*NEW* Definitive guide to modding

+
After the recent RedMod integration, I'm sure there's a bunch of people who want to jump into the modding scene, including me.

Anyone who's been in the modding scene and understands what redmod brings to the table, could you please list down how and what we can mod, and with the inclusion of the new tool, to what extent can we mod?
For example, if I wanted to make a quest, how would I go about it? Or make a certain place into a player apartment, or even further, if I wanted to work on a multiplayer mod.
Just want to know the ins and outs of this.
Thank you!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you're just asking for this way too early.

From my little bit of time with it, it'll allow some pretty extensive modifications/additions but everyone is still pretty much figuring it out. The few mods that are making use of REDmod are just early attempts at figuring it out.

In other words, your thread will most likely disappear into oblivion before people have enough information for any kind of guide/instructions to be made or to perfectly list REDmod's limitations.

Additionally, you'll want to look for various Discord servers for this. There are quite a few out there and some are public, so just join and ask your questions. Generally speaking, the modding community is very open to helping newbies.

After the recent RedMod integration, I'm sure there's a bunch of people who want to jump into the modding scene, including me.

Anyone who's been in the modding scene and understands what redmod brings to the table, could you please list down how and what we can mod, and with the inclusion of the new tool, to what extent can we mod?
For example, if I wanted to make a quest, how would I go about it? Or make a certain place into a player apartment, or even further, if I wanted to work on a multiplayer mod.
Just want to know the ins and outs of this.
Thank you!
Best to start by asking for help on the modding Discord. Modders that made the most coolest of coolest mods, started their modding careers from there.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you're just asking for this way too early.

From my little bit of time with it, it'll allow some pretty extensive modifications/additions but everyone is still pretty much figuring it out. The few mods that are making use of REDmod are just early attempts at figuring it out.

In other words, your thread will most likely disappear into oblivion before people have enough information for any kind of guide/instructions to be made or to perfectly list REDmod's limitations.

Additionally, you'll want to look for various Discord servers for this. There are quite a few out there and some are public, so just join and ask your questions. Generally speaking, the modding community is very open to helping newbies.
Makes sense. I was thinking more from the angle of CDPR working directly with a certain subset of the Wolvenkit team, so I thought those guys would definitely know more and publish an article, video or something of the likes. Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Best to start by asking for help on the modding Discord. Modders that made the most coolest of coolest mods, started their modding careers from there.
Sounds good, I'll head over there rn. Thank you 👍

Makes sense. I was thinking more from the angle of CDPR working directly with a certain subset of the Wolvenkit team, so I thought those guys would definitely know more and publish an article, video or something of the likes. Thanks!👍

In due time they very well might. The thing with this kind of tool is that even those who make them usually don't know how extensive the modifications can get until it hits the public and people start tinkering with it in very unexpected ways.

The official CP2077 modding community Discord is your best starting point at this point in time.

Makes sense. I was thinking more from the angle of CDPR working directly with a certain subset of the Wolvenkit team, so I thought those guys would definitely know more and publish an article, video or something of the likes. Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Sounds good, I'll head over there rn. Thank you 👍
Besides the official docu :

Cyberpunk 2077 — from the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Respectively:

There is this, which according to rfuzzo will be updated before the official docu:

REDmod - Cyberpunk 2077 Modding (redmodding.org)

Btw. the official docu got updated too today.

Discord is definately a good idea:

[Link removed. Ask for it via PM.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides the official docu :

Cyberpunk 2077 — from the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Respectively:

There is this, which according to rfuzzo will be updated before the official docu:

REDmod - Cyberpunk 2077 Modding (redmodding.org)

Btw. the official docu got updated too today.

Discord is definately a good idea:

[Link removed. Ask for it via PM.]
Could i get a link to the scord? Also IDK if you can PM on here? I guess?

Top Bottom