Has cdpr said anything about a 3rd person toggle outside of cutscenes or for cyberpunk orion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive seen this be requested feature a lot I'm wondering what they've said because 210+ hours in. im starting to wonder why it wasn't added as a toggle outside of "cutscenes" like motorcyles etc, because we have a character creator, outfits, transmog and ripperdocs let us change our appearance but cant see anything unless we stop for photomode. i dunno ive never felt immersed in first person because i feel like a walking camera, id feel more immersed seeing my character interact with the world

Nope and as far as I know (could be wrong), they "announced" nothing except the project is named "Orion".
Just a guess, but knowing what happened with CP77, I think CDPR won't repeat the same "mistake" and won't announce "something" about gameplay or content way before release :)

Last edited:
It's way too early for any announcements about what Orion will be. Honestly The game itself is barely even announced just that the inevitable sequel will come.

After the 10-year hype train for CP2077 and then the launch not even coming close to hitting the hype, hell it was practically unplayable broken for a bit until the first few patches came along. SO, with any future games I think they'll probably keep very quiet and close to the vest until they have something definitive to show.

The problem with these "Roadmaps" everyone is putting out from movies to video games is, they outline a "Big Future" and then everything goes quiet for so long you almost forgot what you were excited for.

So yeah, I would not expect any "Real" news on the next CP game for a few years, other than it's in production and will likely come out sometime during the 6-year window the new Witcher trilogy is releasing in. probably in-between the sequels.

I think they probably will because they won't be hampered by having to support such weak hardware as the PS4/Xbox One. Although I can't say for sure but knowing how things work I highly suspect the reason they went with 1st person in 2077 was resource (GPU/CPU power and memory) management and even going to 1st person wasn't enough to make the game run decent on that old obsolete (IMO) hardware. A 7 year long development cycle for console hardware is just way too long in the 20th Century when everyone else is on a 2 year cycle (Nvidia, AMD, Intel etc.)

The reason 1st person became so popular in the 90's is because it took less resources and games like Quake just looked better than anything out there in 3rd person because even the low poly 3rd person models used a lot of resources compared to just showing a hand and weapons which allowed developers to use those resources to build a better environment and NPCs or monsters. It also made online multiplayer much more viable with the then common 56k modems. And even today most online multiplayer games are 1st person and those that are 3rd person have much lower quality graphics

I do hope they make all cut scenes, minus one's where you're inside a car, required to be in 3rd person. Like the way bioware did it in their games. There's almost kind of no point to having a deep customization system if we barely ever see our character

Im fairly sure they will have a better option for doing 3d person in the next game. UE5 already has alot going for it or "already" finished. The issue was how they did 1 person and the way you see your arms/legs the model in the world space (remember the odd shadow? yea thats your game model) i would be happy if they can make V reflect in windows and so on but i doubt they will do it (alot of work required im guessing).

I do hope they make all cut scenes, minus one's where you're inside a car, required to be in 3rd person. Like the way bioware did it in their games. There's almost kind of no point to having a deep customization system if we barely ever see our character

Yep. Same game with just 3d person cutscenes it would have been "50% better" for that alone

(min 1:10)

I think they probably will because they won't be hampered by having to support such weak hardware as the PS4/Xbox One. Although I can't say for sure but knowing how things work I highly suspect the reason they went with 1st person in 2077 was resource (GPU/CPU power and memory) management and even going to 1st person wasn't enough to make the game run decent on that old obsolete (IMO) hardware. A 7 year long development cycle for console hardware is just way too long in the 20th Century when everyone else is on a 2 year cycle (Nvidia, AMD, Intel etc.)
I think you're wrong :)
They will IF they think they had too (if they stick with their creative choice, they won't, very simple^^)

Edit : I hardly imagine that adding a third person view have a real impact on performance... And if CDPR really chosen to "limit the game" because of "old gen" consoles, well... the game would really run "surprisingly well" on the old gen :D

Last edited:
I think you're wrong :)
They will IF they think they had too (if they stick with their creative choice, they won't, very simple^^)
I really don't want them to make it 3rd/1st. I feel much of the claustrophobia and menace from some of the NPC's will simply be lost. You wont have the cop at the start of the nomad leering down at you, invading your personal space. you'd just see someone looking in a car. There are many moments like this. The tech aspects of 1st vs 3rd are tiny, almost irrelevant, it's all about the art and the story.

