Phantom Liberty story speculation

+

yabab

Forum regular
Welp. Today put the final nail in the coffin during CDPR's usual corpo calls.

Phantom Liberty will be the only Expansion Pack for 2077. There will be no expansion packs after. This decision is final.

I... have a lot of concerns for when Phantom Liberty drops.

boo.
I looked in the Conference call page for CDPR and the last recording is from September 12th. Have you got a link for the one today?

I looked in the Conference call page for CDPR and the last recording is from September 12th. Have you got a link for the one today?

Well we have the answer today and a friend of mine was feeding me info. It seems to be accurate and depressing.

No second Expansion.

Just the sequel and I really-really hope the sequel is based around the Crystal Palace heist.

No second Expansion.

Yeah quite a bummer. But on an optimistic note, cdpr did describe this one expansion as a "big major expansion that fully utilizes the next gen hardware", or something like that. Not to hype anything too much, but I also find the fact that cdpr adding in pretty major features like a police overhaul and vehicle combat to be quite interesting (as in, I feel like there is more to this). These two are very big feature updates although we don't know what it looks like or how these features are implemented yet so I'm trying not to hype myself too much. However, the car combat intrigues me more every time I think about it. Night City right now tbh doesn't really benefit from car combat. Unless there are cops chasing you, but a part of me highly doubts they went through the trouble of creating vehicle combat for the sole purpose of fighting off police cars that chase you. That's a pretty big feature built for a small slice of gameplay, idk how others play but I got police notoriety less than 5 times during my whole playthrough of Cyberpunk and I never got past 2 stars. Maybe in the expansion gang notoriety could be a thing too now? A proper bounty system. That'd be really cool.

Yeah quite a bummer. But on an optimistic note, cdpr did describe this one expansion as a "big major expansion that fully utilizes the next gen hardware", or something like that. Not to hype anything too much, but I also find the fact that cdpr adding in pretty major features like a police overhaul and vehicle combat to be quite interesting (as in, I feel like there is more to this). These two are very big feature updates although we don't know what it looks like or how these features are implemented yet so I'm trying not to hype myself too much. However, the car combat intrigues me more every time I think about it. Night City right now tbh doesn't really benefit from car combat. Unless there are cops chasing you, but a part of me highly doubts they went through the trouble of creating vehicle combat for the sole purpose of fighting off police cars that chase you. That's a pretty big feature built for a small slice of gameplay, idk how others play but I got police notoriety less than 5 times during my whole playthrough of Cyberpunk and I never got past 2 stars. Maybe in the expansion gang notoriety could be a thing too now? A proper bounty system. That'd be really cool.

The police combat issue is one of those things that I'm happy for other players with but doesn't really benefit me too much because I'm the kind of guy who reloads when an innocent bystander is accidentally caught in the crossfire between me and other characters.

Maybe Peralez (wrong spelling probably) situation, suppose it depends on what the requirements are for starting it.

I was personally hoping for NG+ to be introduced an you needed to use it to experience a new route through the story, say taking the chip to Evelyn, no idea how folks would take that though since i get the impression most would just prefer more content with there partners of choice, but a new story route could fit i think

My loyalty to the game is ridiculous.

PS4 Slim

Me: Ugh. The game was completely broken at the start. I am done with them.

*buys PS4 Pro*

Me: Okay, the game plays well now but I have already done most of the sidequests and material. I'm done now.

*watches Phantom Liberty commercial*

Me: ONLY FOR PS5 users! What a rip off!

*buys PS5 the same week*

Me: I am CDPR's bitch
Haha!

Just a few months ago I was sure about going to get the expansion (I'm on XBox One X) but luckily for me shortly after reviewing some of the new content introduced in 1.5 I realized they aim for different crowd now and that makes economical sense for CDPR and then I thinking that that maybe, one day, if discount, which has always turned out to be never, regardless of factors mentioned, with one exception but that was for a racing game.

I think Xbox Series X isn't a bad console, could probably get one with color that works with furniture, form factor is a problem, I wish I could get one with size of One X but with optical drive as such thing doesn't exist at least yet. So now I don't need to buy a new console, for expansion for one game. Definitely dodged couple of bullets here.

Maybe Peralez (wrong spelling probably) situation, suppose it depends on what the requirements are for starting it.

I was personally hoping for NG+ to be introduced an you needed to use it to experience a new route through the story, say taking the chip to Evelyn, no idea how folks would take that though since i get the impression most would just prefer more content with there partners of choice, but a new story route could fit i think
Since this is the only expansion them it's very likely NG+ will be included. They couldn't do it before because they were still fixing the game. I personally don't really see the point of NG+ but it's almost a definite that they will include it with the final patch.

Since this is the only expansion them it's very likely NG+ will be included. They couldn't do it before because they were still fixing the game. I personally don't really see the point of NG+ but it's almost a definite that they will include it with the final patch.

Well W3 added new stuff for the NG+ like the err was it mutant alchemy? Better armours etc

I suppose it can boil down to how they implement NG+ for some folks but for others just playing the same character and having there items transfer over can also be enough.

Knowing CDPR if they do implement it i would expect a reason for ppl to do it out aside from "because i can", maybe even a higher difficulty tier

Keep in mind this is an expansion. Nothing to keep CDPR from implementing NG+ in a future update, aside from their artistic aesthetics.

I'd expect Silverhand to adopt "a pox on both their houses" position with regard to Arasaka and Militech, given his anti-corpo stance. NUSA is practically Militech after a reverse takeover by installing Militech loyalists in power after nationalization. This is consistent with Johnny's comment about the oath of loyalty being a big mistake.

Keep in mind this is an expansion. Nothing to keep CDPR from implementing NG+ in a future update, aside from their artistic aesthetics.

I'd expect Silverhand to adopt "a pox on both their houses" position with regard to Arasaka and Militech, given his anti-corpo stance. NUSA is practically Militech after a reverse takeover by installing Militech loyalists in power after nationalization. This is consistent with Johnny's comment about the oath of loyalty being a big mistake.

There's a certain irony that the Arasaka bombing is actually what allowed the NUSA to be rebuilt in the first place after the Collapse. Johnny Silverhand does have a legacy and it was about 20 years of Arasaka being out of Night City and Militech being nationalized. It's just both eventually got over it.

Top Bottom