Traffic light model bug (Possibly related to LOD) 1.6

+
Just started a new playthrough of Cyberpunk, when I noticed a strange bug that I hadn't before. The last time I did a deep dive on the game was back in 2020 launch week, and as far as I can remember this never used to be an issue.

The bugs:
For some reason, this specific traffic light model is ALWAYS green whenever the player gets close enough for the full detail model to load in. This doesn't happen with any other traffic light model in the game, and this issue isn't just with this stretch of road, although it's probably the worst example of this bug effecting gameplay.

I've also noticed driving AI at intersections using these traffic light models often go on red lights and stop on green when the LOD model is being used.

My hypothesis:
My main hypothesis for the light always being green when the player gets close, is that for some reason whenever the HD model loads in, it resets the traffic cycle to green only, and doesn't take into account what the LOD model was displaying.

As for the traffic failing to stop at certain times and going at others from far distances, I really have no idea, no other traffic light model in the game has this issue, regardless of location. Below are some pictures of the traffic light model in question, and an example of how the bug works. I also left a location you can test this at in the game, same one as I tested it at in the video.

FYI I have no LOD/texture mods whatsoever and only use reshade and a couple UI mods. If someone wants to test this on vanilla just to be sure, go ahead, I pretty much guarantee it'll still be an issue, I've had friends test on vanilla who also noticed this.

Video example:
traffic light bug

Attachments

• buggedtrafficlightmodel.png
    buggedtrafficlightmodel.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 111
  • aistoppedongreen.png
    aistoppedongreen.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 109
  • unknown.png
    unknown.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
Just started a new playthrough of Cyberpunk, when I noticed a strange bug that I hadn't before. The last time I did a deep dive on the game was back in 2020 launch week, and as far as I can remember this never used to be an issue.

The bugs:
For some reason, this specific traffic light model is ALWAYS green whenever the player gets close enough for the full detail model to load in. This doesn't happen with any other traffic light model in the game, and this issue isn't just with this stretch of road, although it's probably the worst example of this bug effecting gameplay.

I've also noticed driving AI at intersections using these traffic light models often go on red lights and stop on green when the LOD model is being used.

My hypothesis:
My main hypothesis for the light always being green when the player gets close, is that for some reason whenever the HD model loads in, it resets the traffic cycle to green only, and doesn't take into account what the LOD model was displaying.

As for the traffic failing to stop at certain times and going at others from far distances, I really have no idea, no other traffic light model in the game has this issue, regardless of location. Below are some pictures of the traffic light model in question, and an example of how the bug works. I also left a location you can test this at in the game, same one as I tested it at in the video.

FYI I have no LOD/texture mods whatsoever and only use reshade and a couple UI mods. If someone wants to test this on vanilla just to be sure, go ahead, I pretty much guarantee it'll still be an issue, I've had friends test on vanilla who also noticed this.

Video example:
traffic light bug
This happens in vanilla too. I also assumed it's a LOD related issue, but someone said they don't want the player to stay behind the traffic lights for so long so they turn green when you approach them while driving, and I think that's right mainly because whenever you get near the traffic lights while on foot, they don't change into green. I hope if this is an issue, it gets fixed. And if it's intended, then I hope they change it.

This happens in vanilla too. I also assumed it's a LOD related issue, but someone said they don't want the player to stay behind the traffic lights for so long so they turn green when you approach them while driving, and I think that's right mainly because whenever you get near the traffic lights while on foot, they don't change into green. I hope if this is an issue, it gets fixed. And if it's intended, then I hope they change it.
Yep, I totally agree that they should change/fix it. I also considered if it was intentional, but there were a few things that made me think it wasn't. For instance, why would it only be those traffic light models in particular?

Top Bottom