I was hoping the DLC story wasn't with Silverhand

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the DLC story, I thought I could finally play V's Own story without Johnny.
this is very disappointing to me..

It's even more disappointing that this is the last story DLC.
I totally agree I was thrilled once V was rid of him. V won't really have their own story
and it will revolve around Silverhand once again. Sorry, but not everyone is a Reeves / Silverhand fan.

I totally agree I was thrilled once V was rid of him. V won't really have their own story
and it will revolve around Silverhand once again. Sorry, but not everyone is a Reeves / Silverhand fan.
Raises hand.
Look, I can tolerate Johnny and even get along, but "it's time to go somewhere else, choom. I wanna ride my Cali at 600+ through the Crystal Palace till they come out like dwarves down on their knees, carrying what I've come for with two hands."

I might even sit down and make that if modding tools allow it. Don't hold me responsible for the [censored] engine unless they make it open source.

Last edited:
I like Johnny but I definitely prefer when the most interesting/fascinating character is, y'know, the main character and not a secondary one (like in The Witcher and Horizon Zero Dawn to name a couple examples)

Raises hand.
Look, I can tolerate Johnny and even get along, but "it's time to go somewhere else, choom. I wanna ride my Cali at 600+ through the Crystal Palace till they come out like dwarves down on their knees, carrying what I've come for with two hands."

I might even sit down and make that if modding tools allow it. Don't hold me responsible for the [censored] engine unless they make it open source.
Like many people I wanted to see any and all loose ends tied up after leaving Night City with Judy and Panam.
Does V get cured or not and do they stay with the Aldecaldos or leave.

Last edited:
Frankly, it's kind of surprising that of all the "bad ending" video games, it's almost always an attempt to institute an artificial tragedy:

* Bioshock Infinite
* Fallout 3
* Mass Effect 3

And so on.

And of all of them, only Bethesda used the DLC to correct it.

Everything points to the fact that V's and Silverhand's stories are standalone and end with Cyberpunk 2077. I THINK CDPR really wants to create new characters with new and separate stories for any Cyberpunk sequels they inted to produce.

Unless they have secret plans for animated or live action Cyberpunk ips where they inted to continue V's storyline, which I very much doubt, you better enjoy what time you have left with V because its likely the last game you will have with this character.

I don't know, its all speculation at this point anyway, they haven't even released the expansion yet, so I think we should just wait and see what happens.

Yeah, book fans knew it all along.
Any book fan knew that her appearance is all but guaranteed after TW2's ending.
Can anyone else be reasonably expected to guess the identity of the person beside Geralt? Even those people who played TW1 and 2? My guess would be "no".
To ~95% of the audience, this reveal came at E3 2014.
Right, I don't really know what your point is (seems to me you don't either) but I'm just pointing out that it's factually incorrect to claim that Ciri's involvement in TW3 was somehow kept a secret by CDPR until 2014.

Well, that's kinda subjective, isn't it? :D
In any case, data miners have found no traces of significant story cuts and alterations. There are no details shared by CDPR current or former employees that would corroborate those fan's theories.
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. That isn't to say that these fan theories about Keanu and rewrites are true, but your theories are just as unsubstantiated.

Last edited:
Quality > quantity. Last 8 - 12 hours of TW3 (everything after the battle of Kaer Morhen) are hardly something to be proud of. :shrug:
Yeah, it's not like anything important happened after the Battle of Kaer Morhen in TW3.....

I'm not sure why it's even being brought up. TW3, game demos from like 4 years ago, whether Keanu threw a wrench into development and many replies from page 3 of this thread onwards have pretty much nothing to do with the thread topic.

The thing with this DLC that scares me is that it could further enhanced the urgency paradox of the game... Why would I go do this side story when I am dying? I hope they will find a good way to justify this.

Honestly, I'm kind of sick of, "SAVE YOUR LIFE" as a motivation. Why not some "do some good before you die?" adventures

So your problem is with the game? If Silver hand wasn't done by a famous actor would you still have an issue? Somehow I doubt it. Much of this seems to just be "let me hate on this thing because ppl like it or like him". It's just weird. Dual characters have existed for decades since Ratchet and Clank or Jack and Daxter and others like them.
At this point if someone decides "oh I'm not playing this game because the character (who I don't know yet) dies" that's about all you need to know about how genuine their criticism actually is.

The game has multiple endings so it's unlikely we'll be playing as V again. We hear about several other Legends in Night City so we may just play as one of those characters or become another legend who earns their legendary status. Perhaps we hear about the legendary V in the other games, much like we heard about Johnny in this one.

So your problem is with the game? If Silver hand wasn't done by a famous actor would you still have an issue? Somehow I doubt it. Much of this seems to just be "let me hate on this thing because ppl like it or like him". It's just weird. Dual characters have existed for decades since Ratchet and Clank or Jack and Daxter and others like them.
At this point if someone decides "oh I'm not playing this game because the character (who I don't know yet) dies" that's about all you need to know about how genuine their criticism actually is.

The game has multiple endings so it's unlikely we'll be playing as V again. We hear about several other Legends in Night City so we may just play as one of those characters or become another legend who earns their legendary status. Perhaps we hear about the legendary V in the other games, much like we heard about Johnny in this one.
I wouldn't have wanted him in the game at all to be honest. And as far as talent goes,
I'll take Kurt Russell's over his any day.

I wouldn't have wanted him in the game at all to be honest. And as far as talent goes,
I'll take Kurt Russell's over his any day.
Both are fine to me ("young" Kurt obviously), but Kurt would probably play the exact same "asshole" :)
(And I assume, it would be Kurt's fault too if the story is bad^^)
---------
Afterwards, there are great chances that Johnny will be present in the expansion... it's just my opinion, but I didn't see anything which make me assume that he will have in important "role". Johnny could be present only to give some "informed advices" and to play opposite V time to time, nothing more. We will see :)

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Right, I don't really know what your point is (seems to me you don't either) but I'm just pointing out that it's factually incorrect to claim that Ciri's involvement in TW3 was somehow kept a secret by CDPR until 2014.
You're right, it wasn't a secret - for ~5% of the audience.
It was only a secret for the other 95%. :p
Yeah, it's not like anything important happened after the Battle of Kaer Morhen in TW3.....
It did. Problem is - it's badly written and by the end devolves into nonsense (Ciri venturing to fight extremely cold weather with power of confidence, I guess...).
whether Keanu threw a wrench into development
By doing what? Asking for more lines?
Or are we still not done taking about "story rewrite" theory as if it's anything more than a fan theory?

Johnny is fine, but he might have a more episodic appearance. I don't mind that.

I want to see more characters like that. May be Alt and others from behind the Black Wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom