Patch Notes 10.10

+
Funny story. I saw that Tir na Lia's description added 'Devotion' and started playing again, only to realize that order is still working with Dwim :ROFLMAO:

Hey, suggestion for community managers: maybe consider posting news on twitter, not only on reddit (in this case I mean clarification Devotion for Tir na Lia is only on paper)

So, a hotfix that fixes nothing? Why isn't Tir na Lia a full devotion card? Why only the order? Still no fix for SY? Why this update, just to add a 'fix' in the wording of the Tir na Lia card without fixing the card? I have so many questions right now...

I take back what I said at the patch release. It looked interesting but actually it's a mess again.

NG is out of control with the boost on the opponent side. I am easily doing 100 point swing with 1 card. Geralt Yrden is a must from now on in each deck.

Wild Hunt is almost broken too.
There are certainly several much more powerful card and combos out there than I had anticipated, but I at least need more time with them and learning how to counter them before declaring them out of control.

Except for broken combinations with Tir Na Lia, Wild Hunt seems very lame -- insufficient on both points and control.

New SY cards are so buggy you can't really tell whether they are good.

I'm not impressed with the new ST cards, but ST is not my favored faction -- I may be using them badly.

NG opponent boost is definitely wild, but I'm not sure a well balanced deck played well can't counter it. I have been consistently beating NG without Yrden -- even not always playing well. But I don't have many games, many opponents badly misplayed, and I have primarily played either my own NG (which has more control than my typical opponent's) deck or an NR deck with lots of control and units which don't have to go tall on their own. Beauclair could a problem on the same order as Tir Na Lia -- certainly without it, the NG opponent boosts are far less threatening.

SK warriors seem very strong when I encounter them, but I haven't really played them yet.

As was pointed out by DRK3, NR's new cards have been badly underestimated by most players -- and they open options in a lot of different directions.

If nothing else, the new expansion gives a lot to explore, has removed several very binary play options (although it may have created new ones), and is allowing more card interactions (which means more strategy) than many of the recent, previous expansions.

So, a hotfix that fixes nothing? Why isn't Tir na Lia a full devotion card? Why only the order?
It was only the order that was problematic in non-devotion decks. You can't overfrost and spam the order with dwims, teleports and all the other cheese shenanigans to create absurd amount of points with foglets and navigators anymore, which means the card is completely fine.

It was only the order that was problematic in non-devotion decks. You can't overfrost and spam the order with dwims, teleports and all the other cheese shenanigans to create absurd amount of points with foglets and navigators anymore, which means the card is completely fin
Ok, but what non-devotional deck is gonna use it now at 12 provisions? What is the use of being partly devotional? Why not make it fully devotional.

Ok, but what non-devotional deck is gonna use it now at 12 provisions? What is the use of being partly devotional? Why not make it fully devotional.
Probably none, but there are already several WH cards in the same boat, yet the option is there for non-devotion decks if they wanna play the lesser versions. I don't think every card needs to outright delete itself from existence like the conquerors in non-devo decks even if devotion is the way to go if you want to play a strong WH deck.

I'll give you one example. In the future, there might be a card "Ciri: the Lady of time and space", which spawns and plays a random location. If Tir na Lia is in full devotion mode, it would be a brick. Unintentional brick.
In other words, "don't fix what's not broken"

I'll give you one example. In the future, there might be a card "Ciri: the Lady of time and space", which spawns and plays a random location. If Tir na Lia is in full devotion mode, it would be a brick. Unintentional brick.
In other words, "don't fix what's not broken"
You mean a card like Angouleme. Then you still need bronze wild hunt cards in your own starting deck.

UMA22

Forum regular
Quote from reddit: 'the Devotion requirement is only on paper, but very soon it will be changed in-game to be aligned with the description'

''Fixed''

So will those still abusing it on ladder be punished for this?

Isn't making it devotion too harsh?

Also, is it me or is MO getting faster "fixed" than other factions, like e.g. Nilfgaard which doesn't seem to get fixed at all.
Foglets should only work with Fog.
The card, would cost 4 provisions then,
Somehow they wanted to raise the wild hunt but they just killed it
Playing non dévotion frost with spamming foglets is way more intresting

The card, would cost 4 provisions then,
Somehow they wanted to raise the wild hunt but they just killed it
Playing non dévotion frost with spamming foglets is way more intresting
True, with only boost on Fog, Foglets won't be viable. Yes, non devotion Frost Foglets is the way to go. Still ... Foglets-more like Frostlets.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Its interesting that Sove could have been problematic in other metas, for being too strong and uninteractive, but it just so happens that (there are more OP new cards and) this card drop also brought support for archetypes that actually end up hitting Sove anyway:

MO has frost, which doesnt care about immunity, NR has reaver hunters that will ping sove without targeting, NG has both the Beauclair's deploy and Rainfarn to copy Sove's value, not to mention probably the most Igni+Yrden heavy meta in Gwent history...

R1 - play was weird, like something was seriously wrong. Does the player not have great cards? Is the player new to the faction? Nope. It was all a setup. 10-20 frost on each row. Why there should there ever be 20 rounds on frost on a row is another question for another time.
R2 - Tir Na Lia shows up. Foglets and whatnot get a huge boost. +20 rounds of frost magically show up again on my side. Decided to pass because my opponent was so much ahead in points.
R3 - Refresh Order of Tir Na Lia, which made no sense to me. "amount lost on the last round transition" it says. Well, the opponent won on the last round. It should be zero correct?. Nope. +20 rounds of frost magically show up again. In the end, I forfeited.

Came to this board to see what others have to say about it. My goodness! That was really bad. What a horrible experience.

Oh, and I don't know what hotfix did what. This happened at most 5 hours ago.

Last edited:
Oh, and I don't know what hotfix did what. This happened at most 5 hours ago.
The wording on the card has been altered, adding 'Devotion'. The mechanic itself hasn't been fixed. It apparently will be fixed in the future, like Draft mode.

rrc

Forum veteran
So, ST is slowly dying from the scene? Every faction has some broken/strong/op plays, but ST gets nothing that can even remotely compete with all the new interactions. Pondkeeper screams to be a 4P card. No idea why CDPR designs 4P cards for ST, but print them as 5P cards. How can a devotion ST have any chance to win against NR, NG, SK, MO? Is Devotion even worth it to get the Eithne alone?

My gut feeling is, by the end of the season, ST would be unplayable.

UMA22

Forum regular
So, ST is slowly dying from the scene? Every faction has some broken/strong/op plays, but ST gets nothing that can even remotely compete with all the new interactions. Pondkeeper screams to be a 4P card. No idea why CDPR designs 4P cards for ST, but print them as 5P cards. How can a devotion ST have any chance to win against NR, NG, SK, MO? Is Devotion even worth it to get the Eithne alone?

My gut feeling is, by the end of the season, ST would be unplayable.
Except NG and a little SK
NR got useless trash cards
SY got unworking cards
ST got non needed cards
Symbiosis is good enough with the old ones
That's why i think it was made to play non dévotion symbiosis but it not worthy
Lol also they got a stupid card the frog mating season useless to play it with symbiosis bc it already overspam unit, so exept playing it with Dol Blathanna Sentry and the cat witchers i see no good use to it, also to much expensive
MO got intresting cards especially aen elle aristocrat, but an useless lock card they can't do an easy lock like for NG

Top Bottom