Crafting / Weapon system

+
I don't know if it just me but the whole weapon "crafting" system seems very weird to me.

1. Leveling up your weapon
Leveling the weapon you like gets exponentionally more costly, compared to getting a "higher level" weapon and upgrading that.
Makes no sense to me.

2. Scrapping / switching mods / sights
If you want to play around and try different weapons you use up your scopes and add-ons. There's a perk that lets you keep add-ons, but I don't think it is working as intended. Also, after one of the new updates some scopes and addons can only be used on certain weapons and only in certain quantities? It is very difficult to figure all these things out since there barely are any hints to what goes were on most scopes/mods. But as I mentioned, the biggest thing to me would be to customize my weapon without having to find duplicate parts everything I want to try something new.

3. Rarity / item level
The colors and item levels are incredible confusing to me. I wish this system was re-done in a way that makes sense. I would prefer if the colors were bound to categories (weapon/healing/addons) instead of rarity, and that item level was more of a teller of "rarity". The "hype" when I see purple or orange (legendary) is gone so fast when you realise there's pretty much no point of the colors.

4. Ammunition
This might be tied to difficulty? Not sure since I think I always play on the hardest difficulty. But I think the ammunition system is really stupid.

If I want to use pistol, let me use my "ammo capacity" for pistol ammo. Why do you have to force me to switch between different guns just to save up ammunition when I for some reason can carry so much of a type I don't even use? And there's nothing stopping you from going over capacity. If I am full on pistol ammo I can still loot and buy more that just dissapears without you realising before it is too late.

---
There are probably a thousand other things I could point out that I find lacking or underdeveloped with the weapon/crafting system. But I think these are the major things and I find it weird that there is so little talk about it. I havn't heard anyone mention the need to change your look in your apartment but I have heard so many complaints about the weapon system.

3. Rarity / item level
The colors and item levels are incredible confusing to me. I wish this system was re-done in a way that makes sense. I would prefer if the colors were bound to categories (weapon/healing/addons) instead of rarity, and that item level was more of a teller of "rarity". The "hype" when I see purple or orange (legendary) is gone so fast when you realise there's pretty much no point of the colors.
For weapons/clothes, rarity change the number of mod slot, nothing more (like in TW3).

1. Leveling up your weapon
Leveling the weapon you like gets exponentionally more costly, compared to getting a "higher level" weapon and upgrading that.
Makes no sense to me.
This ensures that you have to be tactical with your iconic weapons and when to upgrade them all the way up to legendary. That way you don't just rush Edgerunner Artisan, turn your favourite iconic into legendary and indefinitely just upgrade to level 50.
It's all about resorce managment since rarer resources cost money and you need to balance where to spend your money (assuming you're not exploiting). It also encourages you to try out new weapons when the old one becomes too expensive to upgrade.
If upgrade cost was tied to the item level instead, that would ultimately destroy the economy because you might have like five different high level guns and basically go bankrupt after just one upgrade.

So maybe not the perfect system but I get what the devs were after here and at least for me it works :)

For weapons/clothes, rarity change the number of mod slot, nothing more (like in TW3).
It also determines what rarity of mods you can use since 1.5. So now you can't place an epic mod on a rare item or a rare mod to an uncommon item.

Top Bottom