Edgerunners Update (Patch 1.6) — list of changes

+
I hope some players already noticed it, but it's been a long time (about 35hrs) since I completed "the heist", and I don't remember to experiment the "infamous Relic Malfunction" once, after skipping time or randomly time to time :)

I did notice that the Map Lag has gotten significantly better since the patch.
I was pretty excited about this because that was pretty bad on my rig.
However the excitement was short lived, because after extended play time (1 or 2 hours maybe),
this lag winds up showing up in the actual Game World now.

No longer does it plague the map.
But when I exit my inventory screen... any player menu really...
Now I have to wait for the Frames to stop dropping for about 5-10 seconds.
So the problem hasn't exactly been fixed, it's just moved to to a new area of the game.
Post automatically merged:

• Fixed the temporary FPS drops when opening the Map or Inventory on PC and Stadia.
Oh thank god.
I don't think the lag is gone. I think it's just moved.
I noticed that the lag now happens when CLOSING any player menu.
Now the FPS drop happens in the game world and lasts about 5-10 seconds.
But this doesn't start happening until the game has been running for extended time.

Last edited:
I hope some players already noticed it, but it's been a long time (about 35hrs) since I completed "the heist", and I don't remember to experiment the "infamous Relic Malfunction" once, after skipping time or randomly time to time :)
I've been experiencing them on PS5. But that's based on a game I started before the patch, so don't know if there's an issue there.

Cheers,
Merric

I've noticed in previous playtroughs that some of those little things where sometimes missing. Like with the Relic malfunction, changing to Johnny's appearance when looking in the mirror, or the synchronization with the sound in TV shows. In one Playtrough it happens, in an other it doesn't. Seems a bit buggy ^^

Can we please remove ALL sources jingling added to footsteps from armor pieces? (ie johnny shirt) it has been driving me absolutely nuts with my new headphones.

I did my best to make a mod for it with the new tools but the project revealed itself to be a complete can of worms

Please! There's no reason to have jingle bells on my boots/vests or running around naked (to alleviate the noise)

Cheers,

I've been experiencing them on PS5. But that's based on a game I started before the patch, so don't know if there's an issue there.
I've noticed in previous playtroughs that some of those little things where sometimes missing. Like with the Relic malfunction, changing to Johnny's appearance when looking in the mirror, or the synchronization with the sound in TV shows. In one Playtrough it happens, in an other it doesn't. Seems a bit buggy ^^
Not an issue. I think CDPR remove it (or almost).
It's just that I was trying to buy a "special" legendary shotgun (in short, make it spawn in the shop). So I skipped 24hrs a lot, and I mean a lot^^.
Before 1.6, let's say that about every 4 or 5 "time skipping", I got a relic malfunction. But in 1.6, none, not once :)

Please, in the name of all things good, would someone tell me that something will be done about the Clothing Vendors? It's bad enough that this patch took the mods and schematics out of the inventory, but did they have to not only change where the clothing is, but also get rid of most of the clothing that we could purchase?

What's the point of even having this Wardrobe feature if they get rid of our ability to get the clothing that we want to get? Most of the stuff I usually get for my outfits are unavailable for purchase now, so now I have to hope that I randomly come across those items while I'm playing and maybe not burn through the whole game trying to get them.

I didn't catch it directly few days ago, but I always wondered since 1.5 who the hell was David Martinez... Because in addition to "the Johnny Silverhand" and "The Jackie Welles", there is another drink which is named "David Martinez" in the AfterLife ! But seem obvious now (I'm so dumb...) :D

"Vodka on the rocks, with a hint of NiCola. Aim for the stars and treat yourself to a remarkable outing"
13-09-2022_07-17-08-g50d1gsl.jpg

On a side note, if there is drink named "David Martinez", we can assume which kind of fate he had :)

I didn't catch it directly few days ago, but I always wondered since 1.5 who the hell was David Martinez... Because in addition to "the Johnny Silverhand" and "The Jackie Welles", there is another drink which is named "David Martinez" in the AfterLife ! But seem obvious now (I'm so dumb...) :D

"Vodka on the rocks, with a hint of NiCola. Aim for the stars and treat yourself to a remarkable outing"
View attachment 11318126
On a side note, if there is drink named "David Martinez", we can assume which kind of fate he had :)
That's true, I always assumed he was another merc known from the general lore :LOL:

Hello there, i would like to know if the 1.6 Patch is available for ps4 not the Free DLC cuz i know it's not, am only talking for the 1.6 Patch

Great patch... but here's a few problems I've noticed playing on Xbox Series X:
  • Dialogue cuts out at times, like in Konpeki Plaza when Jackie says "they knew we were coming" if I'm remembering correctly after you're about to get into an elevator after an ambush, also when V curses at Johnny in the first meeting in the apartment.
  • The inventory scroll glitching out massively when disassembling items unless you do it from your backpack.
  • *removed, the wiki was misleading me, the car horn is mapped to E now instead of l-ctrl*

I hope these can be fixed. Thanks.

EDIT: Additional issues I want to mention will be added here:
  • At the food stall with Takemura, a television is supposed to be on and showing a speech from Yorinobu, however this television is now turned off while the scripted dialogue reacting to it still plays. This wasn't an issue in 1.5. Not gamebreaking, but upsets the narrative.

Last edited:
I want to keep this post free of my other post because this is going into personal nuisance/opinion territory and obviously shouldn't be as high a priority as actual bugs or features that don't work, so I'd rather keep that post neutral.

Anyway because mouse and keyboard support is included it'd be nice to have its control scheme in the settings as well as the one for controllers. It'd be nice if we could rebind keys for mouse and keyboard like we can on PC as well.

(edited out one request, I was being stupid)

Last edited:
Wait, tapping alt twice holsters weapon? I was always using 'B' key for it :D
Oh! Haha. Sorry how silly of me. Yes it does but I should have known that.
First playthrough using mouse and keyboard to be fair, I'm not used to it haha. Trying my best to play on my couch with a lap desk.

Anyway, thanks!

Oh! Haha. Sorry how silly of me. Yes it does but I should have known that.
First playthrough using mouse and keyboard to be fair, I'm not used to it haha. Trying my best to play on my couch with a lap desk.

Anyway, thanks!
Oh, sorry, I meant it rather as that I'm the silly one for not knowing that tapping 'ALT' twice holsters the weapon. It wasn't my intention to make fun of you or anything, just so we are clear.

Oh, sorry, I meant it rather as that I'm the silly one for not knowing that tapping 'ALT' twice holsters the weapon. It wasn't my intention to make fun of you or anything, just so we are clear.
Ah I see... No, no worries, I laughed it off either way. I felt silly and you actually helped me, so all good. :)

I guess we both learned something new lol

Hello

Did anyone else not get the new gigs Desperate measures and Nasty hangover? I only got Regina's new gig in Kabuki. The other two don't show up in my map and nothing happens when I approach the area. I am level 33 and 50 street cred but I haven't completed any Rogue or Reyes gigs. Can that be the case?
Thank you!!

Top Bottom