Anime a success? Check. Phantom Liberty?

+
Check? What happens if say Liberity is successful financially and critically? Does the Epic game deal alow for them to do another? Regardless of success? We know this is the last planned project on Red Engine.

Check? What happens if say Liberity is successful financially and critically? Does the Epic game deal alow for them to do another? Regardless of success? We know this is the last planned project on Red Engine.
Not sure what kinda deal they have but i would be suprised if there wasent some wiggle room for releasing as much as they want on Red Engine. Cp 2078 or whatever are atleast a couple of years away and witcher 4 has just started production so would be odd if they are under some contracted time restraint..

That said they might want too move on due to learning a new engine and so on but thats another issue..

I don't think that Epic game deal forces them to make games ONLY on Unreal Engine.
I think there is a chance that if Phantom Liberty will be a smashing hit, reinforcing the already rekindled interest in the game and if there will be a demand for more, then they will, potentially, roll out another expansion or two. I personally would've really loved it.
However, as of now, they said that this is the only planned expansion - and this is exactly what everyone should expect. They make more down the road? Absolutely amazing. They don't? Well, no biggie - this is what they said after all.

I don't think that Epic game deal forces them to make games ONLY on Unreal Engine.
I think there is a chance that if Phantom Liberty will be a smashing hit, reinforcing the already rekindled interest in the game and if there will be a demand for more, then they will, potentially, roll out another expansion or two. I personally would've really loved it.
However, as of now, they said that this is the only planned expansion - and this is exactly what everyone should expect. They make more down the road? Absolutely amazing. They don't? Well, no biggie - this is what they said after all.

Just wondering, does CDPR consider patches to be projects to?

Probably depends on size. Major patches im guessing are projects especially those that add new content or features since it would require alot of testing and fixing. I did not watch the latest livestream but i think they said they would add better police and shooting from cars and so on so dunno how much more patches are comming and whats included in the expansion

Probably not on an individual basis.

As in, patches, even if they add features or functionalities, wouldn't be considered projects but if what you're thinking is "would they support and improve CP2077 over the long-term with patches" then yes, that would be a project. The patches themselves aren't but "improving CP2077" is. In other words, once the expansion releases, we'll most likely see more patches and they might add more functionalities/features but the main point will be to fix bugs. Once they feel that process is done, they will move on.

As for your OP, no one knows the specifics of the contract but it's unlikely CDPR gave away any of their autonomy. They surely have to work on UE5 but nothing would stop them from working on another project on REDengine at the same time/at a later date if they wanted to. It's just really, really, really unlikely.

As for your OP, no one knows the specifics of the contract but it's unlikely CDPR gave away any of their autonomy.
Yep, I imagine that "Epic partnership" doesn't imply to limit CDPR autonomy and allow them to do "things" by them self (without asking a "permission" to Epic^^).

In my opinion it's time to think about sequel, not another expansion.

I'd love a second expansion but that's because I want to play more V and finally get to cut loose with my upper levels. There's no New Game+.

I also worry any sequel won't have V.

As with everything connected to Cyberpunk IP, its a mixed bag and torn opinion. I WANT to have a cyberpunk world to live in. But if CDPR continues holding on to their ideas like a castaway holds on to a piece of wood in a thunderstorm, then it can never be any good. So its a zero-sum result whatever happens.

Edgerunners is a great anime and great story, vastly better than cp2077 story. It is however, not cyberpunk 2077.

Let's be realistic here. Edgerunners is a hit. 1.6 brought the game to new players and most of them love it. Phantom will probably do the same. But, by the time they do some final polishing with the game after Phantom, the game will be almost 3 ys old. And with inferior engine at hands, it's illogical to pursue the game furthermore. They will wrap things up, maybe thow a few small free DLCs and be done with 2077. They sure be back with another cyberpunk, but not 2077. But, I've been known to be mistaken, fom time to time.

Top Bottom