Cyberpunk Edgerunners Netflix Show !Spoilers!

+
Enjoyed it but the ending is kind of stupid, just showed David was after all a dumb arse that didn't learn from the guy that taught him and threw away what he could have had with Lucy for "reasons"... rest of it was super, the animation and all the techincal side...just thought the story was kind of meh typical dark ending.

Not sure why all these cyber runners need to be kind of stupid and short sighted.

Enjoyed it but the ending is kind of stupid, just showed David was after all a dumb arse that didn't learn from the guy that taught him and threw away what he could have had with Lucy for "reasons"...
David just tried to realize/live dreams... And in this case, dreams from others (from his mom at first, then from Maine). He ended obviously like all Night City legends, but finally allowed Lucy to realize her dream.

David just tried to realize/live dreams... And in this case, dreams from others (from his mom at first, then from Maine).

Then he failed unless he wanted to be remembered as a cautionary tale. He could have succeeded with his dream and lucy dream and the others without running headlong into psychosis like some fool. He lead them to a silly end becuase he was too stubburn to listen and actually work WITH his team, cause barring kiwi he had a good team.
Post automatically merged:

Would be cool to feature Lucy in an upcoming Mission or Gig. You know, one of those Edgerunner Missions where you have to put a crew together
Would be cool indeed however isn't she suppose to have taken a one way ticket to the moon?

Last edited:

Guest 4656998

In the reveal two days ago, the guy (sorry guy) who was interviewed at the start mentioned something interesting. The VOD has been removed, but I think he said we should pay special attention to the BD at the start of episode 1. I'm not sure if he was hinting at the censored scene or if there's something weird going on with David's reality.

I kept that in mind and did notice one discrepancy: The first Edge Runner XBD cartridge he views in episode 1 is marked XBD no.32. When David and the crew capture the Edge Runner creator Jimmy Kurosaki in episode 5, David pulls the cover of Edge Runners episode 32 of the shelf. Kurosaki and David have a short conversation about David having installed the Sandevistan even after having seen what it did to the previous owner. The spends a lot of time to highlight that this is episode 32 of edgerunners, while the sealed cartridge he pulls out of the case is marked no.31.

What do you guys think? Are we going to start season 2 with David waking up in his mom's apartment, revealing that it was all a weird super BD that makes power fantasy stories on the fly for edgy teens?

Attachments

• ep1.png
    ep1.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 36
  • ep5_01.png
    ep5_01.png
    735.3 KB · Views: 35
  • ep5_02.png
    ep5_02.png
    610.7 KB · Views: 45
  • ep5_03.png
    ep5_03.png
    623.9 KB · Views: 42
It seems to be the goal and you either get it right or end up agreeing with me about 'character development' (involves relationships). I said and I keep saying it, pure glitter but it ends up being a very poorly made glitter because the concept behind it is, in my view, very, very bad (I wrote about it in the first post and made fun of it as 'shoot, shoot, shoot, guns, guns, guns').

But I'll see the rest of the chapters, I stopped halfway through two (I couldn't stand it...). Who knows, it gets better. There are good scenes, which try to illustrate the 'mourning', for example, but they are also - in my opinion - poorly constructed.

The impression I have is that everything that refers to Cyberpunk 2077 is related to 'making it fast', even condemning the entire structure, be it the game, anime, whatever... this is the conception that comes, also in my view , killing a good idea.
I hope you give it a chance. I don't binge-watch on Netfilx anyway, so am currently up to Episode 6. To me, it clicks almost *perfectly* with the game environment, same vibe and attitudes, but the stand-alone story is building emotionally with each episode.

As an aside, when I see people disappointed that future CP adventures may not feature V, the anime shows exactly why that shouldn't be a problem.

It seems to be the goal and you either get it right or end up agreeing with me about 'character development' (involves relationships). I said and I keep saying it, pure glitter but it ends up being a very poorly made glitter because the concept behind it is, in my view, very, very bad (I wrote about it in the first post and made fun of it as 'shoot, shoot, shoot, guns, guns, guns').

But I'll see the rest of the chapters, I stopped halfway through two (I couldn't stand it...). Who knows, it gets better. There are good scenes, which try to illustrate the 'mourning', for example, but they are also - in my opinion - poorly constructed.

The impression I have is that everything that refers to Cyberpunk 2077 is related to 'making it fast', even condemning the entire structure, be it the game, anime, whatever... this is the conception that comes, also in my view , killing a good idea.
OK, yea I completely agree there. I actually expected this when I heard they went with Studio Trigger. Based on their past anime projects, they always focus on senseless shooting and loud, hyper violence. Not good storytelling.
Post automatically merged:

I hope you give it a chance. I don't binge-watch on Netfilx anyway, so am currently up to Episode 6. To me, it clicks almost *perfectly* with the game environment, same vibe and attitudes, but the stand-alone story is building emotionally with each episode.

