NEW EXPANSION SPECULATION

+
Mi bet is we play as Johnny.And i dare ti say they will add onether ending to the game to make more sense.That shot os from the Stadium,and in the beguining you can the stadium being worked on.So crazy stuff,or we go back in time,or it is really in blackwall.

One question I have is... how much content is going to be in it?

Given that it is the only expansion - I imagine that it has to be enormous. I'm definitely hoping for "Blood and Wine" and not "Hearts of Stone" since it is looking like we are just getting one.

Frankly, I wouldn't get your hopes on it. I'm fully expecting a Heart of Stone over Blood and Wine level expansion.

It most likely will mostly take place in now inacessible part of pacifica, beyond the barbed wire and defunct sentry guns.
Plot? My bet the POTUS' plane gets shot down over NC and crash lands in Pacifica, and Militech tasks V with getting her back. I could hope for reuniting with Meredith Stout, but she's not in the teaser. It could open possibilities to work with NUSA/Militech towards another ending. The Eagle Ending? Sounds cool :)
Someone has seen Escape from New York. ;-)

The main story of Hearts of Stone took about 10 hours to beat. There was about 4 hours worth of side content and a new system or two introduced.

The main story of Blood and Wine was about 15 1/2 hours to beat. It had about 13-15 hours of side content.

And that's assuming you're not doing any exploration?

The looks, the title, the vibes that I got is basically like a cyberpunk "spy thriller" (which one of the devs actually said it) that akin to "Escape from New York" or basically MGS franchise. Also, NUSA & Militech plotlines were pretty much ended abruptly in vanilla game, so this is clearly a way to finally bring it full circle & possibly showcase the other side of corporate war, not just Arasaka (mainly).

I do really hope for another expansion (never say never), at the very least is either the "Crystal Palace" campaign or actual "Cyberspace" campaign, because mainly to give resolutions to other plot threads that not yet finished.
Meanwhile, I am being realistic that "East Coast of America" & Japan's "Tokyo Metropolis" should be in the next Cyberpunk 20XX sequel.

The looks, the title, the vibes that I got is basically like a cyberpunk "spy thriller" (which one of the devs actually said it) that akin to "Escape from New York" or basically MGS franchise. Also, NUSA & Militech plotlines were pretty much ended abruptly in vanilla game, so this is clearly a way to finally bring it full circle & possibly showcase the other side of corporate war, not just Arasaka (mainly).

I do really hope for another expansion (never say never), at the very least is either the "Crystal Palace" campaign or actual "Cyberspace" campaign, because mainly to give resolutions to other plot threads that not yet finished.
Meanwhile, I am being realistic that "East Coast of America" & Japan's "Tokyo Metropolis" should be in the next Cyberpunk 20XX sequel.
Was Takemura from Japan? It would be interesting if we visited his home. I'm not sure where they would take the story for a sequel. It would have to be with a new character that's not V.
I don't mind the single expansion because I think they now have the foundation to make the sequel even better than this game so I'd prefer they spend time and resources on the next game.

Hype is subjective thing, so its only your fault
Oh no, I am not interested in the expansion at all

I mean the upcoming updates add police chases and vehicle combat. Things modders already added so pretty sure [...]

CP77 was touted as the future of RPG games, if so, it's looking bleak

Was Takemura from Japan? It would be interesting if we visited his home. I'm not sure where they would take the story for a sequel. It would have to be with a new character that's not V.
The way I imagine it, it could still be V & some kind of a continuation of "The Devil" Ending. Same thing with other locations, like maybe somthing like this:
The Sun ending: Crystal Palace or even Mars.
The Star ending: NUSA territory in North Carolina or East Coast of America with the NUSA capital city.
Temperance ending: Cyberspace

In any case, the world of Cyberpunk 2077 is clearly vast & CDPR can take countless of places to set their new story, probably more so than The Witcher's continent.

Oh no, I am not interested in the expansion at all

I mean the upcoming updates add police chases and vehicle combat. Things modders already added so pretty sure [...]

CP77 was touted as the future of RPG games, if so, it's looking bleak

"Oh no, I am not interested in the expansion at all"

Why are you even in this thread?

"I mean the upcoming updates add police chases and vehicle combat. Things modders already added so pretty sure"

Ugh, once again they don't exist on console.

...speculating:

- anything without any creative content, filled with weapons, weapons and, of course, weapons... an ending that ends the tragedy... (the game itself - so don't expect a 'and after the campaign, we'll have something to more so we can continue enjoying the game?' Of course, I'm talking about a random and context mission generator - something that would save Cyberpunk - which CDPR seems to have no interest in).

This needs an update

Apparently, to investors, CDPR representatives have said that they will continue the franchise. Hopefully this includes the base game (CP 2077).

And there's a question that pops into my head: how many studios in the world wouldn't give everything, absolutely everything, to own an engine like RedEngine (despite its limitations)?

Last edited:
Top Bottom