A random Cyberpunk player's wish

+
After 1.6 and the success of Edgerunners, I sincerely hope that CDPR will keep adding more content to the game (especially post-Phantom Liberty, if it turns out to be great).

Cyberpunk 2077 was... a bit of a disappointment at launch, but I really hope CDPR will keep improving and supporting the game, at least up til any future sequels that may happen.

The game and Night City has soooo much potential.

Personally, it'd be extra-disappointing if they do not further improve the game after the disastrous launch (don't get me wrong the recent updates are all promising) ^_^"

(^_^)b

After 1.6 and the success of Edgerunners, I sincerely hope that CDPR will keep adding more content to the game (especially post-Phantom Liberty, if it turns out to be great).
Doubt they will change their long term plans and likely by now they don't want to put time and money into red engine game. Even 1.6 didn't fix/improve much and the DLC is somewhere 2023 ("probably") meaning this game is quite far from rapid content creation. And any major feature is a lot of work and design - like the Game+ they commented on.

And expanding the game in any meaningful way would be spending time and money equal to a new game release but without new game sales. With luck third party modders will keep the game afloat while after releasing the DLC they will start talking about their Witcher game and after Witcher game start talking about CP2077 successor game. Plus there were some comments on some side game in the works by some subsidiary studio to keep the Cyberpunk IP rolling.

Cyberpunk 2077 was... a bit of a disappointment at launch, but I really hope CDPR will keep improving and supporting the game, at least up til any future sequels that may happen.

Personally, it'd be extra-disappointing if they do not further improve the game after the disastrous launch (don't get me wrong the recent updates are all promising) ^_^"

(^_^)b
I think they will support it a bit after the release of the expansion. But it will be with a skeleton crew, probably even fewer than now.

As others have said they are switching to the Unreal engine it seems, which is good in my opinion at least for future games. But it does seem to trap Cyberpunk between them.

When they eventually come around to making a new CP game, one thing one could imagine is that they can reuse a lot of the assets from this game and just upgrade them to the new one. Also, NC in regards to level design is still really cool, one can't deny that, despite all the problems and lack of interaction.

Even though the gigs etc. are kind of grindy, they function rather well I think in regards to level design and feel very different. What potentially ruined them are the somewhat questionable (OP) abilities that you have as a player, which ultimately if you go full out and use them without holding back break all the levels, which is a shame.

To me there is no doubt that the best description of CP is that it is a very rough diamond, it could have been an amazing game. It gets a lot of things very right and others so absolutely wrong that it is insane.

I'm still extremely surprised that they haven't removed the colouring of the dialogues yet and randomized the answers or at least made it an option. That alone would add so much more immersion to the game, even though it is all but an illusion. But to me, that is probably the number one worse game decision I have ever seen in an RPG game to date when it comes to dialogues/interaction.

When you play a game like this, you as a player should choose the option which you think makes the most sense and not based on a specific color.

I am not a game dev - but some thoughts on the process of them producing expansions:

• They were actively fixing the game because it was released in a bad state. If the expansion comes out early 2023 I think it is an indication they could churn content out faster at this point. It seems like it would be tough to be fixing a lot of issues with the base game while at the same time developing several new things. If it comes out late 2023 I think it is an indication that development around this game is just insanely complex and is going to take forever regardless (unless the expansion is massive).
  • CDPR had multiple expansions locked and loaded when the game initially released. They were ready to announce multiple expansions at the release of the game until things went south. I think this means that pre-production time would be shortened big time.
  • I agree they want to get off of RED Engine and onto UE5 in a hurry. But that being said there is no arguing with money and profit. If Phantom Liberty sells like crazy it would not shock me if they change their mind.
  • Now that they got rid of the older generation of consoles it should increase their ability to churn out new content faster given that they can focus just on PC and the current gen consoles.
That being said I think multiple expansions is VERY unlikely at this point.

But to me, that is probably the number one worse game decision I have ever seen in an RPG game to date when it comes to dialogues/interaction.
So I suppose, a lot of games also take the "same worse game decision", knowing that just to quote one example, Mass Effect (the first one) already take this decision in 2007 (on the dialogue box > left "optional", right to "end or move further" the dialogue).

So I suppose, a lot of games also take the "same worse game decision", knowing that just to quote one example, Mass Effect (the first one) already take this decision in 2007 (on the dialogue box > left "optional", right to "end or move further" the dialogue).
I can't remember how it was done in Mass Effect.

But to me, this serves several things.
1. It makes interaction and participating in these quests a lot more interesting and natural because you as a player can react to what you are being told and can think about what potential consequences your responses might have. But when you see that it is a blue text, you don't have to care, you just click it because it will just give you some information, doesn't matter if it sounds rude or whatever, because nothing will trigger from it anyway. So that removes a lot of immersion or excitement of caring about what you say, just fire off all the blue ones first.

