Am I the only one who can't unlock the secret ending on patch 1.6?

+
I could swear that I followed the choices for Chippin' In properly. The whole point of my second playthrough was so I could slash through Arasaka tower... However I waited 10 minutes and still nothing. I know that there's a chance that I could have misclicked. I'm the kind of person who doesn't need help to forget after all....Still, I have to ask especially since there's been changes in the game. I mean who is this person?! She wasN'T there on my first playthrough. What? She an easter egg or something. (I haven't watched Edgerunners yet.)

EDIT: for very wrong grammar

Attachments

• photomode_19092022_232540.png
    photomode_19092022_232540.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Which percentage you have in the middle (Johnny relation) ?
If you didn't complete Johnny's side quest you need to have 40% and 70% if you complete his quest line.
(I didn't try yet, so it's ppossible that there is a bug if you have all the "requirements".)

Secret ending

There is a secret variation of The Sun ending in which V and Silverhand storm Arasaka Tower all by themselves. To get this ending, you need to choose a specific dialogue at the end of the Chippin' In quest. During the conversation with Johnny in the oilfields choose the following (the rest doesn't matter):
  • "Nah, fucked that up too."
  • "What do you want from me?"
  • "Ok. But as second chances go, this is your last."
After choosing that last dialogue, Johnny's affinity will go up to 40%, and the secret ending will be unlocked. Note: Only this dialogue will work. Choosing the other ones or having a higher affinity by doing the side quests won't change the outcome. As long as you get that 40% during that specific dialogue, you can do any quest you want, even if you choose to go directly to Hanako after finishing Chippin' In.

Whenever you decide, proceed with Nocturne Op55N1. On the rooftop with Misty, after the small talk with Johnny, you'll be given the option of asking Hanako (or Rogue and Panam if you also finished their quests) for help. Don't proceed with any of the possible choices and wait patiently without doing anything. After roughly 5 minutes, Johnny will take V's silence into consideration and offer one more option. This will trigger the quest (Don't Fear) The Reaper in which V and Johnny take part in a "suicide run" by walking through the front door of Arasaka Tower and taking on the enemy alone.

It is possible; most likely you've missed an important conversation choice. ;-)

Cheers Euclid

ps: To clarify, I got 70 with Johnny but have not yet tested the ending.E.

Last edited:
Dammit, I know that I'm a terrible gamer and that my mouse control SUCKS. (I almost always crash when driving the cars)... I can't believe I've misclicked even when referencing a walkthrough. :(

(I didn't try yet, so it's ppossible that there is a bug if you have all the "requirements".)

It is possible; most likely you've missed an important conversation choice. ;-)

Cheers Euclid

ps: To clarify, I got 70 with Johnny but have not yet tested the ending.E.

I retried the Chippin In quest + the following date with Rogue... I got to the secret ending even with only 50% with Johnny... :(:(:( all my effort wasted. I most likely misclicked and didn't notice because I was skipping lines... I guess I'll have to learn console commands now :(

Top Bottom