Is it just me or does Judy have a lot more interaction than Panam

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

"IS IT JUST ME OR DOES JUDY HAVE A LOT MORE INTERACTION THAN PANAM"

Would say they're on the same level, considered you romanced them both.
Now I'm in the women's V, and Judy clearly has more interaction, she also discusses with you what's going on in the city, Panamas just sends a text, or am I missing something?

Now I'm in the women's V, and Judy clearly has more interaction, she also discusses with you what's going on in the city, Panamas just sends a text, or am I missing something?
Did you do all Panam's gigs, including Nash? Whether Valerie or Vincent, the amount of content for all main characters actually, end up exactly the same, if you ask me. Both play time and text.

Did you do all Panam's gigs, including Nash? Whether Valerie or Vincent, the amount of content for all main characters actually, end up exactly the same, if you ask me. Both play time and text.
Even if Judy have few more dialogue lines, something I'm not sure. Those who come in my mind are about the Peralez and the Parade. At the end, Panam have more presence in the game anyway, knowing that :
Panam is involved during a whole ending.

Panam has her own ending and shows up in the last cutscene for it, she has the lion share of new texts introduced in 1.5. And she’s the only character you can hug after you romance her. The women definitely have more content than the men but by far Panam was the clear favorite of the devs.

Depends on if you romance Judy or not. You will never receive her new texts if you have not romanced her or if your male v. I think Panam is the only one who's new texts show up regardless of romance? I've not seen any new texts from River or Kerry when i'm only thier friend.

Guest 4412420

Judy is involved in 10 quests, Panam in 6, but Panam's heavy involvement in the Star ending and that said ending is essentially hers makes Judy and Panam more or less equal. Not to mention that Panam has by far the most romance dialogue and interactions out of everyone, Judy including.

Imagine how people who like Kerry and River feel. :censored: Especially when poor River has only 3 quests.

Has anyone had Panam send messages you felt weren't meant for your V?

I've had her send some flirtatious stuff to my female V and I've also had her send a message that felt like it was geared towards a River romance

Has anyone had Panam send messages you felt weren't meant for your V?

I've had her send some flirtatious stuff to my female V and I've also had her send a message that felt like it was geared towards a River romance
I read from LowSodium cyberpunk that it's happening to everyone post 1.5.

Wonder if it was placeholder from earlier version of game accidently greenlit to 1.5.

Judy is involved in 10 quests, Panam in 6, but Panam's heavy involvement in the Star ending and that said ending is essentially hers makes Judy and Panam more or less equal. Not to mention that Panam has by far the most romance dialogue and interactions out of everyone, Judy including.

Imagine how people who like Kerry and River feel. :censored: Especially when poor River has only 3 quests.

It REALLY seems to me the male options got the serious short end of the stick as you eluded to. While I am not into the male romances, I hope for those that are they even it out a bit for CP2. What urks me about river is even if you pass on all the flirting dialog when playing as Valerie, and keep it strickly business he STILL comes on to you hard at the water tower. Like dude... I gave 0 signals.. chill the frag out. And then he gets all upset. That really should have been fleshed out more. You can give judy or panam 0 signals and they stay friends and wont make a move. But at least with river it seemed so rushed nuance like that got tossed to the way side.

What urks me about river is even if you pass on all the flirting dialog when playing as Valerie, and keep it strickly business he STILL comes on to you hard at the water tower. Like dude... I gave 0 signals.. chill the frag out. And then he gets all upset.
Hum... I never had the impression that he was upset after V said "better to stay friends" on the water tower... "He tried his luck", which is cute in my opinion.
He's disappointed, at most, but not upset :)

It REALLY seems to me the male options got the serious short end of the stick as you eluded to. While I am not into the male romances, I hope for those that are they even it out a bit for CP2. What urks me about river is even if you pass on all the flirting dialog when playing as Valerie, and keep it strickly business he STILL comes on to you hard at the water tower. Like dude... I gave 0 signals.. chill the frag out. And then he gets all upset. That really should have been fleshed out more. You can give judy or panam 0 signals and they stay friends and wont make a move. But at least with river it seemed so rushed nuance like that got tossed to the way side.
Not likely to happen. Players need to realize gaming is a business and the games need to make money. First off the game isn't a dating sim so do not expect it to meet every romantic need you may have. I prefer Judy to Panam but she's gay so I moved on. Romance is not the focal theme of this game.

Secondly the demographic for games skew male/straight. They would either need to reduce the content for the female love interests or increase the budget to add more content for the male love interests which would not translate to meaningful sales.

I would like to add a lot of things to the game but we have to be practical because the devs have to balance a good game with fiscal responsibility and not focus on content that will yield minimal or no return.
Post automatically merged:

Not true, at least with Panam. I'm was not interested in her, but she is constantly flirting with V, and offers s3x in tank, and even other clan members imply that there is something between us
Yes, ppl flirt in real life too, you turn down their advances. I didn't care much about the romance in the game, after the first playthrough I ignored that stuff altogether.
Ppl also assume things in real life. My best friend is a woman and everyone we know thinks there is something between us despite years of us making it clear there isn't.

Last edited:
Not likely to happen. Players need to realize gaming is a business and the games need to make money. First off the game isn't a dating sim so do not expect it to meet every romantic need you may have. I prefer Judy to Panam but she's gay so I moved on. Romance is not the focal theme of this game.

Secondly the demographic for games skew male and straight. They would either need to reduce the content for the female love interests or increase the budget to add more content for the male love interests which would not translate to meaningful sales.
No one bloody said it was a dating sim nor did anyone say romance was the focal point. But if you have romance in a game, then why not make it equal? Don't put the majority of the work into one or two of the options and completely under-deliver with the others. Don't half-ass it in other words. All we're asking for is equality for romance options. I highly doubt it would have upped the budget of the game to have given Kerry and River an equal amount of buildup and content on the level with Judy and Panam.

I highly doubt it would have upped the budget of the game to have given Kerry and River an equal amount of buildup and content on the level with Judy and Panam.

Well, yes, by definition it would have. Any extra work means more money.

I get that what you're saying is that it wouldn't have been a significant increase in budget but considering the state they had to release the game in.... I suspect that they had already reached the limit and had potentially already gone further than the limit.

I mean, it can be applied to plenty of other in-game systems. The police in particular was half-assed and from the fact players found remnants of police pursuit code and the fact CDPR is also revamping it, it seems pretty obvious they intended for it to be better but couldn't make it.

I suspect the lower quality in some romances is also, largely, attributable to this. I'm not saying it's the only reason BTW, just the main one. Obviously, the smart business move if you're going to have multiple romances is to focus on those that will appeal to the most people first. Then they couldn't go further than they did with the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom