Starfield! Spaaaaaaace...ladders.

+
I find it hard to express how much I am not interested in the game. It has all the red flags of a Bethesda game - shiny and impressive on the surface, but no more than an empty shell.
Can't make a proper RPG without a story.

For me, Bethesda games have never been about the combat. Ever since Arena, their combat systems have been, shall we say, less than fluid.
Yep. Good-ish combat in RPGs is nice, but historically not a part of the genre and actually really tough to do, since so many people have carying opinion on what that is. I really like 2077 combat a lot - flank, gunfire, melee, accelerate opponents, reinforcements, hacking, nice hit-feel - but many people complain. Of course, many people complain regardless...

So if Starfield has adequate combat a la Fallout 4, I'm good!

Adoring fan, the return :giggle:
Adoring_Fan.jpg

Me neither. Skyrim is the last decent game they made IMHO. I feel little joy in playing a blank-slate character in a barren wasteland, which is what all Bethesda games are about.
Just my opinion, but it's a bit surprising. Knowing that unlike Skyrim, in Fallout 4, the main character is not a blank slate, it's even voiced (I think it was saw as a default by some players^^). The map is probably a bit smaller than Skyrim one, but it's also a bit more fill up by stuff to do/explore.
Anyway, for me, their games are good enough (even more with mods) to buy them and spend an enjoyable moment. And I assume Starfield will do the job too :)

Just my opinion, but it's a bit surprising. Knowing that unlike Skyrim, in Fallout 4, the main character is not a blank slate, it's even voiced (I think it was saw as a default by some players^^). The map is probably a bit smaller than Skyrim one, but it's also a bit more fill up by stuff to do/explore.
Still nothing compared to what we get from The Witcher and similar games. I'd rate Skyrim higher than Fallout 4, the character still feels like a blank-slate even voiced. For me it doesn't matter if there's much to do if it's pointless. Gimme a good story with good characters and an open world with purpose. In The Witcher 3, it feels like everything is full of meaning, even the smallest things.

Top Bottom