant, pay for the meal upfront, wait half an hour and your meal comes out frozen in the middle after already starting to eat it and when you complain, some random customer who also has a frozen meal goes 'WELL WAIT A MINUTE, GIVE THE CHEF SOME TIME TO COOK THIS'

Top Bottom