Anyone kinda surprised 1.6 isn’t out yet?

+
Sarcasm, what can you do.

To be honest I have tried to play the game three times and gave up, at launch, 1.3 and 1.5, still waiting for it to be ready.
Each time I have restarted the game and somehow my GOG shows 49h in game, beyond me, I might've left the computer on inside Cyberpunk menu and it was still counting the minutes. After the intro I've done less than 5 side missions, as I didn't want to spoil the story, and explored the map, that's about it.
I'm curious to see what 1.6 will bring, if AI and Police are OK, then i'll give it a GO otherwise personally will wait until expansion is release, I'll buy it, silly me, most likely a lot of stuff people requested or not will be added, keep in mind they are working in parallel since immediately after launch, it should be massive if you ask me, fingers crossed.
To end this in a positive note, thank you for the game and good luck to the team working on it, we can see the passion, hard work and dedication, it's there, you just needed more time!

Maybe you should play on console. :shrug:

It would be pretty cool if it came out the same day as the show and had a couple of gigs that directly tie into the lore of the show or something like that... along with a few items that also make reference to the show. That would be pretty awesome - it's also what I imagine they are doing with the 'Next Gen' version of The Witcher 3, with the 'show' DLC that they mentioned.

From a marketing and promotion standpoint I wonder if it is wise to release the game content and show on the same day though. Doesn't that, in some ways, pit them against one another for your fans attention? Seems like it might be a better idea to release it a week before or a week after the show drops to either hype people for the show or use the show to hype people for 1.6.

It would be pretty cool if it came out the same day as the show and had a couple of gigs that directly tie into the lore of the show or something like that... along with a few items that also make reference to the show. That would be pretty awesome - it's also what I imagine they are doing with the 'Next Gen' version of The Witcher 3, with the 'show' DLC that they mentioned.

From a marketing and promotion standpoint I wonder if it is wise to release the game content and show on the same day though. Doesn't that, in some ways, pit them against one another for your fans attention? Seems like it might be a better idea to release it a week before or a week after the show drops to either hype people for the show or use the show to hype people for 1.6.
Fully agree, give me the patch this afternoon, I've got the evening off.... Then I'll be hyped for the anime ;)

I don't see how it would divide players attention. Or even why it would matter if it did. It's not like there is a time limit or a price attached to the patch and while there is a price tag attached to the series, anyone who pays for Netflix gets access. They're not competing products. Someone who owns the game and wants to watch the show will most likely try both 1.6 and the series.

If anything, like the Witcher series, it'll manage to draw more interest to the IP as a whole. Probably drive sales. I suspect CP2077 will go on sale around the same time too.

I don't see how it would divide players attention. Or even why it would matter if it did. It's not like there is a time limit or a price attached to the patch and while there is a price tag attached to the series, anyone who pays for Netflix gets access. They're not competing products. Someone who owns the game and wants to watch the show will most likely try both 1.6 and the series.

If anything, like the Witcher series, it'll manage to draw more interest to the IP as a whole. Probably drive sales. I suspect CP2077 will go on sale around the same time too.

First day viewership on Netflix and player metrics matter... a lot.

It lets them show Netflix their show was a big deal. It lets them show investors people are starting to get interested in the game again. I would imagine that they want both of those as high as possible upon release.

See, I believe that the release of the new patch may be very close. Really close! Almost always when GFN (GeForce Now) appears, a new patch is about to be released. And I point out the following: this patch 1.6 is the most tested in the history of CP2077. Let's wait. I hope it's as soon as possible. And don't destroy the installed mods...
That was about 13 hours ago. :sneaky::rolleyes:
Captura de Tela (407).png

Oh yeah, this is it... all aboard, choo choo!
"We welcome you in the Cyber-Express on the way to 1.6. Make yourself comfortable, we will probably reach our destination very soon... Maybe, at least we'll hopefully... We hope you have a pleasant trip with us !"
Cyberpunk2077-express.jpg

Joke aside, I wait "patiently impatiently" because it will be awesome I'm sure. And the September 13, that's for sure, I know what I'll do in any case :D
Capture d’écran 2022-09-02 à 04.31.14.jpg

Last edited:

It lets them show Netflix their show was a big deal. It lets them show investors people are starting to get interested in the game again. I would imagine that they want both of those as high as possible upon release.
The Netflix Resident Evil series first day viewership mattered a lot

First day viewership certainly matters but it's far less relevant than you seem to think.

As @Iferrebee pointed out, Resident Evil's day 1 viewership was extremely high. Didn't matter one bit. The landscape has changed drastically over the last decade. A series like Squid Game would've flopped horribly 15 years ago. A low key September 17, 2021 South Korean release that no one heard about that went viral about two weeks later and then became Netflix most watched show ever.

Netflix is far more interested in a series retention abilities, how many of it's users watch it overall and over what period of time, which ties in with retention ability. If it generates buzz on social media on top of that? You got a winner on your hands. It's all about keeping them subscription going. People binging an entire series in a day is not conducive to keeping them subscribing and is why Netflix is largely re-thinking it's model.

The same applies to CDPR and it's investors. Day one of a patch for a single player game that released almost two years ago will absolutely lead to a surge in players but is not as relevant as many other metrics to gauge interest in their products. For example, it's far more relevant to look at how CP2077 still climbs to the #1-5 top sellers on Steam whenever it is on sale regardless of what other products are on sale. It shows a clear pattern of player interest in the game and the genre. Peak players on patch day isn't that relevant to a single player game like CP2077, a sudden raise in players is to be expected but so is the sudden, and most likely extreme, drop in players once people have seen what the patch is. The game isn't getting a makeover. At least, not as far as we know.

Peak players on day one of the expansion is a whole other matter but patch day isn't nearly as important.

Last edited:
I'd just like to say that I haven't got Tuesday afternoon free :cry:
Unfortunate :(
(even a sneaky "stream watching" on a phone ?^^)
Knowing that if it's like the 1.3 stream and 1.3 update, the replay of the stream will be release after the update itself.

Unfortunate :(
(even a sneaky "stream watching" on a phone ?^^)
Knowing that if it's like the 1.3 stream and 1.3 update, the replay of the stream will be release after the update itself.

Speaking of, does anyone remember if the previous patches came after the livestream?

Side note: I find it interesting that they're not calling it 1.6? Just patch as for now.

Top Bottom