Night City Wire — in a nutshell

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

The latest episode of Night City Wire is in the bag and it was packed with content! So, to bring you up to speed on everything that’s been announced, here’s a recap:

New Cyberpunk: Edgerunners trailer

The show will be voiced-over in 13 languages: Czech, English, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (LatAm), Spanish (Spain), and Thai. With subtitles available in several dozen languages.

Patch 1.6 for Cyberpunk 2077

Today we’ve released the Edgerunners Update. Moving forward we decided to focus our attention and resources on the new-gen versions of Cyberpunk 2077 so we can further develop and upgrade the game on those consoles and PC. The game will continue to run on previous-gen consoles and we will continue to provide technical support, but Patch 1.6 is the last major update to be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. For more details on the patch, check out the patchnotes and REDstreams #3:

Teaser of the expansion for Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

The expansion is being developed for PC, Stadia, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S*. Coming in 2023.

*Important: owners of the Xbox One X - Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition Bundle will receive a reimbursement for the expansion in the form of Microsoft Store credits. Please stay tuned for more details about this procedure.

REDmod

Dedicated to all Cyberpunk 2077 and modding enthusiasts, REDmod allows you to modify and create your own experiences in the game's world.

From custom sounds, animations, scripts, and much more, these tools will help you leave your own mark in the dark future world of Night City.

Find out more here.

Roach Race - a Cyberpunk 2077 minigame available on your smartphone

Yes, this is not a joke! It’s standalone, it’s free and it’s available on iOS and Android!

The full Night City Wire episode can be found here:

• "Sir John Phallustiff will now have a new Iconic effect, increasing damage when hitting NPCs in the face. It will also have a chance to stun enemies with strong attacks. Gamepads will now be constantly vibrating while holding the weapon."
  • Say what now?!?

Bit of a mixed bag of an update, seems to me. On one hand, it's good to see CDPR are still trying to bring some more content to the game for those that still care enough to play it, but, on the other hand, it does seem to be fairly low-hanging fruit without much substance to really tie it all together in a compelling package that can push the game forward. I think they kinda have to keep at it regardless, as they seem to have invested a lot in the franchise, so just dropping support would be too much of a loss. I do worry, however, that it might end up being a case of too little too late, and the only real way forward, if they wish to keep up the scale of their operation, is to deliver an amazing Witcher 4.

Mod support for an engine that has been dropped from development? Better late than never, I suppose, but I don't see talanted modders flocking to this.

Aiming for police AI and vehicle combat when there's nothing in the game that is built around it? Feels more like pandering (I mean, which it is...) than an attempt to meaningfully improve the game, really. The only way any of this could end up being meaningful is if they intended to turn Cyberpunk 2077 into a live service with these initial updates being the MVP, but - again - they've already announced that they're dropping support for the engine, so this seems unlikely. So, who is this for? The people that thought this would be a GTA clone and are still hoping for multiplayer and 10 years of support? I can tell you right now that those people won't get much out of these half-baked systems without years of continuous updates that build upon them and an online mode.

Dropping old-gen console support makes sense - no point trying to solve an impossible problem - although it does still stink for anyone still on those platforms. Either way, it's the only choice, really, even if it comes a few years late.

An expansion that brings more of the same? Hardly something that is going to change any minds, but at least it shows CDPR still might recognise that their strengths lie in story-driven content rather than out-of-place transmog systems that will sway nobody's opinion. I am a bit surprised they brought Keanu back for it. Good to see, I was worried they might try to phone it in. Clearly, it shows commitment on their part to give the franchise the best shot they still can.

For the sake of the talented people that are still at CDPR and have the vision to deliver great games in the future, I hope the company can salvage enough of its reputation with all of this to then refocus its efforts on creating quality titles once more.

Last edited:
So you basically just told me to drop your games like a hot rock. Although I will be purchasing a Xbox Series X towards the end of the year I will have plenty of other games to play that will both run on and still be supported on my Xbox One. I will be throwing away my copies of The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 as they will basically be useless any way within a year. I stuck around through the fiasco you guys created but dropping support was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. See ya.