1st person is simply more immersive at putting you in the scene and toying with those emotions in a way third can never be

Edit : I hardly imagine that adding a third person view have a real impact on performance... And if CDPR really chosen to "limit the game" because of "old gen" consoles, well... the game would really run "surprisingly well" on the old gen :D
It sadly will. You get a much wider view in 3 person so you will need too render more + render V properly all the time. Its the same with 80 vs 100 on pc. you will see a small performance hit at 100. Its limited but still not enough i would say on old gen, since they have moved on now it will be easier too optimise i guess. Even the small enchantment too AI was too much for oldgen, kinda shows how on edge it is already.

It sadly will. You get a much wider view in 3 person so you will need too render more + render V properly all the time. Its the same with 80 vs 100 on pc. you will see a small performance hit at 100. Its limited but still not enough i would say on old gen, since they have moved on now it will be easier too optimise i guess. Even the small enchantment too AI was too much for oldgen, kinda shows how on edge it is already.
Maybe, but if they "really" took care of old gen during devellopement (which I guess it was not the case^^), I assume they would have made a lot more concessions/limitations than just not adding a third person view. Just not adding a view seem just anecdotic to me and wouldn't make the game "run better" on old gen...
They didn't add it, simply because they choose to not add it, quite simple to me in fact. So in the same way, if they stick with their choice, which is a creative choice more than anything else, they won't add a third person view in their next game (like I assume they won't add a first person view in their next Witcher game^^).
Anyway, they won't announce anything of this kind before a (very, very) long while and certainly not way before the release :)

Last edited:
They didn't add it, simply because they choose to not add it, quite simple to me in fact. So in the same way, if they stick with their choice, which is a creative choice more than anything else, they won't add a third person view in their next game (like I assume they won't add a first person view in their next Witcher game^^).
Yea im sure it wasent because limitations that they havent added it, it was a choice they made. But adding it now would probably be more trouble then its worth since its just not made for it. It can be done but i dont see it happening. In the next game it would probably be easier since you can plan for it from the start, not sure it will happend tho since this game is FPP. Seems some people really want it tho so its not impossible, best would probably be having both but how that would work i dunno.
Maybe, but if they "really" took care of old gen during devellopement (which I guess it was not the case^^), I assume they would have made a lot more concessions/limitations than just not adding a third person view. Just not adding a view seem just anecdotic to me and wouldn't make the game "run better" on old gen...
They did not, its made on a PC from the start. Optimising for consoles comes later in the development im guessing. They really went for it tho with gfx and cpu usage, its a heavy game too run. The new consoles was not even released when alot of work was done either so.

Would you look at that. Another 3rd person perspective thread. That devolved into the same arguments again. Who would've thought?

Listen folks, it's really simple. This game isn't getting 3rd person. The next one may. It may even have both perspectives. Neither perspective is better or more immersive because it's entirely subjective. I happen to think first person is more immersive but some people think 3rd is more immersive, my opinion isn't more correct than theirs and vice versa.

Vote with your wallets. If the next game comes out and doesn't have your favorite perspective, don't buy it.

This horse's carcass has been tenderized to excess.

Seems some people really want it tho so its not impossible, best would probably be having both but how that would work i dunno.
Don't know, mixing both always seem weird to me because both are not that good :)
Anyway, it would be hilarious if at some point they release a trailer like Outer Worlds 2 :D
"We have nothing to show, because the only thing that Devs finished, is... the title"
This horse's carcass has been tenderized to excess.
Horse.jpg

This is just another TPP thread disguised as something else, and has already gone off-topic when looking at the thread title.

High time to move on, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom