*Suggestions* A really subtle change to the game to encourage more players to explore the world

+
hello, I'm kinda new here but I played it since 2020,

I just returned to the game recently and I just really thinking about the suggestion that I think it is just a really subtle change but could improve the game a lot,

In terms of encouraging players' discoveries (and improving QoL to the game as well as tricking players to achieve more replay with little to no change of the game).

I don't want to mess around and straight to the point but the suggestion tab won't let me post there,
So I will just leave my suggestion right here.

Hope the staff will be considered this.

Dialogue
1. first thing first when you highlight the MAIN dialogue with yellow color and OPTIONAL with blue that make people just BE THERE, DONE THAT and only choose the YELLOW one without trying something else.

So I suggest that both MAIN and OPTIONAL should be the same colour so players would fiddle around more with invisible choices even if's only one true correct answer but that would make people tend to slow down and read then think before making a choice.

And only kept YELLOW TEXT for SHOP OPTION

2. If the dialogue choice has only 1 choice left and nothing else to choose just go on and continue the rest of the dialogue(Since the player will be forced to choose the remaining MAIN choice anyway), Don't let players PRESS F to only last choice left,

When stories continue without going back to the previous choice and don't know which one is the true choice they will carefully choose it
The MAIN choice will just only short, straight to the point
While OPTIONAL choice will lead to the same point just with more flavour to it
But if the player doesn't know which one is MAIN or OPTIONAL it will be an invisible choice to them and the choice they can't see has more impact on them
suggest 1.jpg

3. If the dialogue has already been chosen then don't leave it GRAY OUT to repeat the dialogue again, just remove them from the remaining choices

suggest 1.jpg

4. Since we had the SKIP AHEAD button then how about REWIND the dialogue button?
This will make all the mentioned changes be both for normal players without leaving people who didn't listen carefully the first time out
(I think this one would not be as subtle as others but please consider)
suggest 1.jpg

5. The OPTIONAL dialogue choice that is tied to the player's status either should be HIDDEN
If players don't have enough money or not enough attributes then just not let it show up
only let them be an OPTIONAL choice when the player met that requirements with a marking (or don't just don't tell them at all and let they know on the next replay)

If there are choices happened like that players would be curious either are there any choices hidden to them like this that they already missed
and encourage them to replay more to find out
suggest 1.jpg

6. Ending conversation dialogue choice

this one I forgot to mention the other day but in the game to end the conversation I gotta turn away and leave but many people felt that kinda a bit not okay to just turn around like that

please just add something like
"See you later"
"I gotta go"
those kinds of stuff would be nice

The Activities
1. Not all activities have to appear on the players' map
-The SKIPPY
-Restaurant's heist
-The monks
-ETC

simply remove the MARKER for them just let players stumble on them while they walking around the map,
that will encourage players to explore the world around them not just follow the marker
And it makes activities around the communities too when someone found something cool and shares them on the forum
it's a more effective trick to make players interact with each other,

with the quest marker, they would just be playing on their own and that's all
but if there's nothing like that people will team up to help others to gain the same experience, or someone wants to see it with their own eyes so they will be asked other players how to do it.
Some YouTubers will make content on easter eggs or hidden content and it will make you a good free advertisement for that

suggest 1.jpg

2. Not all the Activities need to be accessible all at once

Just don't let the side quests become available all at once, make some of them slowly appear either randomly or at a fixed rate of time.
As time goes by long enough, the side quests will be all available

This will make players traveling around and explore the world more
like the first time come to northside there's nothing there but then back again for another visit now that place has a lot of activities to participate

Think like if you have all the side quests available in the HAYWOOD and then you swept all the jobs left to right in one go, then the chance for you to return to this area is very slim

Instead, this way will make people travel around and feel the atmosphere learning about the city before going into action

suggest 1.jpg

3. The GIGs and The FIXERs are too underwhelming
like the previously mentioned
jobs provided by FIXERs should not be all at once available too it should be only a few of them at a time
And fixer should not be the first to make a contact as soon as players entered their area

Should be some time when players stay in the area long enough and/or had some action to catch their attention

Also, FIXERs should not give all the jobs in one go too should be some GIGs on the map, and don't give players more jobs until the player finished the old GIGs

But player's choice matter too, so if players want to do the available GIGs later, then there should be a choice for other GIGs
like a player could HOLOCALL or TEXT to ask FIXERs if there're other GIGs that might be more interesting

And I remembered that meeting the FIXERs has too less impact on gameplay so,
How about All available GIGs become playable after the player talks to FIXERs eyes to eyes

suggest 1.jpg

4. GIGs COULD FAIL TOO
The assassination could fail if the target flees the scene before players reached him
The rescue mission could fail if the target died during the mission
The supposed stealth mission like in 'Welcome to America, comrade' for example, that GIG was insisted to be clean and quiet but if it go loud it should be fail

And GIGs that failed should just disappear and won't come back to replay again later but exactly like the last time

Or if there's a rematch for a failed GIG that should be a different place different method and probably harder but still killing the same target for example (but that's beyond a subtle change that I talking about)

For more replay value, the next playthrough player wants to make a 100% this time and for immersive sake too

suggest 1.jpg

The AMMO

In the game, SMG has an ammo pool of its own as well as the Assault rifle
That's 2 separate pools dedicated to automatic weapons

That comes to my suggestion about this

PISTOL - REVOLVER - SMG sharing the same ammo pool as in real life these using the PISTOL AMMO
ASSAULT RIFLE - LMG Sharing the same ammo pool as in real life they use RIFLE AMMO
PRECISION RIFLE - SNIPER RIFLE - sharing the same ammo pool as for the most effective they usually use MATCH GRADE AMMO
SHOTGUN - DOUBLE BARRELL SHOTGUN - well this one obliviously uses SHOTGUN SHELL

