Getting low FPS after loading a save

+
Hey everyone. When i launch the game and load my save, everything is fine and i am getting smooth FPS but whenever i load a checkpoint save after i die or anything, I am getting low FPS in the same area where i was getting a smooth 70 FPS. My FPS drops to 50's in the same place where I was getting 70 FPS. Does anyone else have this problem? I am running the game on Ultra/High/Medium mixed settings with RT Medium + Reflections on 1440p with a 3070 Ti / 5600x, 32 GB 3600mhz RAM and Gen 4. M.2 SSD. Have a nice day everyone.

Hey everyone. When i launch the game and load my save, everything is fine and i am getting smooth FPS but whenever i load a checkpoint save after i die or anything, I am getting low FPS in the same area where i was getting a smooth 70 FPS. My FPS drops to 50's in the same place where I was getting 70 FPS. Does anyone else have this problem? I am running the game on Ultra/High/Medium mixed settings with RT Medium + Reflections on 1440p with a 3070 Ti / 5600x, 32 GB 3600mhz RAM and Gen 4. M.2 SSD. Have a nice day everyone.
Am also suffering from FPS drops on PC, but not particularly when reloading a save.

If there are no mods involved, and it is fairly easy to reproduce, then consider to post a bug-report to Support. Can use the link below. Just select what counts for you until you stumble on a tab that says "Contact us".

Am also suffering from FPS drops on PC, but not particularly when reloading a save.

If there are no mods involved, and it is fairly easy to reproduce, then consider to post a bug-report to Support. Can use the link below. Just select what counts for you until you stumble on a tab that says "Contact us".

Thank you for your answer. Did you manage to find a solution or something to slow down the issue? Also could you please write me your system specs?

same. Idem when I enter/exit the map or in crafting/inventory menu. They've never solved this issue. And the more I play more the game slow down and I need to exit on windows and restart the game (memory leak?)

Thank you for your answer. Did you manage to find a solution or something to slow down the issue? Also could you please write me your system specs?
The game itself is suffering from stutter issues that the developers are working on for some time now.

As for myself, have hundreds of mods running in the game, my laptop is in dire need to be dusted out, the hot weather makes it difficult for the laptop to maintain its optimal operating temperature, and it is desirable to give it a stronger electricity feed, as the current one gets so hot, especially when playing Cyberpunk, that you could sustain 2nd degree burns if you hold it long enough.

To mitigate the stutter, have switched off Ray-Tracing for now, set DLSS on 'High performance', '0 Sharpness', and keep the speed below 80mph in and around high tax spots.

It works for me. FPS fluctuates around 17 in high tax spots, and can go as high as 45 outside of those. Can try it too. Nothing else to do but wait for patch 1.6 and hope it'll solve the stutter.

Have an RTX 3070. On Steam, Windows 10.

It is cool they are working on the issues. Cheers and godspeed!

I wonder if the fps drop issue really is a VRAM management problem as I hypothesized here. Yes, there I felt down about any changes coming up.

The only spot where FPS consistently drops to 40s (from, say 100+ or 170+) for me is here:

It isn't due to a hardware bottleneck methinks, both CPU and GPU get lazy in that area. It is almost as if fps is bound by an internal tick of sorts. RAM, I hear you say? It was 32 GB, 4000 MHz CL15, err... no, 3733 MHz CL14 with fine-tuned ternary timings. If the memory serves me well, it amounted to ca. 42 ns latency back then. That kit (G.Skill F4-4000C15Q-32GTZR) got even better utilized with the 12th gen intel. It is far from slow even on its vanilla XMP settings.

Ftr, PC specs:

specs.png

And yea, that is a recording from the vanilla game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom