*SPOILER* when ALT rip the souls out of the body but can't put it back, how about she put the souls in BIOCHIP instead

+
So in the ending that ALT rips V's soul out of the body to the Mikoshi but the problem with that is V's body is too much changed to support Johny's DNA so if she put V back in the old body would make V die in the process

the choice is to give the body to Johny and go beyond the black wall with Alt or still return the soul back and died

How about we got another choice of V to give the body to Johny but didn't go with ALT instead let ALT put the SOUL to the BIOCHIP as Arasaka did to Johny

with ending that not so different mood from an old one but with more some cheerful hope yet still like a little bitter-sweet ending
since it can just modify one of the already existing endings with it

Johny in V's body making the journey to the unknown with V's biochip in the container

with this it's could be used as some kind of sequel bait as well

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Johnny would prefer dying or following Alt than having V on the chip in his head :)
And I could also be wrong, but except in the Arasaka ending where arasaka rip off the chip itself, with Alt the engram of V (or Johnny) return in the body on the chip itself, not "in" the brain.

Yeah, this is one of the things that makes no sense to me.
Biochip activates when the body dies.
When V got shot, the Biochip revived them and started re-writing their personality with Johnny.
Because of that, the body began to genetically adapt to Johnny's engram.
What stops Alt from re-writing the relic with V's engram, then V waits till the body dies or accelerates the process, revives themselves due to the Biochip and lives happily ever after?

What stops Alt from re-writing the relic with V's engram, then V waits till the body dies or accelerates the process, revives themselves due to the Biochip and lives happily ever after?
I'm guessing since the Relic isn't a normal "Secure your soul" chip, it needs to be tailor made to a specific DNA. So it's safe to assume that the biochip was constructed specifically for Johnny and thus can't be repurposed for V.
After all the whole point of the relic was to be a prototype to see if the idea actually works and if it proved to be a success, then Arasaka could've made one for Saburo and other members of the family as well to allow them to live forever just swapping bodies every now and then. That makes me think that each relic is tailor made for one individual.

I'm guessing since the Relic isn't a normal "Secure your soul" chip, it needs to be tailor made to a specific DNA. So it's safe to assume that the biochip was constructed specifically for Johnny and thus can't be repurposed for V.
So, Saburo have not only greenlit a project, that would give potential immortality to his sworn enemy, but did it in a way that can't be potentially repurposed in any other way? So that the only way to test this prototype - is to allow the resurrection of a dangerous terrorist? Yeah, makes sense.

So, Saburo have not only greenlit a project, that would give potential immortality to his sworn enemy, but did it in a way that can't be potentially repurposed in any other way? So that the only way to test this prototype - is to allow the resurrection of a dangerous terrorist? Yeah, makes sense.
I think Saburo wanted to punish Johnny in the worst way possible by first holding him inside the relic. Then test out on a body if the transplant works and who knows what he would've done next. Might have just killed him or imprisoned him forever inside Mikoshi.
After all, if Yorinobu hadn't stolen the relic from Saburo and V hadn't stolen the relic from Yorinobu as a result, where would've Johnny gone? Nowhere because he would be under Arasakas control at all times an noone would even know he was there because everybody thought Johnny was dead.
So the whole project was both for Saburo's own ambition to become immortal and also a vengeance towards Johnny.

Yeah, this is one of the things that makes no sense to me.
Biochip activates when the body dies.
When V got shot, the Biochip revived them and started re-writing their personality with Johnny.
Because of that, the body began to genetically adapt to Johnny's engram.
Yupp, it dosen't add up.

Would have prefered if they had gone the route of RDR2 and had V fight for redemption/revenge rather than survival in the end. Could even add that Alt manages to give them six months but instead of that being a gut punch it's a reward.

So the whole project was both for Saburo's own ambition to become immortal and also a vengeance towards Johnny.
Yeah, that's plausible. If Saburo wanted to just torment Johnny, he could've done it without relic - but putting him on a biochip is an ironic twist of cruelty. "You aren't just my lab rad, you are a lab rat that helps me achieve godhood" - in that case, it can work.
Now, what type of security does Arasaka has if a dude with questionable loyalty like Yorinobu can just yoink their most advanced prototype, especially considering the fate his father prepared for him, or how did he learn about the relic in a first place, is an entirely different discussion.

sabura says there are worse things than death before putting Johnny on the chip. He really didn't intend for johnny to return. hmm

looks like giving johnny your body is a nice big fuck you to Arasaka and especially to saburo.

Just to clarify few things :
I think Saburo wanted to punish Johnny in the worst way possible by first holding him inside the relic.
- It's Yorinobu who put Johnny on the Relic as gift for Netwatch (Saburo have nothing to do with that). For Saburo, Johnny just "wait" in Mikoshi, like plenty of engrams of his "collection" (probably useless compared to some others like netrunner, but no reason to wipe him afterall).
sabura says there are worse things than death before putting Johnny on the chip.
"there are fates worse than death" doesn't come from Saburo. It's the girl who said that to Johnny (the one who lost her husband in the tower). And it probably mean that be soulkilled and stored (jailed) in Mikoshi forever :)

- It's Yorinobu who put Johnny on the Relic as gift for Netwatch (Saburo have nothing to do with that). For Saburo, Johnny just "wait" in Mikoshi, like plenty of engrams of his "collection" (probably useless compared to some others like netrunner, but no reason to wipe him afterall).
So, that means that Relic wasn't personally designed with Silverhand in mind. And that anyone could be theoretically put on it, gotcha.
Which leaves security question in the open.

So, that means that Relic wasn't personally designed with Silverhand in mind. And that anyone could be theoretically put on it, gotcha.
Which leaves security question in the open.
It was not "specially" designed for Johnny :)
(except if Yorinobu have some skills/knowledge on how work the Relic, but I doubt^^)

Thought that from the start, thank you for clarification.
The exact functioning of the Relic remains rather "mysterious" :)
(quite convenient I suppose, 80% of datas are unavailable^^)
It could be a "one write" technology. Once you copy an engram on it, the Relic adapt to this engram and can't be modified afterward. So Alt may be able to copy V engram on the Relic, but the Relic which can't be modified afterward, is not adapated to V and can't proceede as with Johnny (so 6 months remaining).

Top Bottom