Fullscreen Working Improperly

+
I last played Cyberpunk in December 2020 and had no issues with using fullscreen to game. However, came back to it today and fullscreen is not working properly and instead is acting like a window with my other monitors which leads to the game minimizing. Confirmed that fullscreen works on other games I play. So I'm not sure what might be wrong with the game or my settings for it to no longer work properly. I do not see unplugging my other monitors as an option.

Edit: Well, after a day I figured it out. I just needed to update the Cyber Engine Tweaks mod to the current patch. Fullscreen mode now works properly.

Last edited:
try using windowed borderless option rather than fullscreen. I have a multiple monitor set up and no problem with running the game on fullscreen on my main monitor and it doesn't minimize when I use other windows

1663481922443.png

try using windowed borderless option rather than fullscreen. I have a multiple monitor set up and no problem with running the game on fullscreen on my main monitor and it doesn't minimize when I use other windows

View attachment 11319137
Unfortunately I've tried all three modes and they all give the same result. I may just have to unplug the other monitors when playing this game for now.

FWIW, for games like this, I wrote a script that:
- enables main monitor output only (all other monitors off)
- switches main monitor from 4k to 1080 (because my video card can't do 4k @ 60 on most games)
- run any command passed to it

I then changed steam to run that script and pass it %command%, so it sets the screen up properly then runs the game.

I've used this on about half a dozen games and it works quite nicely.

This is on Linux, but presumably Windows can do something similar, perhaps via powershell?

Top Bottom