2. It adds fake replayability/choice matter, even if there is not really a lot of choice going on in CP, simply not knowing what the other options could have resulted in, improve the illusion of choice and will make it more likely that you will try to play again, as another type of character. It also makes it so you keep paying attention to what they say because you as a player don't know which option is going to result in something. Again as it is now and especially because 99% of the choices don't matter, the dialogue is not very exciting, because we have already figured out the system.

It is such an easy fix to keep players interested, by simply removing the colour and randomising the answers, so it is not always 1 and 2 that pushes the plot forward. And had the game contained a lot more choice matters, it would have been very exciting and have been a lot more interesting to replay.

And also they should remove the count down or severely increase the time, sometimes you can hardly read the answers and think about them before the time runs out. that is not cool.
Post automatically merged:

Now that they got rid of the older generation of consoles it should increase their ability to churn out new content faster given that they can focus just on PC and the current gen consoles.
That was a huge mistake no doubt about it. They should have dropped these the moment they figured out it would cause even the slightest issues. These consoles were already on their way out.

Last edited:
I can't remember how it was done in Mass Effect.
In the dialogue box, it always worked like that :
On the right, the dialogue lines which end or move the dialogue forward. In this case, you know in advance that all the lines will end the discussion.
19-09-2022_04-26-45-pcotq5ts.jpeg
On the left, the optional dialogue lines. So you can choose them as long as you want without end/change the dialogue (those on the right will stay available).
Here if you choose one on the right, you end the convo. If I remember, among those on the right, the ones at top are general Paragon ones, at the center "neutral" and at the bottom renegade.
19-09-2022_04-21-51-jcrtktsx.jpeg19-09-2022_04-22-22-fflsk44y.jpeg

Yes, it's a little bit more subtile, but the idea is the same (and it's the same in whole trilogy in all dialogues). To be able to distinct the dialogue lines which are optional, which provide additional infos, from other ones which move the dialogue forward or end it. A lot of games have this system under various form (TW3 is no exception), but they use it to avoid missing content that could be important (or not) to understand more the background, the context, the characters, at least about things which are not mandatory.

I agrre that it would be better, instead of changing the color of the dialogue lines ("blue" optional still optional and dont lead anywhere anyway), adding more yellow ones which lead to different dialogue or outcomes (or at least, to be able to have more various dialogue with NPCs). But in Cyberpunk with the amount of dialogues and 11 languages available, it's not gonna happen :(

Last edited:

(^_^)b
cdpr have stated that there are currently plans for only one expansion but it is to be 'sizeable'.

They have stated they will continue to support the game for a good long time with dlc and major patches including major overhauls of systems such as the police

They have stated that they will continue to work on the IP

It is hoped that with success there might be more expansions.

A lot of games have this system under various form (TW3 is no exception), but they use it to avoid missing content that could be important (or not) to understand more the background, the context, the characters, at least about things which are not mandatory.
In that case, the system should be able to handle it. Meaning that if something is crucial for the player to know, then that should be presented to them no matter what but in a natural way.

But when you as a player play the game and are presented with things to say, you should choose the option that you think makes the most sense. And in many cases, it might in fact be a blue one and in certain cases had you not known about the colour system, you would think that what you say would lead to something.

And in many cases, given they have the phone/SMS system, they could have made it so you could either call people or text them for further information.

So it would be a balance between the player actively seeking information when possible and if they are interested and on the other hand making sure that if something the player say causes a reaction, the player will be provided with enough information that it makes sense for them story-wise before the action is triggered.

Another thing they could do would be to make a Merc "shadow" database or whatever, that you could access from your apartment, where you could look up certain information, like background checks for people or other key elements. And simply early on teach the player how to make use of it.

They could also have used BDs more, without the extremely hand holding as it is now, but to let the player themselves figure out the information in them. They have made this whole system for BDs, but it is very poorly utilized in my opinion, because all the stuff that would make this a fun feature has been removed due to how they have designed them, you can simply scroll through them on fast forward until all the parts are revealed and then you just go through them one at the time. They should have made these more like puzzles where the player has to figure it out on their own, using what stuff is revealed in them. Because as they are now, I think it would be better if they had just been videos instead and that is a shame because the idea behind them is really cool.

In that case, the system should be able to handle it. Meaning that if something is crucial for the player to know, then that should be presented to them no matter what but in a natural way.
Precisely, everything which are in blue in Cyberpunk are not "crucial". So it's up to the players to decide if it's worth to choose them or not.
I never say that this system is good/perfect, I simply point out that CDPR already done that in TW3 and many studios also use a similar system for dialogues (like bioware in Mass Effect)...
If you consider the coloring of dialogue lines in Cyberpunk as a "worst game decision", it's fine, I won't conterdict you about that. But it's a commom "worst game decision" which is often used :)

Last edited:
I hope to see watches and necklaces be wearable in the future. Yeah I know that’s pretty insignificant in comparison to some but man I really feel naked without that ability.