What I want to know is if anyone else will get reimbursed for dropping the xbox one/ps4 versions of the game because I bought the collectors edition of the game and it mentioned that players will be receiving all the free dlc and now I am no longer being given that.

What I want to know is if anyone else will get reimbursed for dropping the xbox one/ps4 versions of the game because I bought the collectors edition of the game and it mentioned that players will be receiving all the free dlc and now I am no longer being given that.
You... want them to give you back all the money you didn't pay for free DLC?

This is because the limited edition includes the expansion, which is not free and will not be available on previous gen consoles. I think what @Jackaboy629 is asking for is money back for the free DLC that will not be available on previous gen consoles due to technical limitations, not the expansion.
Yep it's obvious that only those who "paid" for the expansion on XB1x will be reimbursed. For everything else, no chance to get a refund on free content :D
*Important: owners of the Xbox One X - Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition Bundle will receive a reimbursement for the expansion in the form of Microsoft Store credits. Please stay tuned for more details about this procedure.

Just a question to help me understand what is going on with the game no longer getting updates and DLC for the people playing on older gen consoles. Will getting reimbursement for the game be strictly for those that already purchased the DLC or is it also for the game as well? I have the game on XB1 planning to purchase the DLC and was wondering if I could just instead get a code for the game on pc/steam so I could continue playing or would I have to just buy the game a second time and restart.

Just a question to help me understand what is going on with the game no longer getting updates and DLC for the people playing on older gen consoles. Will getting reimbursement for the game be strictly for those that already purchased the DLC or is it also for the game as well? I have the game on XB1 planning to purchase the DLC and was wondering if I could just instead get a code for the game on pc/steam so I could continue playing or would I have to just buy the game a second time and restart.
The game will continue to receive support on old gen, but no major content will be added anymore. The "refund" only concern those who already paid for (XB1x bundle).
And I don't think (it's almost certain) it wouldn't be possible to transfert the game across platform.
In my opinion, the only way to not buying the game again, it's to play the game on Series S/X.

The game will continue to receive support on old gen, but no major content will be added anymore. The "refund" only concern those who already paid for (XB1x bundle).
And I don't think (it's almost certain) it wouldn't be possible to transfert the game across platform.
In my opinion, the only way to not buying the game again, it's to play the game on Series S/X.
So I will not be refunded nor able to just get another copy of the game for pc via any option. I did not plan to upgrade to a series X/S because I got a pc and that would be my only option to not have to buy it again. if so that would be pretty harsh to other people like myself that expected the game to work on launch and sadly werent able to play much but also were denied a refund at that time as well.

So I will not be refunded nor able to just get another copy of the game for pc via any option. I did not plan to upgrade to a series X/S because I got a pc and that would be my only option to not have to buy it again. if so that would be pretty harsh to other people like myself that expected the game to work on launch and sadly werent able to play much but also were denied a refund at that time as well.
Im guessing you will have too buy it again on PC. Its 50% off atm (has been pretty often) and now theres cross platform saves. I get that it still feels kinda shitty but im guessing thats the best deal you will get.

So I will not be refunded nor able to just get another copy of the game for pc via any option.
Clearly not :(
At least you can ask for a refund on Xbox Store to Microsoft... But I'm not gonna lie, I don't think they'll accept.
if so that would be pretty harsh to other people like myself that expected the game to work on launch and sadly werent able to play much but also were denied a refund at that time as well.
Weird, because as far as know, refunds were actually rather "easy" for all those on old gen :(

Clearly not :(
At least you can ask for a refund on Xbox Store to Microsoft... But I'm not gonna lie, I don't think they'll accept.

Weird, because as far as know, refunds were actually rather "easy" for all those on old gen :(
So if I was trying to get to the support section for this game if to get some assistance with the refund how would I get there. I am having some difficulty finding it.

Top Bottom