As an aside, when I see people disappointed that future CP adventures may not feature V, the anime shows exactly why that shouldn't be a problem.
I fail to see how it clicks with the game. The game is a drama. This is basically a comedy where everything is exaggerated and can't be taken seriously. I couldn't make it very far, not likely I'll finish it. This bares no resemblance to the game except being in Night City

I fail to see how it clicks with the game. The game is a drama. This is basically a comedy where everything is exaggerated and can't be taken seriously. I couldn't make it very far, not likely I'll finish it. This bares no resemblance to the game except being in Night City
OK so we have different views, that's OK. I did say the game *environment* and vibe, and for me they realised it very well indeed. You expected or looked for something different perhaps.

Anyone else feels kinda confused how Falco all of a sudden appeared without any explanation or introduction into the story?

Really? Did you play the game? I mean, the show's entire vibe is definitely very reminiscent of the game. The nods and outright references to the game are numerous throughout.

I'm not saying this because I'm a fan of the series. I'm saying this despite the fact that the show left me very indifferent to it. I am not an anime fan. This series felt very tropey and full of typical anime clichés to me. I gave it a shot only because I love the game. I watched all 10 episodes and I felt just.... meh... about it.

The animes I enjoyed throughout my life can be counted on a single hand but I can only applaud the studio's ability to capture the right vibe.

----

To be clear, I'm not saying the show is bad or anything like that. Like I said, not an anime fan at all, so I consider my own opinion about the show's quality to be worthless. I'm obviously biased from the get-go. It's just not a show for me.

Really? Did you play the game? I mean, the show's entire vibe is definitely very reminiscent of the game. The nods and outright references to the game are numerous throughout.

I'm not saying this because I'm a fan of the series. I'm saying this despite the fact that the show left me very indifferent to it. I am not an anime fan. This series felt very tropey and full of typical anime clichés to me. I gave it a shot only because I love the game. I watched all 10 episodes and I felt just.... meh... about it.

The animes I enjoyed throughout my life can be counted on a single hand but I can only applaud the studio's ability to capture the right vibe.

----

To be clear, I'm not saying the show is bad or anything like that. Like I said, not an anime fan at all, so I consider my own opinion about the show's quality to be worthless. I'm obviously biased from the get-go. It's just not a show for me.
Yea I played the game, enjoyed it a lot which is why this was a bit of a let down because the game introduced themes like cyber psychosis and capturing the human consciousness which I believed would make for great storytelling in a similar vein to something like Ghost in the Shell.

I'm a huge anime fan so I already knew not to get my hopes up because I was familiar with Trigger going in. Their work has its place in more over the top, parody type anime so I knew I wouldn't like this much. Still gave it a shot but couldn't get through it sadly.

Last edited:
Yea I played the game, enjoyed it a lot which is why this was a bit of a let down because the game introduced themes like cyber psychosis and capturing the human subconscious which I believed would make for great storytelling in a similar vein to something like Ghost in the Shell.

I'm a huge anime fan so I already knew not to get my hopes up because I was familiar with Trigger going in. Their work has its place in more over the top, parody type anime so I knew I wouldn't like this much. Still gave it a shot but couldn't get through it sadly.

Yes, this is meant to be gritty side of Night City and not the deep philosophical side.

Eh,
on 3.7.2022, I sent a character concept of a rebellious and mischievous girl called Kiwi as a part of my application to CDPR.

I sure hope this is just an unlucky coincidence...

The show is excellent. It's everything I want out of a dystopian, cyberpunk story. Credit to CDPR and Trigger for making it such a success, and I REALLY fucking hope we get another season.
When Season 2? 😂

No, seriously. They need to continue the Show. Awesome Stuff.

When Season 2? 😂

No, seriously. They need to continue the Show. Awesome Stuff.

I really, really liked the show. But if they do a season 2 I hope they leave the story they told in season 1 alone. The show was obviously made to tie into the game. So here is what makes sense to me...

1. If they are going to include anything from season 1 in anything Cyberpunk moving forward it should be in a game and it should be Lucy meeting V to help him/her. It all lines up perfectly, which is why I am sad we are only getting one expansion. It strikes me as too obvious with Lucy's Arasaka background, ability to navigate their technology and hatred for Smasher that she would meet V and be like...

"You - you are the one who killed Adam Smasher! Whatever you need I am willing to help."
"Well m'lady I have this piece of Arasaka technology in my noggin' that is a killin' me!"

It lines up so perfectly that it is hard for me to believe if they would have given us "more expansion/DLC content than The Witcher 3" that this wouldn't have been included at some point.

2. David surviving seems to ruin what was an absolute masterpiece of a story. Trying to rebuild a crew around Lucy doesn't seem like enough for a full season of television given that people are just going to want her old crew back with her. Her meeting V (or someone else if we play a different character in Cyberpunk 2) in game to help with Arasaka seems to be the most logical step.

Top Bottom