Win NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 GPU with Cyberpunk 2077 backplate!

+
Finally a card to run the game at 4K 60 FPS. ;)

Look pretty darn nice but honestly, no one should buy 4090 except those who use it for work or production. Yes, it can finally reach 22 FPS and oh wow so much more with DLS 3.0 which is mysteriously not allowed on older cards. But... do you really need 500 FPS instead of 400 FPS in CS:GO? Yes. Does it have to cost as much as a whole computer that can do 300 FPS? No. But fools buy, rest of us have to suffer for the price increases.

the problem being, an rtx 4090 in a non rtx 4000 compatible pc, can run hte risk of power cables, melting, fusing together, and busting up the power supply all together.

i sure hope cdprojekt is aware of the rtx 4000 issues, and they come with a proper manual on how to install these. like buying a new power supply.

Honestly, if I'd win such a beast I'd sell it immediately and get me a midrange card... the power bill alone would ruin me, not to mention I'd have to completely rebuild my PC. Na, I'll leave this one to the oil sheiks and wait for a 4060/4070 giveaway. Nice CDPR is even already working on implementing that overcharged RT setting for these too... err... can we peasants have FSR 2 plz?

can we peasants have FSR 2 plz?
Planned and upcoming :)

Posted in this thread :

Planned and upcoming :)

Posted in this thread :
Uh... don't get me started on that "upcoming" - given that the next patch is so feature rich that it probably won't come before well into next year, probably with the expansion, and there's zero chance that FSR 2.0/1 will come out as an extra hotfix. It should've been in patch 1.6, I mean, just look at the thread you linked how long FSR 2.0 has been out already, and it shouldn't be a big deal implementing it - compared to DLSS especially, which they're already busy updating for cards that aren't even on the market yet.

I don't think CDPR is aware that FSR 2 is basically a lifesaver for everyone without a RTX card, even nVidia users, and not just a gimmick - nVidia sponsored or not, at this point it's almost harmful negligence.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Finally a card to run the game at 4K 60 FPS. ;)

Look pretty darn nice but honestly, no one should buy 4090 except those who use it for work or production. Yes, it can finally reach 22 FPS and oh wow so much more with DLS 3.0 which is mysteriously not allowed on older cards. But... do you really need 500 FPS instead of 400 FPS in CS:GO? Yes. Does it have to cost as much as a whole computer that can do 300 FPS? No. But fools buy, rest of us have to suffer for the price increases.
I think the 4090 is actually the only card from the current line-up that makes sense. Yes, it is expensive, but you also get a lot of performance. The same cannot be said for the 4070 4080. Before we see the 4090 Ti, I think it's more likely that there's going to be a less expensive 16-20gb version of the 4090.

the problem being, an rtx 4090 in a non rtx 4000 compatible pc, can run the risk of power cables, melting, fusing together, and busting up the power supply all together.
It turns out that this is simply not true. You can comfortably run a 4090 with a high quality 850W power supply. Compared to the 3080 and the 3090, the 4090 causes much less voltage spikes on the 12v lanes. That being said, there are definitely better ways to build a cable. And you definitely shouldn't need four separate PCIe cables.
Edit: The issue seems to depend on how the wires are connected to the pins inside the 12VHPWR connector, when using an adapter cable.

Last edited:
I think the 4090 is actually the only card from the current line-up that makes sense. Yes, it is expensive, but you also get a lot of performance.
Tbh the only res worth using a 4090 at seems too be 4k. anything under that seems too be limited gains vs a 3090. ill probably go with a 4090 if im going too buy anything since more memory (some games/programs seems too love vram) and even if its expensive as hell (1600 dollars is cheap as hell over here, im lucky if its under 2500) it will have so much more use then a 4080.
It turns out that this is simply not true. You can comfortably run a 4090 with a high quality 850W power supply. Compared to the 3080 and the 3090, the 4090 causes much less voltage spikes on the 12v lanes. That being said, there are definitely better ways to build a cable. And you definitely do not need four PCIe cables, that's just marketing bullshit.
Yea ill probably spring for a new psu too with a dedicated 16 pin. But ill wait for the TI i think or atleast untill after RDNA3 this time too see whats happening ^^ saw some rumors of a 666w power pull with OCing the 4090 and ive seen some melted cables with the rumored TI(it has x2 16 pins -.-).

[...], But well there are those 2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221010-121723_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20221010-121723_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb__01.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20221010-121139_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    Screenshot_20221010-121139_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:

A new generation is almost here — NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(R) 40 Series graphic cards have been announced and will be available from October 12th!

They’re beyond fast, giving gamers and creators a leap in performance, AI-powered graphics, and so many more leading platform capabilities. Using the same amount of power as the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the GeForce RTX 4090 runs up to twice as fast. It will allow you to experience Cyberpunk 2077 with the new Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode & up to 4X performance increase with DLSS 3.

We’ve heard some rumors that 3 pieces of this preem hardware found their way into Night City. Equipped with custom Cyberpunk 2077 backplates and support brackets from V1Tech, there are literally only 3 in existence. Help us find them and one can be yours!

It’s not gonna be easy though, corps are guarding them as if their lives depended on it (actually, that’s most likely the case). We managed to find some data on the Net but gotta keep it on the down low. We left you a clue on the Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter page. Head over there, solve it and complete the task for a chance to get your hands on a GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition graphics card with Cyberpunk 2077 backplate — and make sure to have your Kiroshi set to Photo Mode, ready to use. You know, just in case.

Over the next weeks we’ll be sharing clues to more tasks on Twitter, so keep your eyes and ears wide open. If you’re one of them, corpos, you’ll find the complete set of rules and regulations here.
Is there any other way to participate than using twitter? Really would not like to make account just for this contest.

Top Bottom