Precisely, everything which are in blue in Cyberpunk are not "crucial". So it's up to the players to decide if it's worth to choose them or not.
I never say that this system is good/perfect, I simply point out that CDPR already done that in TW3 and many studios also use a similar system for dialogues (like bioware in Mass Effect)...
If you consider the coloring of dialogue lines in Cyberpunk as a "worst game decision", it's fine, I won't conterdict you about that. But it's a commom "worst game decision" which is often used :)
I think they should change it in all these types of games, where they intend there to be an illusion of choice. In Mass effect, I don't recall there being a lot of very important decisions to be made, except there being some in regards to the Paragon and Renegade thing. But again, just because all other games does it, doesn't mean that it is the best way to do it.

For instance, fallout 4 got a lot of bad feedback for how it handled its dialogue compared to earlier, which seems to be much the same way that Cyberpunk does it, just presented in a different way.

This is from Starfield which to me seems like a much better way of doing it when talking about an RPG and they should improve these systems, rather than dumbing them down:

In Oblivion, attempting to persuade a character opened a mini-game featuring a wheel with various options to select. Players could Joke, Admire, Boast, or Coerce an NPC, and each character would have a different reaction to each option. By using those options across multiple 'rounds' of conversation, players aimed to increase an NPC's 'disposition' to get them onside. Increasing your speechcraft skill changed the impact of each choice, and also offered the chance to bribe characters to help your cause even further.

Now 15 years old, Oblivion's system is a little dated, but Starfield game director Todd Howard seems pleased with the way that the persuasion system has been reimagined for Starfield. He says that "it feels like you're having a conversation where you're actually trying to persuade somebody of something. As far as the new systems in dialogue, I think it's definitely one of the most successful ones that we've had."

These things are in my opinion what make RPG games interesting, that you as a player can choose what type of character you are. And given in CP you have all these different gangs and fixers etc. which could react differently to what you as a player do, I think it could have added a cool layer to the game, had they actually done something with it. But as it is now, they are just enemies and quest machines. So at least I think Bethesda should get credit for at least trying to reimagine and improve on these systems.

Hey guys, are there any mods I can apply to make the game tougher?

I already play on the hardest settings and applied mod Scissors Difficulty Options but it's still too easy and I'm barely 28th level.
Post automatically merged:

And another question - anyone seen any mod to reset at least some of the quests? Or related to gangs battles, bounty hunting etc. that would make this game more interesting?

Check Nexus mods. Do a quick-search and see what comes up. That's all I can say. The mods I use are mainly cosmetic mods/photomode mods.

Hey guys, are there any mods I can apply to make the game tougher?

I already play on the hardest settings and applied mod Scissors Difficulty Options but it's still too easy and I'm barely 28th level.

It really depends on what you mean by tougher.

Personally, when I last played, I used Harcore44 - Realistic combat Overhaul. I tweaked mine to be even deadlier but by itself it makes combat extremely deadly - both ways. Still, the game's biggest problem difficulty wise is the AI and there isn't anything I know of that helps in any noticeable way out there.

And another question - anyone seen any mod to reset at least some of the quests? Or related to gangs battles, bounty hunting etc. that would make this game more interesting?

No way to reset things, there are various NG+ simulating mods meant to "reset" the game while still leaving you with all the stuff you could possibly need but no way to reset things without restarting. Some NCPD scanner events respawn but they don't show up on your map after you completed them the first time so it's hard to keep track of those who respawn. Plus, considering how only some of them do, I'm not sure they're actually meant to but it's something you may be interested in.

Bounty hunting is in the game already, so to speak, you can scan various gang members to see if they have bounties on them and neutralizing them will give you some extra eddies.

As it stands, once you clear the map and finish the story, the game is effectively over and I don't know of any mods to change that. I personally don't care about this but I understand why some want those things.

I meant bounty hunting on me - not on the gang members ;)

This game is literally created to be playable after the main plot is finished. Why? Because of the Night City. It's too beautiful and complex to be only a background for the main plot, a number of side quests and limited number of NCPD events. Look at the city - it screams to the CDR: hey! Reds! Gimme some gang raids, corpowars, random psychos etc.

I meant bounty hunting on me - not on the gang members ;)

This game is literally created to be playable after the main plot is finished. Why? Because of the Night City. It's too beautiful and complex to be only a background for the main plot, a number of side quests and limited number of NCPD events. Look at the city - it screams to the CDR: hey! Reds! Gimme some gang raids, corpowars, random psychos etc.

Well, that's highly debatable. I mean CDPR decides what NC is literally built for and they chose for it be largely a backdrop. Still, not the thread for that discussion, nor is any other thread if you ask me considering how many times this has been discussed lol.

I'm not saying you're wrong per se, obviously NC isn't used nearly as much as it could but it's what we have. With the reduction in scope (2xpack to 1 xpack) and the subsequent move to Unreal Engine, it's not going to change either.

You're better off looking to modders for this kind of interactions/gameplay loop as I doubt PL will change that. Assuming the modding tools get better that is.

Top Bottom