And I would suggest further that AMMO POOL should divide further into 3 group
POWER - SMART - TECH

POWER PISTOL can't fire SMART PISTOL ROUND in vice versa

POWER PISTOL ROUND for power SMG, pistol, revolver / TECH PISTOL ROUND for tech SMG, pistol, revolver
and so on and so on

-------------------------------------------------------

Alright that's quite a long post but please considered these opinions
I think this is the way the game would feel different in a better way for really minimum effort

So players would feel encouraged to explore the night city stories more when the invisible choices are everywhere people will feel rewarded just by discovering it and will pay more attention to the game more than just 'be there, done that' gaming experience

I love this game, I thanks all the hard work everyone in your team make this happen.
Hope this will help you all improve the game

Attachments

• suggest 1.jpg
    suggest 1.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 417
  • suggest 1.jpg
    suggest 1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Dialogue
1. first thing first when you highlight the MAIN dialogue with yellow color and OPTIONAL with blue that make people just BE THERE, DONE THAT and only choose the YELLOW one without trying something else.

So I suggest that both MAIN and OPTIONAL should be the same colour so players would fiddle around more with invisible choices even if's only one true correct answer but that would make people tend to slow down and read then think before making a choice.
Just my opinion, but as in TW3, yellow it's dialogue which move the dialogue forward. And the blue are "optional" yes, but above all, they are there to learn more things (some can lead to "clues", objectives, infos that you wouldn't had otherwise. So by ignoring them, players could miss a lot of oportunities to learn more about the lore, the characters, the stories,...
So if you ask me, it's a good idea to highlight that by a different color (for infos, most of players generally play games once) :)
Also, FIXERs should not give all the jobs in one go too should be some GIGs on the map, and don't give players more jobs until the player finished the old GIGs
Maybe I misunderstood, but I think this is exactly how it work in 1.5+ and 1.6 :)

Oh and this Suggestion's not subtle as one I previously said
But I think it's good for the game

In saints row 3 the wanted level separated into 2 types
one for the police others for the gangs

And not just that
I live in a third-world country where police often do not do their jobs unless they got paid extra

911 is not the number that gets the job done
If someone wants to call the police they gotta call the local tell. number that ...
I kid you not, the number is on the sign that said

... Police department
011-1111-111
Sponsored by (big monopoly food/drink company)

Police rarely come on the scene on time unless it's an area of a rich people

people have to take care of themself and if really want to call the police we gotta ask permission from local gangsters then they will call the police for us

The point is in the fucked up world of 2077 police should act more like in a third-world country like this

Police rarely appear outside the safe zone and the gangs will see the crime committed by other gangs as insult,
and hunt players down if they make a mess in their area

but gangs won't chase players too far on territories not belong to them or else there will be a gang war

while police rarely work but if they come out to hunt players they will chase everywhere no area limit

alright, that's quite a long suggestion

Hope this will help you all improve the game
thank you all for working on this

suggest 1.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Just my opinion, but as in TW3, yellow it's dialogue which move the dialogue forward. And the blue are "optional" yes, but above all, they are there to learn more things (some can lead to "clues", objectives, infos that you wouldn't had otherwise. So by ignoring them, players could miss a lot of oportunities to learn more about the lore, the characters, the stories,...
So if you ask me, it's a good idea to highlight that by a different color (for infos, most of players generally play games once) :)

Maybe I misunderstood, but I think this is exactly how it work in 1.5+ and 1.6 :)
about the first point
yes since most players generally play the game once
that's why I think if the main dialogue is highlighted it will make the most of their experience become generic to the same as everyone and not give attention to dialogue as much as they should be

So if the choice is hidden it will make people to glaring at the choice more and without highlighting to know what is the main choice they will tend to think more about the outcome that should be a different choice

I noticed from the game that having a dialogue highlight players tend to choose the main one without though more
while the game that does not highlight the same person will tend to think and choose many different choices

and the later point I mean it's divided to tier in the recent game and how about in those tiers in come out very few of them and force people to travel around more and more before the next one available

Last edited:
I noticed from the game that having a dialogue highlight players tend to choose the main one without though more
while the game that does not highlight the same person will tend to think and choose many different choices
If players choose to ignore the blue dialogue lines, good for them and those who want to "know" everything also can. Good system if in my opinion. I would be upset if I miss something important cause I didn't chose the "right" dialogue line :)
But there are plenty of games which use this "system" more or less subtily. For example, in Mass Effect, the dialogue lines on the left are "to get" more infos or extend the current dialogue and those on the right to move foreward or finish the discussion.

@chin258456 @LeKill3rFou Posts moved to a new thread.

Feel free to edit the title if you'd like, @chin258456.
thanks for appriciated
wish you luck
Post automatically merged:

Oh and one other subtle change I forgot
The AMMO

In the game, SMG has an ammo pool of its own
as well as the Assault rifle
That's 2 separate pools dedicated to automatic weapons

That comes to my suggestion about this

PISTOL - REVOLVER - SMG sharing the same ammo pool as in real life these using the PISTOL AMMO
ASSAULT RIFLE - LMG Sharing the same ammo pool as in real life they use RIFLE AMMO
PRECISION RIFLE - SNIPER RIFLE - sharing the same ammo pool as for the most effective they usually use MATCH GRADE AMMO
SHOTGUN - DOUBLE BARRELL SHOTGUN - well this one obliviously uses SHOTGUN SHELL

And I would suggest further that AMMO POOL should divide further into 3 group
POWER - SMART - TECH

POWER PISTOL can't fire SMART PISTOL ROUND in vice versa

POWER PISTOL ROUND for power SMG, pistol, revolver / TECH PISTOL ROUND for tech smg, pistol, revolver
and so on and so on
suggest 1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom